For You Fabric Pot Users

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ive been rocking plastic pots for 5+yrs now. I tried using fabric smart pots, but had issues with supporting them.in my drip trays so the bottom isn't just soaking in the run off.

So what are you using to support your fabric pots in the trays? I want, actually NEED to keep all 18 strain in fabric pots for a while with out getting rootbound while i take a few months off of growing.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ive lined the tray bottom with rocks. Damn roots hust grew into the rocks. Lol

I bought expensive (4.99x18) metal grate hot pads. Works somewhat, but sizing them to fit trays is another issue.

Leew421

Leew421

I have seen a plastic insert for cloth pots. It was a post on here somewhere. They seemed legit but I don't have issues with mine

xenon730

xenon730

@DemonTrich
I use a 12" tray upside down inside of an 18" tray as my lift. That was the easiest i came up with over the last 5 years. Yeah if you put medium underneath or anything roots can grow into, theyll grow through your pot lol.

Bushmaster15

Bushmaster15

@DemonTrich what about using something like the plastic light diffuser grates you can get at HomeDepot/Lowes
that would keep them from sitting on the bottom of the tray.
Grate2

Freshone

Freshone

Ive been rocking plastic pots for 5+yrs now. I tried using fabric smart pots, but had issues with supporting them.in my drip trays so the bottom isn't just soaking in the run off.

So what are you using to support your fabric pots in the trays? I want, actually NEED to keep all 18 strain in fabric pots for a while with out getting rootbound while i take a few months off of growing.
Growershouse has what you need,their called gro pro pot elevators.they have different sizes like 2 or 3 bucks each I think.Also small height grates don't work well with fabric pots,the eventually settle right into the grate,they need to be higher and have more support,I tried using the 3x3 plastic ones that they bring loaves of bread into the supermarket on but the pots weight just settled into them when you watered.

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

Growershouse has what you need,their called gro pro pot elevators.they have different sizes like 2 or 3 bucks each I think.Also small height grates don't work well with fabric pots,the eventually settle right into the grate,they need to be higher and have more support,I tried using the 3x3 plastic ones that they bring loaves of bread into the supermarket on but the pots weight just settled into them when you watered.
As he mentioned...these are the best option that don't cost a mint. I use fabric pots too. The pot won't settle into these.

https://growershouse.com/gro-pro-nx-level-pot-elevator-13-in-up-to-7-gal-pots

^^I've never bought from there, I just looked bc he mentioned that site. That's the cheapest I've ever seen them anywhere. They also have a few different sizes. I think I paid like $10 each!

Link function isn't working.

xenon730

xenon730

I do not like fabric pots. They dry out too fast :D
That's part of what makes them amazing. What medium do you grow in? You can also leave them sitting in water if you want to water them less, without risk of drowning them.

xenon730

xenon730

aconsejo altamente en contra de hacer esto, tu hust que pide problemas mi amigo
I'm not going to clarify on every post that i don't advise some things but that they are possible. However on this specific example, there are plenty who bottom feed fabric pots and produce dank. It's common in Holland. Saying something is possible doesn't mean i do it or am telling other people to. I wish people would get that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom