Future Of Mj In U.s?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

I'm talking from an outside perspective here, as I'm in the UK. Any ideas how your new president-elect views medical MJ use? And how about those states where recreational has been legalized.? Could it be overturned?

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Nice article. Thanks Farmer P. I'd have to agree with the sentiment that the status quo will remain as it is for now due to the overwhelming public support...however, having Sessions as the AG really sucks big fat donkey dicks because the progress that we've seen in the last few years will most likely come to a screeching halt.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah, he seems like a dickhead. Hopefully Trump won't let him screw us.
I would be inclined to think trump is going to back the guy he put in charge of overseeing that part of the government...is he planning to undermine his own appointees? Sessions was the first prominent trump supporter, trump rewards loyalty, so I would expect him to be able to do what he wants with trump fully backing him.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I would be inclined to think trump is going to back the guy he put in charge of overseeing that part of the government...is he planning to undermine his own appointees? Sessions was the first prominent trump supporter, trump rewards loyalty, so I would expect him to be able to do what he wants with trump fully backing him.
Yea, my thoughts on this have radically changed over the last few days. I thought Trump was going to normalize at least a weeeee bit once he got into office, but he's just completely gone off the rails! The shit he is pulling is INSANE. I still think trying to shut down "legal" grows would create more problems than it's worth for him....but that doesn't seem like it's stopping him with other issues. Logic, rationality, and basic human decency are out the window with this guy.

tosh

tosh

For medical the cat is out of the bag. But I could see Sesh trying to go back on states that I have recently passed Rec

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

For medical the cat is out of the bag. But I could see Sesh trying to go back on states that I have recently passed Rec
I disagree that medical will be our savior. No more increased plant counts recognized by this state, I don't see anything that tells me the medical side of things is going to remain a viable and profitable part of the MJ industry. Rec weed is where the dolla bills are. If sessions does nothing, then the recreational market will continue to increase and the medical market will continue to decrease.

I believe the future is recreational and nothing more. Easier to regulate, easier to find funds from legal and illegal means, easier to prosecute 'criminals' who aren't playing by their rules. Plus, allowing recreational use doesn't make it as difficult for them to explain why they hold patents on the medical benefits of cannabinoids. While simultaneously putting CBD with THC on schedule one. Fucking assholes.

I think that recreational marijuana has undermined the credibility of the medical aspects of marijuana, especially for the uneducated consumer, and the average joe who probably never believed that there was a medical benefit to pot anyway.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I think the pseudo medical use is what undermines the credibility. There are certainly many medical applications that cannabis would be a valid treatment option for...but something tells me the majority of people paying 420 bucks for a prescription to treat headaches/intense malaise/etc are doing more to ruin medical cannabis' validity than me using it in a recreational manner. Though...your last point certainly stands and for the majority of the public I think you are right, they do not see a distinction.

If medical recs were only given to people with MS, glaucoma, wasting disorders, etc. It would really go a long way towards keeping medical valid; and I believe that in the court of public opinion where medical does have majority support, that is the version people envision. Not the one where you get a prescription to make your pizza taste more awesome.

I'm poopin

tosh

tosh

I disagree that medical will be our savior. No more increased plant counts recognized by this state, I don't see anything that tells me the medical side of things is going to remain a viable and profitable part of the MJ industry. Rec weed is where the dolla bills are. If sessions does nothing, then the recreational market will continue to increase and the medical market will continue to decrease.

I never said medical was our savior. I was emphasizing that medical (at least in Cali where we have been going. Since mid 90s) are too far developed for Sessions to begin to undo.

I know that most cats in this game; producers, consumers and distributors are in it for rec reasons. I for one, have always believed in the medicinal benefits of quality grown herb as well as intentionally produced medicinals.

I believe that most of the market is saturated with poorly produced product and by product to satiate the masses. Yes there is money in that.
There is also money in quality produced medicine. Everything has its challenges, rec is now up against big AG and medical big pharma. The way I see it, is there is more opportunity in specialty niche markets and that's where you'll find me.

Howver, the point I was trying to make that you seemed to misinterpret, is that Sessions is more likely to try to go after to states with newly passsd Rec legislation... and then back to pretending that yes ALL this shit is medicine when we know better than that.

tosh

tosh

If medical recs were only given to people with MS, glaucoma, wasting disorders, etc. It would really go a long way towards keeping medical valid; and I believe that in the court of public opinion where medical does have majority support, that is the version people envision. Not the one where you get a prescription to make your pizza taste more awesome.

I'm poopin

I remember these days clearly in Cali. Our first patients had cancer, MS and chronic debilitating migraines. Scripts were so hard to come by. Then dispensaries started popping up and the docs got wind that they could put out a shingle and make thousands a day for recommendations. Then all hell broke loose.

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

I don't know about ya'll, but the "law and order" candidate sure has me concerned. In confirmation hearings, Sessions said it isn't up to him which laws he chooses to uphold, rather it's congresses responsibility. It sure seems like they are setting the stage for coming down on the REC market. Wouldn't take more than a couple thousand strongly worded cease and desist letters and a few high profile busts in Denver and Seattle etc.

str8med

str8med

Whats funny is how so many around this place supported this administration just because of the rhetoric spewing out of Trump and Bannons mouth. So in reality, you signed up for it. Some wish for things to get worst on the medical and recreational side so prices will increase. Yet, we are always told how kind and giving these people are towards the community. Lmao....you fail for that story! I could give names but Im certain most know exactly who thinks they will benefit by being underground even though they are now registered caregivers. I assume one thinks Sessions will not use these records.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Whats funny is how so many around this place supported this administration just because of the rhetoric spewing out of Trump and Bannons mouth. So in reality, you signed up for it. Some wish for things to get worst on the medical and recreational side so prices will increase. Yet, we are always told how kind and giving these people are towards the community. Lmao....you fail for that story! I could give names but Im certain most know exactly who thinks they will benefit by being underground even though they are now registered caregivers. I assume one thinks Sessions will not use these records.

I was thinking of just picking up a med card, and probably will depending on how it plays out, but yeah...existing in a database of people committing a crime is not where I would like to be. Just going to see what happens. I would not really expect medical to be a safe haven.

Kind of curious what's going to happen to all the rec dispensaries. Folks have shelled out quite a bit of cash to build their businesses. Hope that ROI was quick. I could see it being the basis for some awesome states rights type legal cases...granted I would expect those cases to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom