Fruity Pebbles Og / Med-man Bed Grow

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smegal

Smegal

But this does work. I've used the method myself as well as many others.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

right so you claim you made fruity pebble og and alien ripped em off?so there's alien selling your beans for $1000 a pack and people are still crying out for them from alien and here's poor you the original breeder struggling to get rid of 1 $60 pack a month?oh fuck its an unfair world ain't it med man?you should get one o your famous rap homies to pop a cap in his ass.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Shocking is a term used to discribe flipping to flower by light deprivation . 24 to 48 hours in darkness forces the plant to flower right away rather than in a week .
the guy pours freezing ice cubes into his roots for godsakes.and the science makes it true does it?please explain this science to us then?
to all reading this thread who don't know any better take everything you read on this thread with a pinch of salt.a huge pinch.like a two handed scoop type pinch.

Smegal

Smegal

I hate when jerks like those two get on my thread. I reported them.

Smegal

Smegal

Sorry med man that PISSED me off and thought I was still on my thread.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I can build a logic to the extended darkness at initiation, but i can't find any real science to back it and it's pretty rudimentary. If it was real, it would be known and they'd be shading crops in Afghanistan every season.

The ice thing is proven false to be beneficial imo just by existing science. Coloring a plant by causing a temperature related lockout would be damaging the plant and sacrificing quality for color, if it affected color at all. Lockout, ph, and root temperature are not a part of purpling. It is an air based reaction from the temperature of the air based on genetics. Point an ac at one plant during dark in a hot room and it will purple while the others don't, given the genetics don't purple at such a high temperature they all purple. I'm talking exact same plant. I have physically tested this and if you were icing enough to cause lockout, it fucks your plant and you'd know you goofed up.

Would you explain your take at all @Smegal? Not being judgmental personally, i'll listen to anything.

Smegal

Smegal

Well I'm not a scientist but I'll give it a try. I know there are two hormones that are in the plant that compete. One in the light that keeps it in veg nd one that increases after dark. If the dark period is long enough that hormone will over came the daylight hormone and the plant enters flowering. This battle can take upwards of a week to complete. But given the added help of extended darkness the flowering hormone will over come more easily and thus faster. As far as the ice thing , I think that's bs.

Smegal

Smegal

As for dropping temps in flower, I do that to bring out the colors. And it works. And if im looking to bring out the reds and pinks in the last 8 to 10 days of flowering I drop ph to around 5 or 5.5 to lock out any n-p-k left in the soil. Mind you I've already flushed and cut off nutes. And that works too. I believe that growing weed is and should be a never ending education. There is so much left to discover. Like why so many so called stable strains can be grown by so many and only vaugly resemble each other. And how can a Single plant treat or cure so much sickness.

Last edited:
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

As for dropping temps in flower, I do that to bring out the colors. And it works. And if im looking to bring out the reds and pinks in the last 8 to 10 days of flowering I drop ph to around 5 or 5.5 to lock out any n-p-k left in the soil. Mind you I've already flushed and cut off nutes. And that works too.
Yeah, i aim for 60 for my purpling but noticed almost every strain i had at the time purpled at 55 or just below. Most also flowered slower. I didn't notice a quality difference but i'm one guy and the others i share with are too casual to judge that kind of thing.

Yeah that's the logic i followed also for the initiation thing. I beleive it builds in far red light also and that that can affect their initiation but don't quote me on that. I haven't actually tested it but can i ask what kind of difference it's creating? I might test it but i killed my testing cut recently and don't have the same time. If you'd ever log a test that would be cool, but not asking or nothing.

Smegal

Smegal

I've done the darkness thing once when I was in a hurry to finish but never a side by side. But it did flower quickly. As for dropping temps, I drop mine as far as my airconditioner will take it which is about 55. And they do slow a bit from the cold. But the Afghan I grew last year turned a rich purple on the leaves and a dark shade of blue in the buds. The pH was neutral. I did another a while back with a ph at finish around 8.5 and got a nice blue from a blueberry kush. Now I'm at it again with a red strain and giving that a try. I do know that much of what we see in pics are just photography but I want to become e good at reaching for the colors

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I've done the darkness thing once when I was in a hurry to finish but never a side by side. But it did flower quickly. As for dropping temps, I drop mine as far as my airconditioner will take it which is about 55. And they do slow a bit from the cold. But the Afghan I grew last year turned a rich purple on the leaves and a dark shade of blue in the buds. The pH was neutral. I did another a while back with a ph at finish around 8.5 and got a nice blue from a blueberry kush. Now I'm at it again with a red strain and giving that a try. I do know that much of what we see in pics are just photography but I want to become e good at reaching for the colors
With you on that. I have become a winter lover due to my affinity for indoor gardens and color. I can purple 8ish months of the year here. I'd love to see any photos you have of nice colors. My photos are all mashed up right now but i can find some if you're interested. I'm not into photography too much so i hardly make the effort to correct the hps light influence. I also have a 1k hps in all my rooms currently because i got them cheap lol. I use cmh and hps if you're wondering. I should clarify by purpling, i mean coloring, not only purple colored plants.

Top Bottom