• Poll closed .

IMG 2405
IMG 2407
IMG 2409
FFOF started the 7th week of flower. This is my first grow. Wifi #3

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can feed autos flower nutes from the time theyre big enough to feed if you want, so noo need for feed in good soil for veg.

KronicSour

KronicSour

You can feed autos flower nutes from the time theyre big enough to feed if you want, so noo need for feed in good soil for veg.
OK. I saw some forums saying that if you got good organic soil such as biobizz or promix etc there is no need for nutes until after first week of flower.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Maybe, you have to watch the plant. If it looks hungry then its time to feed.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Once it looks hungry(lighter green, cotyledons die, takes off in growth etc)

R

Rolando Mota

I use ffof and technaflora nutes myself.for 4+yrs. LOVE it.

Couple tips for ya

Add 1 cup powdered dolomite lime to 1 bag of ffof soil and 30% perlite. Helps buffer ph, and the perlite cuts the soil a tad more.

Sugardaddy- ditch it immediately
Grab a bottle of botinicare sweet raw. Same thing as SD, BUT it's a lot cheaper, only need 10ml/gal of sweet vs 15ml of SD to get the same potency. So saving two-fold.

Depending on how much nutes tou use, buy bloom, boost, and sweet in 1gal jugs. Thrive alive red, awesome, and magical in the medium sized bottles.

I always use full strength, 100% feedings. Never any issues even when I run 10 different strains. ALL my girls love it.
Hey I was thinking about doing the same exact thing I have experience with the technaflora nutrients and have used them before. I can get the brief case recipe for success kit for $10 and a bag of FFOF for $11 from this hydro shop around my area in North Hollywood. I'll add the perlite and Dolomite lime as you said. Have you done well with this method? Pretty cost efficient way to grow I may say.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So I will be starting my first indoor grow shortly and have some questions about my choice of soil. Fox farm ocean forest. I plan on running the ffof with 30-40% perlite added in and that's it. Will this be sufficient enough for my girls? seeming how I'm planting them in 5 gallon buckets as soon as they are germinated. I don't plan on running any nutrients during veg if so it will be the last week. Also I'm only running fox farm basic nutrients (tiger,big and grow big) any replies are greatly appreciated
Hard to say..generally I watch the plants in veg for signs they are hungry, then if need be, I feed a bit. I veg for about 6-8 weeks though and find the nutrients in FFOF are pretty much used up by week 4.
Recently I have begun mixing FFHF in the mix..Not as hot as the OF so I feed a bit sooner. Mature plants can be flowered when you see alternating nodes (sexually mature plant).
Alternating nodes

DimsdaleDabs

DimsdaleDabs

When feeding your plants do you strictly follow the recipe and if so do you use RO water or just ph'd tap water.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

When feeding your plants do you strictly follow the recipe and if so do you use RO water or just ph'd tap water.
If you mean me..I use the feeding instructions on the Bag (megacrop), but go by the seat of my pants to decide when and how much. I stopped using RO last yr and out Tap is pretty hard..the plants actually do better with the tap!

Latest posts

Top Bottom