Fungus Gnats: Sand Applied On Top, To Water On Top Or Bottom ?

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbear180

Dbear180

yep DE is the way to go. cuts them fokkers to ribbons.

20181203 195848

P

PharmHand

If someone takes a video of a fg crawling thru de and continues to film it until it dies -within a reasonable amount of time- I will send them a free bottle of sea green lol. I’ve watched them walk thru pure de and just keep trucking ,then fly away unphased ,then land do some more fg stuff ,fly again- same bug. I don’t think it actually kills them lol. If anyone has proof otherwise I’d love to see it! Please:)

B

Burned Haze

Well I bought that paint screen for my 5 gal containers and in the next few days I will get some gnat nix. didn’t see many walkers/adults today and not many were on the traps ethier .

+
Azaguard drench tonight
BTI in 2 days

Fun and i’m Sure those gnats love me now

S

Spacetravler

I usually sprinkle my D earth with one of those cheese shakers on the tables at your local pizza palace. I mix sand&D earth 50/50 it’s working for me.and I water before applied thru the top. The sand&D work thier way into the soil that way it prevents them digging in and laying the next generation :hungover:.Imohttps://invalid.com/a/Tg1Wbpn

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

Well I got my painter strainer bags elastic for my 5 gal containers in the mail + I got 3 cubic feet of gnat nix ( damn that’s some expensive shit but I love my babies )

Well tonight I’m going to lay it down and let them enjoy ;)

B

Burned Haze

Updates in the war zone if you guys wanna know/care... lol

* Gnat nix applied to all my flowering room , I choose the 3/4 inch amount on top cause I really wanna see if these fuckers can come through. The painters clothes will go on tomorrow when I got some help since it’s too hard to do by yourself when the plants trellised lol

* Veg room got azamaxed foliar sprayed/drenched and the drench also had it’s weekly liquid BTI applied to it as well. I will add a layer of gnat nix to the veg-room tomorrow + their strainer baggies

Side note: I purchased the 3lb version of bioworks root shield (always wanted to try subdue maxx as well/combined with root shield ) to help give my root system have some bacteria that will protect against the diseases/fungus that can fuck up your whole crop/strain. Prevention is the whole key cause once you got most of these diseases or issues you can’t reverse em

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If someone takes a video of a fg crawling thru de and continues to film it until it dies -within a reasonable amount of time- I will send them a free bottle of sea green lol. I’ve watched them walk thru pure de and just keep trucking ,then fly away unphased ,then land do some more fg stuff ,fly again- same bug. I don’t think it actually kills them lol. If anyone has proof otherwise I’d love to see it! Please:)
me too!i had tried every product i could find to kill fg.gnatoff,gnatnix,sand ,de etc.the one thing i found works best (other than letting your medium dry out between watering) was nematodes.they control the amount of fg in your room by eating all the larvea in your rootzone that feed on your roots.put up some yellow sticky traps to catch any fliers, give nematodes to your rootzone and after 10/14 days another dose then your plants will be running like they should.if possible its best to apply them in veg period to give your plants a chance to recover before flip .

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

if anyone in the UK needs a number for good nematodes shoot me a pm

Top Bottom