G.h. Nutes Question.

• Thread starter prospero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prospero

prospero

I recently read that General Hydroponics have found a way to stop Calcium being held onto in coco. My question is now they have revised recipe, Do I still have to add calmag ? Nutes are damn expensive man, so savings are always welcome :-)

brrraad

brrraad

I recently read that General Hydroponics have found a way to stop Calcium being held onto in coco. My question is now they have revised recipe, Do I still have to add calmag ? Nutes are damn expensive man, so savings are always welcome :)
If your plants look like they need some then yes but its not something you need to be using on a regular basis. If you see purple, bark-like stems it is (most likely) a magnesium issue, not calcium. If youre looking for a cheap alternative, get some Epsom salt. As for calcium, try calcium nitrate from jack's or yara liva. Dirt cheap but will add alot of nitrogen into your mix so use sparingly. May I add that most GH products are already on the cheap side, nutes are expensive but if you stop paying for the water in the bottle and just get some salt you will see huge savings and get a longer shelf life/less mess. hope this helps. cheers

Top Bottom