Garlic Bud aka The Gar

• Thread starter MedDudeChcioCA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedDudeChcioCA

Back in the day I used to live in Santa Barbara, California. There was a strain going around called the Garlic.....it was truly amazing and unique! Anyone have it alive still or seen it lately?

Would love to get my hands on it!!!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Me too bud>>>>I remember something like that going around in Humboldt around 98 or so. We called it the Lick
Would love to have it in my garden, but haven't seen her since:)

:passingjoint:
gtd

M

MedDudeChcioCA

I know SSSC in Holland made seeds a long time ago that were called Garlic bUd. If so, I think they are long gone unfortunately. They say te Shiva Shanti has Garlic Bud in it but I don't think it would turn out the same.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
we used to get the garlic in nyc, maybe7 or 8 years ago was last time i smoked it i think. if i remember correctly buds were very green, not much red or white hairs.

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
shiva skunk , is very garlic bud like in the phenos , the shiva shanti is to sativa now and does have a tint of it , but i recon if you crossed the shanti with the shiva skunk you will be getting there some what

M

MedDudeChcioCA

re:

Thanks Sonic. I think it just alive in cutting then.

S

SnowCap

Some strains from Guerrero, Mexico have that Garlic smell. Look for that and maybe that Highland x BB from Chimera might have what your looking for.

L

lurking_chap

Garlic Bud is some afghani from ss,they have it only in their Shiva Shanti. by the way some cuts of Garlic Bud came through Dam and it was in some coffeys. I smoked it before and to me it was like Jack Flash kinda different but deffinitely some familiar taste in it....
Jack Flash tastes very different from all strains over here, very piney acrid taste forcing to roll your nose

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

saw something inbetween garlic & cat piss in NJ a while back. One of my favorite smokes of all time, most crystally shiz, i believe i've some pics along with mango haze. Basically the crystal coverage was off the hook, several layers of amber like glass separating the lime green bud from view. The smell was a reak of garlic with a touch of armpit & an over whelming stench of... CAT PISS! An all time favorite, still very pissed the police confiscated 10g's of garlic/cat piss keif.. I dont think ima ever get over that. especially since i was prescribed THC pills days later that failed to compare.

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

honestly this strain whatever it is is on my top 5 & i didnt think i could even compose a top 5 since each plants make up is so unique.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
My Mota G13bw all 3 plants smell of wild garlic. And my MNS G13sk had a couple of Garlic phenos.

Dunno if G13 pure has garlic flavors but its progeny certainly do. Very heavy garlic.

O

organic herbalist

i smoked some garlic bud in the sensi seed coffeeshop in rotterdam in 1993 was some real stinky stuff would love to be able to get some now.

J

JAHGYDI

i had a buddy who was growing the garlic in san diego about 7 years ago. he got busted stealing power. it was some really good smoke.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Won't be long OH and you can compare with your memory whether you think the G13 strains are similar, as i think.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I remember in Cannabis Culture magazine, in Spice of Life Seeds listings was an ad and description of the Garlic Bud, Called SoCal Special. Sounds exactly like that. The claims the plant could reach 3m!! Crazy. Always wanted that. Just offered in one or two issues. What a shame.

Peace

Cannastyle

Cannastyle

If I remember correctly some Garlic strains were entered into the Cup a few years back.

The growers were from either Oregon or Washington.

L

lurking_chap

theherbalizor - flavour is not garlic like at all, it was called by another dutch name which describe it well. but the way it smells and tastes is peppery/earthy/piney afghani like, thats the reason why garlic, it forces you to scratch your nose, it is very pungent

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh I see, just like the cheese doesn't smell like actual cheese.

Well these G13BW actually do smell of garlic. Its great.

O

organic herbalist

hit the male g13bw with the cheese cut herbie and call it french delight lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom