From 100 To 50 Plants Probably A Good Thing Actually!

• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro

DoobieBro

So the guys have decided that we are going to only flower half the plants at the location they have me working. The space we have is already set up. So they vegged these plants in Fox Farms. I have to use bagged soil that is easily available and I'm really frustrated but because of the way they now want it done I don't see how I can use bigger than 5-gallon pots and IMO it's still going to be much too crowded. Anyway if you had to use an easily available soil which would you use. I have read that Fox Farms isn't as good as it used to be (Not good at all now), It sounds like a lot of growers don't like Roots Organic either.

We do not have the time and frankly, for these plants I'm not willing to put in the effort to make my own - these plants currently so screwed up IMO it will be a miracle if I get much of a harvest anyway and it may be a miracle if they do not all turn into hermies.

What easily available preferably organic soil - I refuse to smoke anything that wasn't grown 100% organic and I would prefer to not grow anything that isn't 100% organic for someone else to smoke. These guys have also started these plants using General Hydroponics I really don't want to continue that but I may have to.

After this is all harvested I will do everything 100% organic from the beginning in the best soil I can or I won't do it at all.

madgrower

madgrower

So the guys have decided that we are going to only flower half the plants at the location they have me working. The space we have is already set up. So they vegged these plants in Fox Farms. I have to use bagged soil that is easily available and I'm really frustrated but because of the way they now want it done I don't see how I can use bigger than 5-gallon pots and IMO it's still going to be much too crowded. Anyway if you had to use an easily available soil which would you use. I have read that Fox Farms isn't as good as it used to be (Not good at all now), It sounds like a lot of growers don't like Roots Organic either.

We do not have the time and frankly, for these plants I'm not willing to put in the effort to make my own - these plants currently so screwed up IMO it will be a miracle if I get much of a harvest anyway and it may be a miracle if they do not all turn into hermies.

What easily available preferably organic soil - I refuse to smoke anything that wasn't grown 100% organic and I would prefer to not grow anything that isn't 100% organic for someone else to smoke. These guys have also started these plants using General Hydroponics I really don't want to continue that but I may have to.

After this is all harvested I will do everything 100% organic from the beginning in the best soil I can or I won't do it at all.
I use pro mix. Love it

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I remember you saying you had access to biobizz light mix. I just started using it a few months ago and really like it.

I hate to say it but unless they get their act together (and decide on a clear path & direction) this is going to fail miserably. It’s one thing to go cheap or be pressed for time but you can’t mix the two and expect anything good to happen. At some point something minor is going to go wrong and they are going to overcompensate for it and make it worse. Things can snowball in a hurry when the details are overlooked or neglected.

It sounds to me like they figured what the hell its just a weed and got in over their heads before putting in the time to learn the craft. It may seem easy but it’s really difficult to grow effectively on any scale without having done it on a smaller scale.

I’m not trying to deter you and I think you’ve got great intentions. It just seems like the ones calling the shots have handcuffed you and don’t know what they are doing. Hope I’m wrong though. Good luck either way.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

I remember you saying you had access to biobizz light mix. I just started using it a few months ago and really like it.

I hate to say it but unless they get their act together (and decide on a clear path & direction) this is going to fail miserably. It’s one thing to go cheap or be pressed for time but you can’t mix the two and expect anything good to happen. At some point something minor is going to go wrong and they are going to overcompensate for it and make it worse. Things can snowball in a hurry when the details are overlooked or neglected.

It sounds to me like they figured what the hell its just a weed and got in over their heads before putting in the time to learn the craft. It may seem easy but it’s really difficult to grow effectively on any scale without having done it on a smaller scale.

I’m not trying to deter you and I think you’ve got great intentions. It just seems like the ones calling the shots have handcuffed you and don’t know what they are doing. Hope I’m wrong though. Good luck either way.

That's exactly what I thought until this morning when I got more information that I didn't have and for good reason. Something major happened. Let's just say the thing that put them in this position was completely out of their control because they were seriously ripped off by someone that was very close to the business. Now I understand and I am no longer frustrated.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That's exactly what I thought until this morning when I got more information that I didn't have and for good reason. Something major happened. Let's just say the thing that put them in this position was completely out of their control because they were seriously ripped off by someone that was very close to the business. Now I understand and I am no longer frustrated.
I've been seeing a lot of this in Colorado lately. A lot of people with more money than brains trying to get rich quick in the cannabis industry. Most of these people think growing cannabis only involves throwing a seed in the ground and watering it every day. They get really frustrated when they realize it's not that easy, and the grower usually ends up suffering the consequences.

For a public service announcement - Dear new cannabis industry investors, your grower should *always* get paid in full, the amount agreed upon prior to the grow. Just because you didn't earn a profit, does NOT mean your grower doesn't get paid. It is the investor's responsibility to take the loss. That is the cost of doing business. Thank you.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Sure I get it. That sucks. But the fact of the matter is they are in over their head and unless they get some help to nail down a solid game plan this could end up costing them way more than what they’ve invested so far. If they got the coin to get a facility then they should have the funds to operate it correctly. Otherwise just sell it and cut your losses.

If it were me I’d section off a small area and start it the right way. Learn the ropes and then replicate it throughout the facility. You can always expand a working system. But you cannot cash in a dead crop.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

Sure I get it. That sucks. But the fact of the matter is they are in over their head and unless they get some help to nail down a solid game plan this could end up costing them way more than what they’ve invested so far. If they got the coin to get a facility then they should have the funds to operate it correctly. Otherwise just sell it and cut your losses.

If it were me I’d section off a small area and start it the right way. Learn the ropes and then replicate it throughout the facility. You can always expand a working system. But you cannot cash in a dead crop.

You just confirmed the direction we are going at this point.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Try royal gold organic soil. It’s good stuff. I’m running plants with that.
Promix BX is another option but you will need to amend it

F

FutureGrower

If you're growing in 5 gallon pots why dont you just go with a nute program? Or goto something like 25gallon pots on a dolley or rollees... organics is based off of living soil and the more soil generally the more production and healthier plants... I mean you'll veg longer but... organics...

Dbear180

Dbear180

I prefer sunshine mix #4. Its all I've used until my local shop thought his orders were full of bugs & he stopped ordering it. I'm using promix now but it dries out two days faster than the ss#4 with the same amount of liquid applied so it kinda screws up my once a week water schedule. I'm making it work for now since the plants are already in it but next time I'll make the extra 30 min drive to get my ss#4.... You figure if I have to water 12 times in 9 weeks instead of 9 times in 9 weeks that's 3 more times I'm watering... Almost 1/3 more nutes and time spent watering just because my soil dries out two days faster than the other. Half hour drive pays for itself, idk why I didn't do the math on this earlier lol.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

I've finally found a local place that makes super soil that you fill the pot only 1/3 with and then top off with an organic potting mix and then it's water only. I'm hoping I'll find something cheap locally that has good drainage but not with perlite because I'm aware about it floating to the top. I'd love to use much bigger pots however these plants are going to be crowded in a 300 sqft room I just don't know how its going to do anything in that small space. Sorry, I'm quite medicated at the moment I hope I'm not rambling or typing nonsense. I have no choice though.

Top Bottom