Full Spectrum Led' S Or Cob's

• Thread starter Stroker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stroker

Hello everyone I'm new to this community and growing so I'll try to keep this simple. I've been reading for days lol trying to figure this out but it's not working. I am currently in the 3rd week of flower on my 2nd grow, White Widow XTRM Auto. My current setup consists of a 4x4 Apollo tent and a 600w Stansen (255w actual draw) full spectrum led. That being said here is my question/s. Which one will produce a higher yield? I have some good genetics, I just don't have enough light. I want an all around good light that I can use for both veg/flower bc space is at a minimum. So before I spend anymore money blind I'm hoping for some guidance. Would I be better off to purchase a light already made or would I be better off building my own? I have an industrial maintenance background so the build is no problem I just need help in what would be best for my setup, partslist, sources etc. All of your time and help is greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance.

Homesteader

Homesteader

COBs are typically full spectrum which is why they look white. I have never heard of a single color COB. Individual diodes are the way to go if you can afford it IMO but COBs are a safe bet.

I think your best bet for a small grow if you are going with COB is with Cree CXB3590s in 3500k or 3000k with meanwell drivers. Going further though, not al CXB-3590s will be the same. The high end CD bins ($$$) means more output.

Last edited:
S

Stroker

COBs are typically full spectrum which is why they look white. I have never heard of a single color COB. Individual diodes are the way to go if you can afford it IMO but COBs are a safe bet.

I think your best bet for a small grow if you are going with COB is with Cree CXB3590s in 3500k or 3000k with meanwell drivers. Going further though, not al CXB-3590s will be the same. The high end CD bins ($$$) means more output.
Thank you how do you know what bin your getting?

Jamescoleman

Jamescoleman

Myself I'm using what I consider standard full spectrum led lights I've got a 2x4 room and also on a second round wwxbb my lights are 1300w and also in 3rd week of flowering. I've included a couple of pics I just took so you can compare them to yours
P 20171204 103418
P 20171204 103547 HDR

S

Stroker

Thanks Brazel I'm still new but from what I've seen I'd be better off building, than buying, from a financial and quality standpoint. I stated before I have a full spectrum led but it's small so ik I can't expect a whole lot from it. I think Homsteader misunderstood my ? I was talking about the best color temp for both flower and veg. I was thinking of 12- 36v cobs setup with 8-3000k and 4-3500k. What do you guys think.

brazel

brazel

Thanks Brazel I'm still new but from what I've seen I'd be better off building, than buying, from a financial and quality standpoint. I stated before I have a full spectrum led but it's small so ik I can't expect a whole lot from it. I think Homsteader misunderstood my ? I was talking about the best color temp for both flower and veg. I was thinking of 12- 36v cobs setup with 8-3000k and 4-3500k. What do you guys think.
Yea I'd switch the 3500 for 4000 and do six six instead of 8 4.

Of course building is better

brazel

brazel

What I was saying the red light is obviously not full spectrum

S

Stroker

What I was saying the red light is obviously not full spectrum
I was talking about Homsteader answer to my original question......cobs only cone in one color instead I was asking about color temp

Homesteader

Homesteader

Sorry I misunderstood the ?. 3000k and 3500k woud be best. Maybe add a few 2700k and 4000k to gain a bit more red and blue but I wouldn't think it is needed if you go in between.

Jamescoleman

Jamescoleman

Bro, that is not full spectrum nor is it 1300w.
yes it is full spectrum don't comment on what you don't know. You see a pic of part of my plants and think you know what I have ?

sixstring

sixstring

The sun is full spectrum.if you put your hand out on a sunny day does it look pink like a tittybar disco or is that light white?
Don't answer that.the picture posted of a plant under what looks like a pink based Mars led panel is not full spectrum.if it was they would do us all a favor and post sphere results as well as part,ppfd and spectral charts.but they don't,they can't even tell us what the true wattage is half the time.smoke n mirrors haha.
Cmh lamps and top quality cobs like cree Vero citizen luminous are full spectrum lights.the rest are very targeted spectrum grow lights.
To the op,if you want a full cycle light just use all 3500k cobs,it's that simple.just like using a 3100k or 4000k cmh lamp would also be awesome for full cycle growing.

Top Bottom