Fungus Gnats In Flood And Drain

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Hey i was wondering if anyone has any advice on getting rid of fungus gnats. so far I’ve only seen 5 adult ones (killed 4) it seems like all products are made/directed for use in soil. All i could find that seems like it could be used in hydro is yellow sticky traps and crushed mosquito dunks tied in a panty hose. all the other treatments i found don’t clarify how the stuff is used and i don’t see how foliar feeding can kill larvae in the medium/hydroton. My tent is in my closet so i really don’t want to go too crazy with the chemical pesticides. these are mother plants btw and i lowered the flood level and have a fan blowing over the tops of the pots and the rapid rooter is dry now. should i wait and see if taking their environment away worked and just use yellow stickies or should i get straight to aggressive action on it? thanks for any help

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I didn't find relief with Gnatrol or Mosquito Dunks, but did by bleaching all my drains monthly and using Spinosad as a soil drench. That's what did the trick.

I feel keeping sticky traps up is kind of a must so that you'll see if there's a problem growing more quickly.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I didn't find relief with Gnatrol or Mosquito Dunks, but did by bleaching all my drains monthly and using Spinosad as a soil drench. That's what did the trick.

I feel keeping sticky traps up is kind of a must so that you'll see if there's a problem growing more quickly.
yeah i been reading about gnatrol and dunks and it seems both works for 1 out if 2 people but thats the thing is i have pots filled with just hydroton/rapidrooter so idk if i should just put a pesticide like bayer and pour it into the pot in the bathtub or if i put it in the res with my nutes, idk how to approach it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd use a liquid spinosad formulation, mixed to soil drench amounts and have that in the res, for a few days at least. Then, bleach the drains and if you have houseplants, treat them as well.

ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

Fungus gnats are a bitch to get rid of. We get them every summer in our kitchen sink drain. So I was extra worried about getting them in my garden. You gotta get the adults before they can lay eggs. Sticky traps are awesome, also a bowl of red wine with a couple drops of dish soap will attract n kill a shitload

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Fungus gnats are a bitch to get rid of. We get them every summer in our kitchen sink drain. So I was extra worried about getting them in my garden. You gotta get the adults before they can lay eggs. Sticky traps are awesome, also a bowl of red wine with a couple drops of dish soap will attract n kill a shitload
i lowered the flood level and put a fan on the top of the post to dry it out and killed the few adults i saw by hand and its been like 4 days since i seen one, i have sticky trap and none have stuck to it. my worry is that they laid eggs and once they hatch m gonna have hundreds of adult gnats

A

Antman

Are they attracted to the sugar in the wine then the dish soap kills them?

Top Bottom