Framing An Entrance To My Shipping Container

• Thread starter GreaseMunkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreaseMunkey

I can probly help ya get tbru this man....im a carpenter by trade. Can u b a lil more specific about what exactly ur trying to do? Sounds like u want a wall between where u enter the shipping container and where ur plants r gonna be is that right?
I want it on the outside of the container doors .so I can enter into a small room before I go in the container. I realize this could be difficult with swinging doors that open to the outside but if I build it big enough it should be fine...I really just need some input on the best way to seal it to the container

G gnome

G gnome

I want it on the outside of the container doors .so I can enter into a small room before I go in the container. I realize this could be difficult with swinging doors that open to the outside but if I build it big enough it should be fine...I really just need some input on the best way to seal it to the container

Ok i gotcha....can u wrap the end of the container in 2x4 so, one on top and one on each side and attach it with self tapling screws?

G

GreaseMunkey

Ok i gotcha....can u wrap the end of the container in 2x4 so, one on top and one on each side and attach it with self tapling screws?
yes I think that's possible..sorry I don't have a pic at the moment but I will take one today soon. the container sits parallel to the side of my house with a foot between them. doors flush to the back side of the house

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I can probly help ya get tbru this man....im a carpenter by trade. Can u b a lil more specific about what exactly ur trying to do? Sounds like u want a wall between where u enter the shipping container and where ur plants r gonna be is that right?
Well that explains a lot .... what a relief... you being a carpenter by trade...... As a painter by trade I been fixin you hacks stuff for decades........ Always remember lots o caulking and lots o paint make you carpenters what you aint...... :p

Freshone

Freshone

Grease you would be much better off constructing your foyer(lol)inside the container than out for alot of reasons.Its weather tight,if you need to move the container its easy,shut the doors and good to go,Connecting wood to metal container and getting it weather tight is more work etcetc.Google container homes for some good ideas and possible ideas.

Top Bottom