Found the best microscope...

• Thread starter JustAnotherHead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustAnotherHead

I went through like 6 or 7 different maginfiers, loupes, and pocket microscopes this grow. I think I tried them all. They all were pretty much terrible for checking the plants. The depth of field and field of vision is so minute that you have to jam them into the plants. Well I got this microscope yesterday....

http://www.amazon.com/SE-Mini-Brass...MU70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319506139&sr=8-1

This thing is awesome!!! It's tiny but the DOF and FOV are much better. I can see the tricks for a whole leaf and it's all in focus and I don't have to jam it into the buds. I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone who is having trouble with the pocket microscopes (like the Konex 60-80x or the Carson 60-100x pocket microscope). I think you will VERY pleasantly surprised, i was about to give up on checking the trichs until I bought this one. Best $3.00 I've ever spent.

Happy Growing!

J

jjh1957

Good deal, I just bought one too. They are 16-18 dollars at grow stores.

St3ve

St3ve

I'm with you man, I have a few of the 60-100x and they are just too hard to really use. I also fall back on my 30 loupe but even that can get annoying.

I just ordered a few as well, thanks.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Got mine. Super tiny and tbh not sure 45x magnification is sufficient for my eyes these days. Nice big field of view and all very clear and easy to use... and can't beat the price!

Thanks!

K

kolah

I'm with you man, I have a few of the 60-100x and they are just too hard to really use. I also fall back on my 30 loupe but even that can get annoying.

I just ordered a few as well, thanks.

I too have to 60-100x and the 30x loupe. The 60-100 is only good if I pluck off a small leafbud, lay it on a flat surface and then focus in. It is almost impossible to use it and view a buds still on the plants.

The 5-10-15/30x loupe is easy to use but lacks in magnification...imo

I''ll give that one a whirl and order one. Thanks.

johnursery

johnursery

+1 ive been using one for a while, w/o problems but i woulda ordered a backup or 2 if ida known it'd be as good as it is

D

Douche_Bigalow

I was on the order page..17-31 days for them to deliver it...Not quick enough..

johnursery

johnursery

try another seller on the same site, should have some differing in price and shipping

K

kolah

Being priced so low I wonder how long they last (bulb, switch etc).

alstotter

alstotter

Just ordered one my Cason 60x can suck it hard when this arrives

DeRail

DeRail

Barneys farm was giving these away at the cup last year since then I used mine a lot with no problems they last for a while i have a few so i cant say how long just one will last but it has been a year and all 3 still work. i forgot to mention there is a adapter to use with most smart phones for these.

St3ve

St3ve

Mine just came in the mail. I was quite surprised at how tiny it is compared to the picture. Non the less, it works GREAT indeed.

Thanks again, props to the OP

G

G420

nobody likes the usb scopes?????? it works grat plus you can capture pics of your closeup shot heres a pic of it in action ( i know my desk is dirty) lol

IMG 20111117 180628
johnursery

johnursery

usb scopes are awesome if you have somthing cut already, but for me when it comes to the live plant its way easier to use the 45x scope to see the trichs well, before you cut any buds off so they only get cut when there at the ripeness you want

G

G420

you can check buds on the plant all you need to do is elevate the scope on a steady surface....i love it!!
usb scopes are awesome if you have somthing cut already, but for me when it comes to the live plant its way easier to use the 45x scope to see the trichs well, before you cut any buds off so they only get cut when there at the ripeness you want

T

theTinker

Lately ive just been using the macro function on my camera and enlarging it on my computer! :)

I have a decent DLSR with good close lens but i think most cameras would do the trick, especially since you can enlarge it on a big screen.

G

GrimloxK

DOPE.

I have the carson and I just went to go check on my buds when lights came on and I couldn't see a damn thing...I'm def getting this.

Great info OP.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
'bought a few of these, they're fantastic!

btw, although it said shipping estimate was over 30 days, mine arrived in 10.

Top Bottom