Ftwendy's tincture recipe - ever wanted to fill your own ecig cartridges?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SugeWhite

Thank u for the write up. I was wondering if I can do the same thing but instead using a mixer of oils that pens come with? I would like to try this with a cigar oil. My favorite way to use bho is roll a thin snake with it, place in side blunt wrap, sprinkle some keif on top then fill with Jane. So the idea would be to create blunt oil.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Not sure I follow you @SugeWhite... Are you asking how to combine an existing ecigarette juice containing nicotine and/or cigar flavoring with your bho? If so, I cannot speak with experience. Just a guess says yes, you should be able to heat the ecig juice the same way you can the PG, as described in the recipe.

Best way to show appreciation for the report: give your idea a try and report back with the results. Go for it man!

Shamus

Shamus

a homie sells ecig liquid online, we used oil and mixed it in on a hotplate via this recipe, didnt really work. im sure its possible tho. will be doing it w/o nicotine from now on

ftwendy

ftwendy

a homie sells ecig liquid online, we used oil and mixed it in on a hotplate via this recipe, didnt really work. im sure its possible tho. will be doing it w/o nicotine from now on

Use straight propylene glycol @Shamus ... must be food grade. Works like a charm.

Now that I think about it, most of the ecig juices have vegetable glycerine in them, and that requires whipping to get a consistent mixture.

Shamus

Shamus

i whipped it like devo. still didnt really fully dissolve.
i guess ill have to try again with pures pg n the 70/30 ecig mix. catridges o Pk goodness doesnt sound half bad

Natural

Natural

I think that's his latest and greatest concerning..albeit an expensive tool coming with caveats of it's own..may help someone interested in mass production. Although, I'm more a fan of solidifying my oils to the point I can easily vape them raw without the help of e-cigs and more for a device similar to atmos raw vape for on-the-go. Tried the whole PG/VG blends only to find out it harshed my throat and gave me a "smokers cough" sounding like dry hacks of a broken motor really.

ftwendy

ftwendy

I'm not a huge fan of vaping the tincture myself. Not much of a fan of any concentrate really.... just love those flowers.

If I know being discrete matters, then I like having a cartridge around. I have flown with these fyi. TSA didn't second glance them

ftwendy

ftwendy

I'm working on a home made version of a raw wax vaporizer... canthol wrapped around a stainless wick. I will post when it's done. Looks like a light saber lol... basically a modded clone ecig, really isn't as fancy as what it sounds like

The idea is similar to @caregiverken 's push buttton dabs.... just with bigger hits than what a gpen can provide, and without any risk of melting the nasty poly wicking material those pens (and most cartomizers) have in them.

Natural

Natural

Double likey!! I would love to try that..already employing your cloner invention! :) hahaha soo nice. Let us know how the kanthol works out!
The wick in those ecigs gets nasty quick..you're right on the money with that...probably what caused the cough.
On another note..I crossed my best wifi to a stardawg and calling it lightsaber..at least in my circles..no fear of getting sued by Lucas Industries..lol.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Some people are very sensitive to PG... I bet it was that @Natural . You would taste the poly melting. I have. It tasted like cancer... thus the stainless wick

ftwendy

ftwendy

I always get that wrong: its kanthal for anybody searching for the material we're talking about.

The tricky part is matching the voltage of the battery to the winds of kanthal around the wick. Also fooling with a few different types of wick. They all work, but there seems to be some trade off: 'fuel efficiency' and flavor. The best flavors come from the lower resistance/fewer turns of kanthal around a fine mesh screen, but WHOA does it fly through the wax. One alternative is using a stainless cable as the wick, but there is less flavor due to the much lower temperature. Lots of fiddling to be done.

I bet some greedy fucker out there is pissed I'm even mentioning this stuff in public. Lol.... that thought makes me smile from ear to ear :)

enjoy and share guys

Shamus

Shamus

so do you need a cartridge? can you use lets say a joytech evic and just fill the liquid compartment?
just got pure PG from a homie and im just trying to figure out what kind of pen will work and id prefer to just fill the glass compartment up and not have to use what you call cartridges.
is this possible?

ftwendy

ftwendy

so do you need a cartridge? can you use lets say a joytech evic and just fill the liquid compartment?
just got pure PG from a homie and im just trying to figure out what kind of pen will work and id prefer to just fill the glass compartment up and not have to use what you call cartridges.
is this possible?

Evic is a newer joyetech battery correct? I'm not familiar with one personally man. If its 510 threaded and has variable voltage you should be able to dial it in just fine once you match voltage to resistance of the heating element. Simple batteries and simple cartomizers were used when this thread was started... There have been many advancements in the engineering of both pieces of equipment since then. All of it will work, most better than what I originally described last year.

If you want to avoid the cheap cartomizers, go for a glass tank setup with a stainless or silica wick instead of poly. Flavor country.

Shamus

Shamus

Evic is a newer joyetech battery correct? I'm not familiar with one personally man. If its 510 threaded and has variable voltage you should be able to dial it in just fine once you match voltage to resistance of the heating element. Simple batteries and simple cartomizers were used when this thread was started... There have been many advancements in the engineering of both pieces of equipment since then. All of it will work, most better than what I originally described last year.

If you want to avoid the cheap cartomizers, go for a glass tank setup with a stainless or silica wick instead of poly. Flavor country.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=128

i do believe its a glass tank with a stainless wick and its 510 and something else, theres two diff threads or something on it idk. but it can do the 510 and another number i dont remember

but OK cool thats what ive been stressing. i dont know shit about any of this but i wanted to evic cause theres a display on the pen that you can change ohms n watts n shit so it seems the most user friendly

ill be making some wifebeater juice today o_O

Shamus

Shamus

made the juice, did about .3 grams of shatter
just came on to say its really weak and see how much higher i could mix it ratio wise
i now see its .7 ml PG not 7 ml.. lol
fuckin a. :bag:
well i have more wax so lets see how it goes..
will be back shortly

H

HeyMang

I had to register so I could ask this question.
Can you use shatter/bho and then add in the Vegetable Glycerin and or PG? It seems to me that if you heat the BHO up to 140-150 and then try to add in the Vegetable Glycerin its like trying to mix oil and water. And then as soon as the bho cools down it turns hard again. Must be doing something wrong...

One Flip

One Flip

With vg it does not mix well. Gray wolf used a homogenizer and was successful in his initial mix but it was too unstable for any prolonged shelf life.

Top Bottom