Found This Study On Mite And Thrip Treatment With Ultrasound

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Through all the reading I've done I had not once seen ultrasound mentioned as treatment for cannabis pests. I will agree that this test was not done with cannabis but with fruit but the results should carry over. I've also been reading about people using them to get rid of white flies as well.

Long story short, you can treat or prevent infection with ultrasound. It has been shown to mess with fertility and the hatching of eggs as well not to mention they don't want to be around it.

Maybe crazy maybe not?

H

heisen

Through all the reading I've done I had not once seen ultrasound mentioned as treatment for cannabis pests. I will agree that this test was not done with cannabis but with fruit but the results should carry over. I've also been reading about people using them to get rid of white flies as well.

Long story short, you can treat or prevent infection with ultrasound. It has been shown to mess with fertility and the hatching of eggs as well not to mention they don't want to be around it.

Maybe crazy maybe not?
Scared of bugs got you reading up huh,I never bring new clones anywhere near my grow.I always have them shipped 20 miles away to my nephew,He puts them in a dome with a no pest strip after he checks them over with a scope.I wont take them for 2 weeks after they show no signs of bugs.
Ive never had bugs but from everything i have seen ad read broad mites and spider are NO joke.I never want to have to destroy all my plants and disenfect the place out over something that can be easily prevented.

S

Shawnery

Agreed Heisen and is the next step in my growing and learning process.

H

heisen

Agreed Heisen and is the next step in my growing and learning process.
Yeah man i hate to see people having problems.I love to see people succeed.I can remember when i grew my first crop in DWC i was so excited,Gardening is therapeutic and i really enjoy it.Enjoy watching people succeed is more fun to me than growing

S

Shawnery

The worse part is it's like flyfishing but instead of maybe catching a fish every day it's more like knowing maybe you'll catch a great fish a couple times a year.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Scared of bugs got you reading up huh,I never bring new clones anywhere near my grow.I always have them shipped 20 miles away to my nephew,He puts them in a dome with a no pest strip after he checks them over with a scope.I wont take them for 2 weeks after they show no signs of bugs.
Ive never had bugs but from everything i have seen ad read broad mites and spider are NO joke.I never want to have to destroy all my plants and disenfect the place out over something that can be easily prevented.
I keep telling folks prevention is worth a pound of bud. A good IPM move there bubble. Always quarantine new clones from even your best buddy. I go one step more and dip all new clones as well along with a 2-3 week quarantine.

I like what you do with having a separate space for the seclusion period. Very smart and foolproof.

UG970

UG970

The thing that comes to mind is that if it is killing insects, what’s it doing to the plants? I’d be afraid of stunting growth. M2C.

S

Shawnery

It's actually good for them. I was thinking the same thing when I first looked it up. They've actually been studying the impact with sound waves on plant growth for a long time with positive results.

UG970

UG970

It's actually good for them. I was thinking the same thing when I first looked it up. They've actually been studying the impact with sound waves on plant growth for a long time with positive results.
I’ve always played the girls music

S

Shawnery

It's been proven that plants don't do well with rock music for some reason but react well to classical.

They've done studies where plants have grown around speakers with music playing they respond positivity to.

There's been other studies where plants were grown next to a speaker and other weren't and the plants next to the speakers grew at an angle towards the music.

The idea behind ultrasonic though is a bit different than music though as it is theorized that it effects the plants on a cellular level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom