Full Spectrum Led' S Or Cob's

• Thread starter Stroker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

30 plus years and your posting a pic of wwxbb under pink LEDs ,I'm not buying it lol.
Don't be offended that someone is trying to explain lighting and spectrums to you.i have also used the same shitty led to grow and yes they can grow,but there are much better options these days.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Pink color does not represent lack of quality. IMO pink color is the correct color for cannabis. I do think many LED companies state wattage in hopes nobody goes and gets a $10 Kill-A-Watt meter however.

MW7945

MW7945

Pink color does not represent lack of quality. IMO pink color is the correct color for cannabis. I do think many LED companies state wattage in hopes nobody goes and gets a $10 Kill-A-Watt meter however.

Pink just means it's all red and blue. Lacks pretty much everything in between. Sure it can get the job done. But it's not ideal.

There's certainly blurple lights that are great, but there's certainly A LOT of blurple lights that aren't great.

To the op,if you want a full cycle light just use all 3500k cobs,it's that simple.just like using a 3100k or 4000k cmh lamp would also be awesome for full cycle growing.

^ this. I've been using 3500K from start to finish and my plants are doing great.

MW7945

MW7945

So six I looked at he links you provided...thank you. Do you or anyone else know anything about the new x lights from Cree or the 7th gen Vero29s? I'm thinking about building a 4x4 but I can't decide which one is superior based on reviews.

The CXB3590's are slightly superior to the Vero's, but the vero's are quite a bit cheaper.

brazel

brazel

Well since I've only been in this for 30+ years I'll leave this site to y'all
You can learn throughout your whole life, if you think about... doing something for thirty years and then finding out it's different than what you believed, you should be grateful! Imagine never finding out!?
We are here to help each other, when I give what I thought was good info to find out I was wrong.. well I'm stoked cause that's me learning! Cheers man

brazel

brazel

Pink color? Not to be rude, but goggle light spectrum and plants in the .edu field. Shitty led companies list watts as what they believe their light to be comparable to, to take advantage of people who don't understand aspects of lighting. Nothing against those people, we were all there but it's complete fraud by the companies.
Cheers

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I finally got my horticulture 135w led

Still setting it up but will throw it into my 4x3 w a 4/600 hps

Plan to put it in my area behind the hood where it's just mild now

brazel

brazel

So six I looked at he links you provided...thank you. Do you or anyone else know anything about the new x lights from Cree or the 7th gen Vero29s? I'm thinking about building a 4x4 but I can't decide which one is superior based on reviews.
If you have deep pockets get the Cree top bin, if you are cautious about value verse price ratio get citizen.
Being knowledgeable with the light game plays a big factor as well. I own all three, unless something changes any additional purchases I make will be citizen. You just can't beat atm. People act like Cree will give pounds more and they're more efficient and they sing lullabies to you when you enter the room.
Brought to you by thoughts

brazel

brazel

I finally got my horticulture 135w led

Still setting it up but will throw it into my 4x3 w a 4/600 hps

Plan to put it in my area behind the hood where it's just mild now
Nothing wrong with that but I hope you have air cooled HPS. I'd place it between the four HPS.

brazel

brazel

this
this
this http://timbergrowlights.com/redwood-vs-4x4/
or this
all will spank it in a 4 x 4 and all are dimmable so you can turn down the power during veg.
First off I'd like to say high five on your knowledge

Question... would you rather rock the redwood you posted...600w vero 6 cobs
Or two of the citizen 300w diy 6 cobs.

I'd go for the 12 citizens but I'm always interested in solid opinions from other people.
Thanks for your time
Cheers

sixstring

sixstring

First off I'd like to say high five on your knowledge

Question... would you rather rock the redwood you posted...600w vero 6 cobs
Or two of the citizen 300w diy 6 cobs.

I'd go for the 12 citizens but I'm always interested in solid opinions from other people.
Thanks for your time
Cheers
The 12 shitizens would have way better coverage and the quality difference in chips is like splitting hairs.so if the money isn't an issue get the 2 Citi fixtures

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Nothing wrong with that but I hope you have air cooled HPS. I'd place it between the four HPS.

Yea, vented hood. I got a nice fan too.

Even at 1k, it ain't bad. I have two fans over canopy. Happy girls

Op,

A horticulture lighting 320 will do quite a bit. I look forward to the lil 135

brazel

brazel

The 12 shitizens would have way better coverage and the quality difference in chips is like splitting hairs.so if the money isn't an issue get the 2 Citi fixtures
Word, and true that! Man 12 shitizen! In a four by four would kill it veg and flower!
But I'd turn them down for veg.

I'm torn between a mix of 3000k and 3500k but leaning towards all 3500k cause I get great results from 4k..

Your thoughts?

And I totally agree with the redwood post, it's built solid, plug and play and has that Vero hype!

In case anyone else is reading this and lost... the citizen are diy, so you gotta do some work but its not difficult.

The redwood is ready to go, and kicks ass so if you wanna buy something that's ready to go redwood would be your light

Homesteader

Homesteader

Thanks @brazel for your insight but with all due respect, you don't seem to understand what you are talking about in regards to spectrum. Pink color is very effective for cannabis and is white light + 660nm + 730nm.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Pink just means it's all red and blue. Lacks pretty much everything in between. Sure it can get the job done. But it's not ideal.

There's certainly blurple lights that are great, but there's certainly A LOT of blurple lights that aren't great.

Pink means it is white and red and lacks nothing IMO but regardless even a light recipe of blurple doesn't tell you much in regards to quality and how many lumen it produces. 90%+ of equipment out there sold as blurple is shit but thats not because the recipe.

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

Thanks @brazel for your insight but with all due respect, you don't seem to understand what you are talking about in regards to spectrum. Pink color is very effective for cannabis and is white light + 660nm + 730nm.
first show me where 660 and 730 help any growth look better or make more thc. i use 660 and uv in one spot and see zero difference in those plants.then i would like to know exactly how much 660 is enough because it appears from these charts it is present in most cob colors(full spectrum) so im not buyin the hype on 660 730 440.
Cob spectrums vs hps

take a look at that 3000k chart and imagine how the 3500k cree would look.pretty dang full imo

Homesteader

Homesteader

first show me where 660 and 730 help any growth look better or make more thc. i use 660 and uv in one spot and see zero difference in those plants.then i would like to know exactly how much 660 is enough because it appears from these charts it is present in most cob colors(full spectrum) so im not buyin the hype on 660 730 440.
Ones hype is another's science. I don't use UV and wouldn't recommend doing so just to be clear, I never saw a difference either other than a few degrees in leaf temp once my diodes burned out. The phytochrome system is not hype though, nor is the action spectrum nor the absorption spectrum but they weren't graphing cannabis. We need more science and less hype. But this is the cannabis industry.
IMO light color is not going to change the genetics within reason or the production of THC anymore than the plant renders possible, that is hype. It isn't about that IMO, it is about use the least amount of energy to grow high quality cannabis and eliminating redundancy and speeding up flower time......

Last edited:
hillbil

hillbil

It might be interesting to check threads concerning the newer 90cri COBs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom