• 6" inline

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • 4" inline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

So I will be starting my first indoor grow shortly and have some questions about my choice of soil. Fox farm ocean forest. I plan on running the ffof with 30-40% perlite added in and that's it. Will this be sufficient enough for my girls? seeming how I'm planting them in 5 gallon buckets as soon as they are germinated. I don't plan on running any nutrients during veg if so it will be the last week. Also I'm only running fox farm basic nutrients (tiger,big and grow big) any replies are greatly appreciated

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

You will be fine trust me lol look at my gorilla glue thread from the start I'm harvesting my last girl this week don't over think it the you don't have to rush adding nutes to your girls with ffof soil you will be ok first couple weeks cause it will stay saturated until they really start drinking 10-14 days maybe someone correct me if I'm wrong

20161010 135135
Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

You will be fine trust me lol look at my gorilla glue thread from the start I'm harvesting my last girl this week don't over think it the you don't have to rush adding nutes to your girls with ffof soil you will be ok first couple weeks cause it will stay saturated until they really start drinking 10-14 days maybe someone correct me if I'm wrong
Thanks for the quick response.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I always add 1 cup powdered dolomite lime per 1.5cu' bag of ffof. I've never checked run off, nor have I ever needed to. Always perfect runs time and time again for 4+yrs.

Make sure you have something to kill the fungus gnats. They seem.to be in every fucking bag. Promis is what I use. 3ml/gal for clones, 10ml/gal when up potting to 5 gal pots, 15ml/gal after 4 weeks of veg before flip.

Do NOT use more than 3ml/gal for clones. They will not like it.

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

I always add 1 cup powdered dolomite lime per 1.5cu' bag of ffof. I've never checked run off, nor have I ever needed to. Always perfect runs time and time again for 4+yrs.

Make sure you have something to kill the fungus gnats. They seem.to be in every fucking bag. Promis is what I use. 3ml/gal for clones, 10ml/gal when up potting to 5 gal pots, 15ml/gal after 4 weeks of veg before flip.

OK good to know do you use your own soil mix?? and what does it actually do or is that to rid the fungus gnats

budhaboy

budhaboy

For fungus gnats I simply use a small bowl of water with a shotglass of apple cider vinegar, and adrop of dish soap.

Just place the bowl among the plants, the gnats will be attracted to the scent of fruit vinegar, and dishsoap breaks up the surface tension of the water so the gnats end up drowning in the water

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
So I will be starting my first indoor grow shortly and have some questions about my choice of soil. Fox farm ocean forest. I plan on running the ffof with 30-40% perlite added in and that's it. Will this be sufficient enough for my girls? seeming how I'm planting them in 5 gallon buckets as soon as they are germinated. I don't plan on running any nutrients during veg if so it will be the last week. Also I'm only running fox farm basic nutrients (tiger,big and grow big) any replies are greatly appreciated
Try small plastic trash cans with holes drilled in the bottom, the tapered bottom shape makes them dry out faster than buckets.

H

HighResin

20% perlite is plenty I've been using this ratio for years mix in 1 cup doolomite to 2- bags of ffof and use mykos when transplant ing. I put clones into pro mix for 2 weeks then start ffof mix into 1 gallon pot and transplant at 50-60 days to 5 gallon 1 week before 12/12 I use mykos every transplant

H

HighResin

I have ran ffof for 5 years and have never had fungus nats,not sayin you haven't just sayin I've been lucky I guess

H

HighResin

I only use big bloom in veg and molasses in flower mixing watering in flower with big bloom and molasses

IMG 1722
IMG 1726
IMG 1722
I do exactly the same thing. But I only add like 20% perlite since there's a small amount in ocean forest already. Yea don't feed them until week 3 or 4. I use the whole line by foxfarm but in their feeding schedule for ocean forest, they don't mention to use grow big or tiger bloom. Big bloom u use during every stage. I use grow big no problem but I would say wait for tiger bloom until week 6 or so after all the nutes are out from the soil. For flushing I use clearex instead of sledgehammer.

H

HighResin

View attachment 664794 View attachment 664795 View attachment 664794
I do exactly the same thing. But I only add like 20% perlite since there's a small amount in ocean forest already. Yea don't feed them until week 3 or 4. I use the whole line by foxfarm but in their feeding schedule for ocean forest, they don't mention to use grow big or tiger bloom. Big bloom u use during every stage. I use grow big no problem but I would say wait for tiger bloom until week 6 or so after all the nutes are out from the soil. For flushing I use clearex instead of sledgehammer.
You can wing out all but 2 bottles as you don't need them and no need to flush your plants IMO especially if your not pumping tons of nutes no need to spend so much money unless your rich then dump away.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use ffof and technaflora nutes myself.for 4+yrs. LOVE it.

Couple tips for ya

Add 1 cup powdered dolomite lime to 1 bag of ffof soil and 30% perlite. Helps buffer ph, and the perlite cuts the soil a tad more.

Sugardaddy- ditch it immediately
Grab a bottle of botinicare sweet raw. Same thing as SD, BUT it's a lot cheaper, only need 10ml/gal of sweet vs 15ml of SD to get the same potency. So saving two-fold.

Depending on how much nutes tou use, buy bloom, boost, and sweet in 1gal jugs. Thrive alive red, awesome, and magical in the medium sized bottles.

I always use full strength, 100% feedings. Never any issues even when I run 10 different strains. ALL my girls love it.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

Couple tips for ya

Add 1 cup powdered dolomite lime to 1 bag of ffof soil and 30% perlite. Helps buffer ph, and the perlite cuts the soil a tad more.

Grab a bottle of botinicare sweet raw. Same thing as SD, BUT it's a lot cheaper, only need 10ml/gal of sweet vs 15ml of SD to get the same potency. So saving two-fold.

Depending on how much nutes tou use, buy bloom, boost, and sweet in 1gal jugs. Thrive alive red, awesome, and magical in the medium sized bottles.

I always use full strength, 100% feedings. Never any issues even when I run 10 different strains. ALL my girls love it.

When mixing FFOF, I like to add 2 cups gypsum, 1 cup lime, a little Mn sulfate, and some Cu sulfate. FFOF needs more Ca. Good luck.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Couple tips for ya

Thanks for the info on sugar daddy, I'll scope it out. I only run 4 plants max, so my needs arent too great.

Their recipe is strong! Comes out over 2 EC. I'm running my next batch in hydro, so I've been cutting the recipe 1:1 with clean RO to get EC down to 1.2. Girls love it. Seems to be the levels most are operating on in hydro, then bump it up to 1.6ish in mid flower for heavy feeding.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Top Bottom