Fresh Frozen

• Thread starter Sweetskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sweetskunk

I lolli popped some of my plants and instead of hanging and drying these little branches i just picked off the buds and froze them because they where premature, still covered in trichomes though.
I was hoping to make some butter or live rosin or any simple good idea I could do to get lifted off this stuff.

on youtube ive seen decarb vids on uncured bud, not sure if it was uncured and undried though and if my buds will work being freshly picked off the plant and not drying at all.
I had my buds in the freezer for a bit and tried to press with parchment paper and a hair straightener i have on the highest setting but maybe my bud wasn't frozen enough? It secreted some super light green stuff but not much and it seemed to have a watery consistency.

how long can i keep this fresh bud in the freezer too, i didn't think I would have to worry about it really.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

You can keep it for years, a year is the longest I can attest to , in the freezer freshly cut. It can be used to make live resin/rosin. I don't know the process fully but it involves using a solvent at some point to decarb it. Sorry wish I knew more. But I know that live resin/rosin is the absolute fire!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No solvent needed for decarbing. Either an oven, crock pot, or a long time as a tincture can decarb. If the buds weren't developed, chances are the trichs aren't mature yet, and won't habe any psychoactive properties, Useful thc.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

No solvent needed for decarbing. Either an oven, crock pot, or a long time as a tincture can decarb. If the buds weren't developed, chances are the trichs aren't mature yet, and won't habe any psychoactive properties, Useful thc.
Can you please explain how it is decarbed in a crock pot? I want to try this. This is for living rosin correct? Resin would need a solvent? Thanks

S

Sweetskunk

so this is what im working with, two plants where dying and i had to move them fast so i broke branches and shoved em in a bag to get them home. idk what to do, freeze , decarb , make butter? helppppp please​

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Can you please explain how it is decarbed in a crock pot? I want to try this. This is for living rosin correct? Resin would need a solvent? Thanks

I think you have it mixed up. Live resin is only done with liquid nitrogen extraction. Rosin is made with heat and pressure. Qwet is an ethanol alcohol extract. Qwiso is an isopropyl alcohol extract. Comb, errl , wax, shatter, is made from butane or propane or a blend of the 2.

You use a crock to make butter. This can be used with decarb bud, or cooking it for a shit load of hrs (18+) in order to decarb the mj.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

so this is what im working with, two plants where dying and i had to move them fast so i broke branches and shoved em in a bag to get them home. idk what to do, freeze , decarb , make butter? helppppp please​

Snip buds from branches. Save buds, shit can branches or juice if your into it. Then use buds for what you like. I'm not sure what you want to make, or the issue with why u cut.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Live resin is bho as well. I know ppl that use dry ice for 48 hours with the fresh stuff. Most common is bho by far though.

Edit: I will be doing the same with my larfies from the outdoor.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

That goes against everything I've researched in the past. The only live resin sentences ive ever read, only used liquid nitrogen for the extract.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

That goes against everything I've researched in the past. The only live resin sentences ive ever read, only used liquid nitrogen for the extract.
Might want to research a bit more. I buy it regularly from the dispos, I have only ever heard of nitrogen being used on the forums to make it.
Freshfrozen+butane = standard live resin.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You both have me confused. I'm a flower guy thru and thru. So I dont think I am a pro in this category by any means. Isnt resin or live rosin done under pressure with a press and fresh flower?

Help a brother out. For some reason I cant shake the feeling that if a chemical or solvent is used then it isnt live..... Set me straight fella's

I thought the live part came from no chems and just fresh pressed resin and that maintains the terps and flavor profile ala natural....... :(

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Rosin is pressure and heat

resin is extraction with supercritical temps and machines.

That's my thinking. As soon as a solvent is used, it's dead, not live.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So I used to do blasting bho style and no not a bhotard. :p Always followed safety protocol:D Never tried the fresh frozen, thanks for the clarification. How cold do you have to freeze the buds for this type of extraction?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Wish I didn't already dry and cure my cannatonic 4. I etoh extract all the sugar and buds. Could have made live resin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom