Full Spectrum Led' S Or Cob's

• Thread starter Stroker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
first show me where 660 and 730 help any growth look better or make more thc. i use 660 and uv in one spot and see zero difference in those plants.then i would like to know exactly how much 660 is enough because it appears from these charts it is present in most cob colors(full spectrum) so im not buyin the hype on 660 730 440.
View attachment 763031

take a look at that 3000k chart and imagine how the 3500k cree would look.pretty dang full imo
So true. Nice to have you share your knowledge.

sixstring

sixstring

Ones hype is another's science. I don't use UV and wouldn't recommend doing so just to be clear, I never saw a difference either other than a few degrees in leaf temp once my diodes burned out. The phytochrome system is not hype though, nor is the action spectrum nor the absorption spectrum but they weren't graphing cannabis. We need more science and less hype. But this is the cannabis industry.
IMO light color is not going to change the genetics within reason or the production of THC anymore than the plant renders possible, that is hype. It isn't about that IMO, it is about use the least amount of energy to grow high quality cannabis and eliminating redundancy and speeding up flower time......
redundancy would be adding 660nm to a tent full of cobs that already have enough 660nm lol.we need more science guys to post pics of the grow so we all can see the results of the new tech,not just a bunch of hot air or paper theories based on some article a science guy wrote about lettuce.where pot plants are different is what we are really after and its not really a bunch of shiney green leaf matter.theres a point wherew we give weed too much of a certain spectrum and you get a higher leaf to calax ratio which is totally ass backwards.outdoor weed vs indoor weed,usually indoor weed cost much more on the open market because its just better smelling,looking,less larfy.i really do believe part of that is because we take away alot of the suns spectrums by using just hps,we give it mostly red.and it grows awesome this way,has for decades.so color will change genetics.take 2 cuts from the same plant and flower 1 under 6500k cfl and 1 under 2700k cfl and post up the pics here.im willing to bet money one looks better and weighs more after the trim,unless you just leave the green larf on the plant grown under 6500k. so yeah 65k to 27k is a big gap.but i can see in my own room the 2700k cree produces a better flower than 3500k even though im losing a bit in lumen per watt.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Considering you all chased the OP off by harping on him about his light and knowledge shows full well how people are treated around here who offer something different than group think ie. anything but COBs. There are plenty of grows using Heliospectra lights on cannabis that are well documented to show early harvest using the Emerson effect and higher terepene by manipulating and targeted blue spectrum at controlled times prior to harvest.

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

i shoulda made it shorter and easier.post up some pics of your own to prove your point.theres already tons of blathering text in this thread alone that proves zero evidence that pink light is better

Homesteader

Homesteader

Proof-that-dogs-are-better-than-babies.png

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Considering you all chased the OP off by harping on him about his light and knowledge shows full well how people are treated around here who offer something different than group think ie. anything but COBs. There are plenty of grows using Heliospectra lights on cannabis that are well documented to show early harvest using the Emerson effect and higher terepene by manipulating and targeted blue spectrum at controlled times prior to harvest.
Where did anyone run off the original poster @Stroker ??? He is purchasing a DIY cob set up... and dont recall anyone harping to him about his light....

Homesteader

Homesteader

Where did anyone run off the original poster @Stroker ??? He is purchasing a DIY cob set up... and dont recall anyone harping to him about his light....
You're correct, it wasn't the OP but the point is the same.

S

Stroker

No I've been laughing to myself over people....grown ass people getting their feelings hurt like were still in middleschool. Anyway back to "MY" question which cobs are better. I'm open to all brands all ideas. I came here thinking that more people would = more valuable knowledge than I have. I'm not schooled in light types or temps. I'm new to this as I previously stated. I'm trying to learn without costly experiments to teach me. What I'm looking for is a good flower/veg light using whatever brand of cob is the most cost effective and also a top quality product. I don't have deep pockets I work for a living but I'm ok spending money do what ik will work. I've been looking at the 7 gen Vero's and the new x light by cree. Where can I find an equal citizen diy kit like rapid led has with the Vero's. TIA, Stroker

brazel

brazel

[
No I've been laughing to myself over people....grown ass people getting their feelings hurt like were still in middleschool. Anyway back to "MY" question which cobs are better. I'm open to all brands all ideas. I came here thinking that more people would = more valuable knowledge than I have. I'm not schooled in light types or temps. I'm new to this as I previously stated. I'm trying to learn without costly experiments to teach me. What I'm looking for is a good flower/veg light using whatever brand of cob is the most cost effective and also a top quality product. I don't have deep pockets I work for a living but I'm ok spending money do what ik will work. I've been looking at the 7 gen Vero's and the new x light by cree. Where can I find an equal citizen diy kit like rapid led has with the Vero's. TIA, Stroker
I don't know any about the x Cree, my Cree are from 3 years ago, my Vero 2 years ago, my citizen 1 year ago and another set like 6 months ago. I built my cree and at that time I was all about top bin and efficacy. Now I don't care too much. I'm not saying that don't matter, I'm just saying I'm happy with my citizen.
As the years go by I'm sure throw down for the new new.

I got my citizen kits from timber

S

Stroker

Thank you for your help. I looked on timber the 300w citizen wout frame is $429.00. I can get the 600w Vero 29 gen 7 w frame for $749 that being said that seems to be the case everywhere I look so I'll prob go with the Vero's or the Cree x. Now the next question is how hard to drive them to get the most efficiency and light I'm willing to compromise both

brazel

brazel

So do you think it's better to not correct people and belong to a site where you don't learn and you just go by guesses, thoughts and assumptions?
Not trying to beat a dead horse but when I left one site to go to LOS.org, I instantly found out my badass collection of LEDs was shit by multiple people there quick they just told me how it was! Man I had been buying a light every weeks, I was seriously so stoked but when they told me I asked questions... You know cause I'm here to learn and share
Well anyway because of what they did, I started reading real info on leds and threads from supra, grow mouse and some others I can't think of.
Now I'm not a genius but I have a solid understanding about them.
If they never did I'd still be running around with my inadequate LEDs.
My best flowers came from cob, and I've also bought an apache tech red white and a small black dog, those are both single led diodes. The apache tech was the best out of like 8 shitty LED and the black dog.
Even if the apache was better, I couldn't stand working in the disco. That was my most expensive light ever now my biddy uses it and treo of my old green mars I think it was called 144x3
Anyway cheers

S

Stroker

So do you think it's better to not correct people and belong to a site where you don't learn and you just go by guesses, thoughts and assumptions?
Not trying to beat a dead horse but when I left one site to go to LOS.org, I instantly found out my badass collection of LEDs was shit by multiple people there quick they just told me how it was! Man I had been buying a light every weeks, I was seriously so stoked but when they told me I asked questions... You know cause I'm here to learn and share
Well anyway because of what they did, I started reading real info on leds and threads from supra, grow mouse and some others I can't think of.
My best flowers came from cob, and I've also bought an apache tech red white and a small black dog, those are both single led diodes. The apache tech was the best out of like 8 shitty LED and the black dog.
Even if the apache was better, I couldn't stand working in the disco. That was my most expensive light ever now my biddy uses it and treo of my old green mars I think it was called 144x3
Anyway cheers
I agree 100% I've been watching Maus too and I've pretty much have the understanding of how it all works except how to understand drivers. I've watched grow mau5's videos on how too, I need to watch it a couple more times. I too bought a cheap " full spectrum" led at first that was a 600w-250w actually that did ok for my first grow. No that's a lie I was totally displeased that's why I'm asking questions to learn, or read bickering among adults lol. I'm all ears well eyes for all the help and understanding I can get, so please guys if you can help with a cheaper source or grow info please let me know. I'll be the fist to say I'm not a genius to this I'm only learning.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I completely agree and don't fault you for not understanding that color is not an indication of quality when it comes to pink light considering how much group think is involved with the cannabis forums. Here is a quick question. Why is it that Cree doesn't recommend COBs for horticulture?

Cree XP-G3 in 3500k with 190 lm/w or COBs with what???? 120 lm/w? COBs are easy, cheap for DIY and they work. nothing more. They are not the highest standard nor where the industry is going in the future.

Blackdog sells garbage and passes it off as quality. They used Epistars and said they were top of the line. Cree licensed that tech to them years ago and moved on. They are lug diodes which are definitely not top of the line.

http://www.cree.com/led-components/applications/horticulture

They must not know about COBs though.

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

Thank you for your help. I looked on timber the 300w citizen wout frame is $429.00. I can get the 600w Vero 29 gen 7 w frame for $749 that being said that seems to be the case everywhere I look so I'll prob go with the Vero's or the Cree x. Now the next question is how hard to drive them to get the most efficiency and light I'm willing to compromise both
Ok so I thought those were new ones coming out, but if those are them at timber then i know those but I don't keep up-to-date one them anymore.
I ran mine just under 50w
http://ledgardener.com/compare-different-cob-leds/

@sixstring would have up-to-date info

brazel

brazel

I completely agree and don't fault you for not understanding that color is not an indication of quality when it comes to pink light considering how much group think is involved with the cannabis forums. Here is a quick question. Why is it that Cree doesn't recommend COBs for horticulture?

Cree XP-G3 in 3500k with 190 lm/w or COBs with what???? 120 lm/w? COBs are easy, cheap for DIY and they work. nothing more. They are not the highest standard nor where the industry is going in the future.

Blackdog sells garbage and passes it off as quality. They used Epistars and said they were top of the line. Cree licensed that tech to them years ago and moved on. They are lug diodes which are definitely not top of the line.

Yeah I agree the black dog was like my mars. Have seen the prices on them now!!!!

I didn't realize Cree didn't recommended but that wouldn't stop me, I've bought lots of stuff where what I used them for voided the warranty.

I'm only going by my experience
There's others I can't comment on like the spider which I heard was dope.

For me I'm happy with what I got but

I wouldn't be against trying full spectrum single diodes.

I'm just never buying multi colored again.
And like you said the cob are so easy to build. Man my apache was a freaking tank!

Do you have a link of a proper white single diode light built?

I just know I'd never build one, shit I still have the last kit I bought months ago sitting in the box ha
20171210 105123

S

Stroker

Anyway cheers
I agree 100% I've been watching Maus too and I've pretty much have the understanding of how it all works except how to understand drivers. I've watched grow mau5's videos on how too, I need to watch it a couple more times. I too bought a cheap " full spectrum" led at first that was a 600w-250w actually that did ok for my first grow. No that's a lie I was totally displeased that's why I'm asking questions to learn, or read bickering among adults lol. I'm all ears well eyes for all the help and understanding I can get, so please guys if you can help with a cheaper source or grow info please let me know. I'll be the fist to say I'm not a genius to this I'm only learning.
I completely agree and don't fault you for not understanding that color is not an indication of quality when it comes to pink light. Here is a quick question. Why is it that Cree doesn't recommend COBs for horticulture?

Cree XP-G3 in 3500k with 190 lm/w or COBs with what???? 120 lm/w?

Blackdog sells garbage and passes it off as quality. They used Epistars and said they were top of the line. Cree licensed that tech to them years ago. They are lug diodes which are definitely not top of the line.

I totally understand the full spectrum lighting piece. The light I have is truely full spectrum led a knockoff built by Kush Lighting. Its just not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to build one that will crush my 4x4 grow veg/bloom but not overkill it, but at the same time be good quality components and be reliable enough to pay for itself and make me some cash too. A hobby that pays if you will. I also work a full time jobs I have a family to support. Thats why im trying to learn all i can before I start ordering parts, and I want to learn and understand too not just a pre-made kit. My plan eventually when I do get this light built is to use the 255w Full spectrum light I have to veg in a 2x4 space I have. Thank you for your help brazel

So where do you think the industry is goin? If I may ask

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah the Vero are a very good value cost vs efficiency.those gen7 cobs are nice.

brazel

brazel

I just remembered I had a Hans panel, it kicked ass! I used for a micro grow when I was out of town for six months...i don't remember what I did with it, it might be in garage shit that's gonna drive me crazy!

My buddy had a bud God or something like that. He kept it as close to the ceiling as he could, the whole grow! I know a lot of people do that but I have yet to.
His herb was good but I didn't spend that much time over there or with it so I can't recommend it.

I now remember when I was using the Han's my plan was to buy four of them but when I got back in town he was transitioning over to new models and he didn't have any and my patience wasn't that good I wish it was now

Homesteader

Homesteader

So where do you think the industry is goin? If I may ask

Pink using descrete diodes and getting away from COBs. High efficacy White + 660nm and 730nm

Fairly sure they see it too. 1:42:00

brazel

brazel

I completely agree and don't fault you for not understanding that color is not an indication of quality when it comes to pink light considering how much group think is involved with the cannabis forums.

I said its not full spectrum, and that's a fact.
You could say full spectrum with added red.
I also said it wasn't 1300w.

I know you can get quality lights, the biggest purchase I ever made on my credit card was a lil under 2600 for my apache tank.

I even threw a couple of my old multi color ones up to try side lighting and I couldn't take the color man. Pulled the plant out and hit the switch.... still haven't changed that tent up yet ha

20171210 112428
20171210 112434
I guess I move slow, probably why I love no till

Top Bottom