Fresh Frozen

• Thread starter Sweetskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sweetskunk

Snip buds from branches. Save buds, shit can branches or juice if your into it. Then use buds for what you like. I'm not sure what you want to make, or the issue with why u cut.

shit situation , wasn't my choice it was either take it how i did or leave it in the trash someones family wasn't actually okay with it..
im sorry ive just never harvested anything before

so freeze the really fresh stuff and push butane thru it or iso wash it for wax? and juice branches as in make tea out of them or you can extract those as well
(low quality im assuming)
sorry thankyou tho for explaining i just dont want to get no use out of it
I tried pressing frozen rosin but i see i was confused now with that extraction prosses. lol

im going to look up bho extract now ive never done that, only iso washed one time before and i didn't purge after so i think i was probably smoking some iso each dab ... live and learn

I really think i want to make butter with the few branches i had hanging for a day or so, so i can decarb them at this point then, then cook in butter?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@GT21
He'll give you the info for iso. If you've never done bho, is hold off on that if your not familiar with the tek. You can blow yourself and others up, and be in the 7oclock news. Or you can make some killer stuff.

As far as making butter, there are guys who just toss in their herb in a Crock pot, add butter, and cook for x amoutof hours. I use extracts only for edibles. So my tek is different.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Rosin is superior in very way in my opinion. No Solvent... That's all that really needs to be said, but I could go on and on about flavor and terpene profiles compared to butane or other chemical solvents. ISO is ok if you like the taste of alcohol on your medicine. Rosin is made with a combination of heat and pressure, dry sift will yield the most but flower rosin is the finest oil overall, IMO. Flower rosin can include FFRosin or "living rosin". This is not typical of rosin proper because, as I stated before, the flower/resulting oil, must be decarboxylate to chemically change THCA to THC. That is the extent of my knowledge. I have made rosin for years but not living rosin or live resin, both of which, according to my sources must be decarbed with some type of solvent. That's why I was asking if because you said it could be done in a crock pot? I was interested to hear how. Someone please correct me or chime in with some knowledge/experience. Thanks all.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Rosin is superior in very way in my opinion. No Solvent... That's all that really needs to be said, but I could go on and on about flavor and terpene profiles compared to butane or other chemical solvents. ISO is ok if you like the taste of alcohol on your medicine. Rosin is made with a combination of heat and pressure, dry sift will yield the most but flower rosin is the finest oil overall, IMO. Flower rosin can include FFRosin or "living rosin". This is not typical of rosin proper because, as I stated before, the flower/resulting oil, must be decarboxylate to chemically change THCA to THC. That is the extent of my knowledge. I have made rosin for years but not living rosin or live resin, both of which, according to my sources must be decarbed with some type of solvent. That's why I was asking if because you said it could be done in a crock pot? I was interested to hear how. Someone please correct me or chime in with some knowledge/experience. Thanks all.
The reason people might not ever switch to rosin is there is a lot of waste... but you can always make rso with the waste

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21
He'll give you the info for iso. If you've never done bho, is hold off on that if your not familiar with the tek. You can blow yourself and others up, and be in the 7oclock news. Or you can make some killer stuff.

As far as making butter, there are guys who just toss in their herb in a Crock pot, add butter, and cook for x amoutof hours. I use extracts only for edibles. So my tek is different.
I have a butter thread around here somewhere too... its got a bunch of dishes in it

S

Sweetskunk

okay thanks guys,
I got a whole mason jar quart filled with fresh nugs from all that havent weighed it yet but its in the freezer now.

I don't have any of that fancy vac/ purge equipment so i'm debating on cutting in someone who does or whipping and stirring over some hot water/mineral oil ... my friend said hes pushed one time before but thats how i evap'd the iso (unsucessfully all the way) ill have to get a temp gun or something

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-fun-with-butter.78161/

@GT21
found your butter thread and there is some amazing looking stuff in there man. can't wait to make some.
I actually cook a LOT so ill make some stuff and share when I do.

I know you said you don't decarb , but how fresh was the trim , could i let it dry out a few days or is it better to use fresh as well, and just to make sure more water takes away weed flavor.. cause im thinking about using more than a 1/2lb of trim i want them super potent , im sure ill probably just end up using a happy medium and slow cooking it that long in the crock pot

but thankyou a lot guys i appreciate the guidance, ill start trying my best to search here more, found a lot of cool stuff searching gt's threads

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
okay thanks guys,
I got a whole mason jar quart filled with fresh nugs from all that havent weighed it yet but its in the freezer now.

I don't have any of that fancy vac/ purge equipment so i'm debating on cutting in someone who does or whipping and stirring over some hot water/mineral oil ... my friend said hes pushed one time before but thats how i evap'd the iso (unsucessfully all the way) ill have to get a temp gun or something

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-fun-with-butter.78161/

@GT21
found your butter thread and there is some amazing looking stuff in there man. can't wait to make some.
I actually cook a LOT so ill make some stuff and share when I do.

I know you said you don't decarb , but how fresh was the trim , could i let it dry out a few days or is it better to use fresh as well, and just to make sure more water takes away weed flavor.. cause im thinking about using more than a 1/2lb of trim i want them super potent , im sure ill probably just end up using a happy medium and slow cooking it that long in the crock pot

but thankyou a lot guys i appreciate the guidance, ill start trying my best to search here more, found a lot of cool stuff searching gt's threads
Sometimes the trim is fresh. ..sometimes its been in freezer for a bit.

As for dabs if you do it with isopropyl alcohol or everclear then you dont need a heat vac... might want a temp gun though

Good luck bud

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

The reason people might not ever switch to rosin is there is a lot of waste... but you can always make rso with the waste
I don't have waste with rosin.. I use only fresh shake/trim. Tumble into high quality pollen.( that already recycles what some refer to as waste ) then I squish the Kief in 45 micron medical grade(316t) stainless steel mesh screen( use silk screen for flowers), then press. The pressed or squished Kief that's leftover in the pouches contains practically no medicinal value( could be washed with ISO but no point) makes better rabbit food around here... I make tumblers, pouches, my neighbor makes presses.. Ain't nuthin new.. Don't do ISO, I would rather smoke dry sift any day than that shit. I'd rather smoke a good dry sift than any solvent oil. Super critical co2 extraction is the cleanest solvent available for making extracts. If you insist on using a solvent, this is the best that makes the finest product, and a super critical extractor is only in the tens of thousands price wise..haha. Bad joke but true... And you do not need a 20 ton press to make fire rosin, it can be done easily with a hair straightener and a clamp.. Make your own pouches... Order silk screen or stainless steel mesh screen (316t is the medical grade). Don't fall for the hype. DIY Everything!!!!

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

There is so much misinformation about concentrates/extracts, that is why people blow themselves up trying to make B.uttH.oleO.il.. please everyone, do not use chemical solvents anywhere close to open flame!! I know it's seems obvious, but it's easy to forget that one's oven has a pilot light, or that cell phones or electric devices can be enough to ignite butane..Never do these extractions until you are absolutely confident in your ability and even then, it's better left to the experts in laboratories.. If you want a safe way to make the highest quality oil, grab a hair straightener from your mommas bathroom and get to pressin, ain't no one ever blowd up usin a hair straightener.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Just spoke with my homie who makes live rosin... No real difference in dry rosin just use fresh frozen cannabis flowers or dry sift from the wet trim/shake, best from trim table(1st bounce). That's it, no solvent and fresh fire rosin.. "Frosin" as he called it. Also look up winterization.. Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom