Full Extract Cannabis Oil Or Rick Simpson Oil

• Thread starter WPCollective
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WPCollective

WPCollective

I've read a lot about Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), I've heard a lot about it from different people, I even watched his documentary explaining it and showing how he made it.

I've also heard it called by a different name - Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO).

I friend of mine also differentiates the two depending on how you made it and what you put in it.

How I differentiate the two is RSO would be made with bud, sugar leaf, and water leaf. FECO contains bud, sugar leaf, water leaf, stems, and roots.

My process is taking 4 pint mason jars and filling it with product depending on if I'm making RSO or FECO. Then I fill it with %99 iso, I was using 190 proof Everclear but have since switched to the Swan brand %99 iso.

I seal it, date it, then leave it at the bottom of my closet for 3-4 weeks.

Then I filter it through two fine mesh strainers into a pyrex cup. Then I filter it 5 times using unbleached coffee filters.

Now depending on what I'm using it for, I get rid of the alcohol in different ways. I have silicone trays and a digital heat pad where I can dial in the heat. If I am making it to vaporize, I set the pad to 115 and pour in the alcohol/hash oil mix. I have a fan (that I took the cover off and cleaned the blade with alcohol), turn it to low and blow over the silicone container and once it evaporates down, I just add more until I have my fill of oil.

Next I put it in my vacuum chamber then vacuum it at 29hg for 48 hours, flipping it every 12. I get a really dark glass that vaporizes perfectly with little after burn. It tastes like chlorophyll (which tastes horrible btw) but it's a really nice high that keeps my back from hurting for 3-4 hours.

For the record - I don't make this unless it is requested from another patient. It's a way to get a lot of hash oil that can be consumed by vaporizing for very cheap.

What I typically do with it is make capsules. They are size 00 gelatin capsules, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with. What I do is put my crock pot on low with a fan blowing over it and evap all the alcohol until I get the dark green (looks black) oil with no bubbles. Then I add vegetable glycerin (VG) to it to infuse so I can capsule it easier and it also serves the purpose of giving me infused VG that I can use for other stuff like homemade gummy bears or VG/PG e-liquid.

Once it has infused with the VG for at least 12 hours, I filter it again through an unbleached coffee filter and mesh strainer. I then put it in capsules, put it in salves, lotions, balms, e-liquid, and some edibles.

I have also been playing with different oils to find the best oil to infuse cannabis with for cooking and capsules. I'll make another thread just for my capsules because there are literally so many varieties.

I have noticed with the FECO capsules (the concentrate that includes roots and stems), I can take one and my sciatica won't bother me for a full 6 hours or longer, especially if I take 2 capsules. If I take two capsules, I get a bit of a head high too but it only last for about 30 minutes after the initial onset. The capsules take 10-30 minutes to onset, peak at about an hour, then give me relief for 4-6 hours.

The RSO capsules (only bud, sugar leaf, and water leaf), I have to take 2-3 initially, I don't typically get the head high, it still peaks in an hour and last 3-4 hours.

Has anyone else tried different methods?

The final capsules I make, which I just call CBD capsules is bud, water leaf, sugar leaf infused in oil (typically canola or olive oil) on the "warm setting" of the crock pot for 48 hours. I then strain it with cheese cloth (until I build an essential oil press) and filter it with the mesh strainer and coffee filters just like my RSO and FECO.

Those capsules, I take 2-4 initially. 10-20 min onset. I typically do get the head high and they last me 3-4 hours. They are always golden with a hint of green. I did use coconut oil but with it solidifying at room temperature, patients and myself didn't like that about them. That's why I'm experimenting with other oils.

Anyways, just looking for feedback on my tech and some pointers or info from you guys and what you are processing at home.

Last edited:
WPCollective

WPCollective

Here are some pictures of my VG infused RSO. I have some FECO in the works right now, it'll be in the dark for a few more weeks. I'll update with pictures and the process once it's time. I've never been good at documenting my processes with pictures.

RSO vgblend
RSO vgblendclose
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have seen a pretty sick setup in southern Oregon.
I believe it was heated in grain alcohol with a bowl on top with ice.
This was FECO extraction that would be passed around free to patients in need.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

The plant material was heated in grain alcohol in a stainless pot.
Then a stainless bowl was filled with ice to cover the pot making a seal.
I have no idea why they did this. But the FECO was strong.

mancdank

mancdank

Here are some pictures of my VG infused RSO. I have some FECO in the works right now, it'll be in the dark for a few more weeks. I'll update with pictures and the process once it's time. I've never been good at documenting my processes with pictures.
Looks a little too green to me that bro but I might be wrong :)

M

Mrbinx69

Yeah I find when it's to green it either isn't Decarbed fully or just to diluted !! Remember it's only black because it's layers and layers of green on top of each other !!

F

funkfreely

The plant material was heated in grain alcohol in a stainless pot.
Then a stainless bowl was filled with ice to cover the pot making a seal.
I have no idea why they did this. But the FECO was strong.
I would bet the cold lid acts like a condenser and speeds up the reflux time.

Piero

Piero

Piero

Piero

Use only flower, It Should have a red amber hue.. This one is mixed with coconut oil right on the capsule.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Mine only sits in the iso for about 5 minutes and the people say its very effective stuff.

Screenshot 2016 06 27 05 57 09
Screenshot 2016 06 27 05 55 51
Screenshot 2016 06 27 05 55 39
Screenshot 2016 06 27 05 55 03
Screenshot 2016 06 27 05 54 37
Top Bottom