Full Spectrum Led' S Or Cob's

• Thread starter Stroker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

I completely agree and don't fault you for not understanding that color is not an indication of quality when it comes to pink light considering how much group think is involved with the cannabis forums. Here is a quick question. Why is it that Cree doesn't recommend COBs for horticulture?

Cree XP-G3 in 3500k with 190 lm/w or COBs with what???? 120 lm/w? COBs are easy, cheap for DIY and they work. nothing more. They are not the highest standard nor where the industry is going in the future.

Blackdog sells garbage and passes it off as quality. They used Epistars and said they were top of the line. Cree licensed that tech to them years ago and moved on. They are lug diodes which are definitely not top of the line.

http://www.cree.com/led-components/applications/horticulture

They must not know about COBs though.

Did cree
So where do you think the industry is goin? If I may ask

Pink using descrete diodes and getting away from COBs. High efficacy White + 660nm and 730nm

Fairly sure they see it too. 1:42:00

So growmau5 had a chilled panel in his room next to all cob setups.do you remember where he says he will pull down all his cons and switch to all pink led?
Now I'm talking back before he worked for the company because now he has a vested interest in pink based fixtures.
Do you actually grow pot or just regurgitate what others post or say? I'm being as nice as I can now because this whole mod thing has really taken the fun out of me being able to "dress down" another member when they are giving bad info lol.im not supposed to be running off members now even if they are posting bad info or are just generally thin skinned or snowflakes.
Can you post a link where it talks about cree being into growing or even eye hortilux where eye specifically talks about cannabis? Up until about a year ago eye would have absolutely nothing to do with the cannabis industry.
What I'm saying is please post pictures of your grow where you did or are doing a side by side with white cobs vs pink/red based led .that way you can show us directly how the pink color has improved your pot plants.just because something works good for leafy greens or other plants does not mean it will translate to being better for marijuana.those chilled panels are still fairly new tech,and if I see where everyone says it's better I will have no problem buying some and testing it myself,it's not about the money with me, I've dumped plenty of that into de lamps and cobs.i wanna see bud structure and potency tests that tell me it's better.not some guy on here who may or may not even have a grow.dont take it so personal I don't believe everything you post as gospel,I'm just that guy that needs visual proof.like growmau5 and gg do when they talk specifics

The Dawg

The Dawg

Is full spectrum a marketing term? Or does it just mean white?
Thats Just Like Asking Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road????? Duh To Pick Up The Roach On The Other Side Psst. Yes Its A Marketing Term Just Like The Proclamation Of A Certain Numbers Of Bands Of Wavelengths A Light Poses. Every Spectrum Out Their Is A Full Spectrum Of Light That Said fixture Produces. I.E. The 4000k 90 Cri Is A Full Spectrum Of Light :party1:

Homesteader

Homesteader

@sixstring
Why would I do anything you asked me to? You have never been anything but be rude to me, and never once have I dealt the same to you. If I have posted anything inaccurate point me to it, or you can just insult me and take everything personal and hide behind your popularity points.

I posted the Cree website that shows the recommend lamps for horticulture.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Every Spectrum Out Their Is A Full Spectrum Of Light
Unless we are talking about discrete diodes in a single color has a flux of 20nm+/-. ie. Photo reds in 660nms will range from 650nm to 670nm on average.

The spectrum of the sun changes depending where on earth you are and what time of day/season. I guess thats what I was getting at.

sixstring

sixstring

Lol @Homesteader you asked enough questions about the cree reference design here and at riu but did you ever build one and grow any pot under one?
Quit being a pussy and post up your grow

Homesteader

Homesteader

If and when, it will be on my time, not when some rude self serving staffer tells me to.

Last edited:
The Dawg

The Dawg

The spectrum of the sun changes depending where on earth you are and what time of day/season. I guess thats what I was getting at.

Yes It Does As A Matter Of Fact The Sun's Spectrum Changes Minute To Minute. My Question Is Why Your Not Growing Outside Under The Greatest Light Source. However When We Attempt To Grow Indoors(Completely Different Animal) Why Do Some Growers Try To Mimic The Outdoor Source When Without The Help Of Some Kind Of Sky Light Is Next To Impossible. When In Fact Growing Indoors Is Not Normal So We As Growers Adapt Using Whatever Light Source Suits Our Fancy :party1:

What Brother 6er Is Saying Is Shit Or Get Off The Pot And Quit Being A Keyboard Jockey. Theirs No Right Or Wrong Way To Growing Indoors With Leds. Just Different Interpretations :smoking:

Homesteader

Homesteader

@The Dawg I have posted a lot of quality information on this site with zero fanfare but I most def will take as long as I want to shit thank you. I don't owe @sixstring a thing.

Last edited:
The Dawg

The Dawg

@The Dawg I have posted a lot of quality information on this site with zero fanfare but I most def will take as long as I want to shit thank you. I don't owe @sixstring a thing.

Carry On My Brother And Dont Forget The Toilet Paper And Mad Magazine Cause You Know You Could Always Fuck Her For Laughs :party1:

Homesteader

Homesteader

@sixstring Love what you've done to the place. Way to help turn this site into RIU, all the personal attacks minus the traffic.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Proving me a fake? you sure did.........(walks away in defeat and humility)

Such a talent you are, no wonder they decided to give you the reins here. You weren't worth the time to go back and quote.. This place was a lot cooler when @Seamaiden was helping.

Top Bottom