Garlic Bud aka The Gar

• Thread starter MedDudeChcioCA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

Somebody probably clarified this already, but the Shiva actually was mostly Garlic Bud, an Afghani...
The Shanti we used to get in the late 90s was sooo garlicky I thought the bud had retained cooking smell from the growers house.. :D Then (same year) I read a HT profile calling the Shiva Shanti ...Garlic Bud I thought, "Ah that makes sense!"
The Shiva I've seen around here SUCKS, (no dissing but really, he pulls early, sells wet, just off the name) hopefully somebody gets ahold of his genetics and works em out:bandit
Id love to see sone quality Shiva!

F

flyinglime

Dont hate b/c we got the gar...

:giggle:giggle>>>yeah, ok buddy boy<<<

gtd

I am not sure what you are doubting, but the Garlic Bud that we are talking about is the original strain from the 80's from Santa Barbara. This strain has been kept pure and underground for over 30 years, it is a rarity. We personally know and help the growers. Just trying to offer information, no need for the sarcasm.

Garlic Master

Garlic Master

Back in the day I used to live in Santa Barbara, California. There was a strain going around called the Garlic.....it was truly amazing and unique! Anyone have it alive still or seen it lately?

Would love to get my hands on it!!!
I have it and it is dddddank I can't figure out how to upload a fuggen picture but when I do it's going up. I been growing it for the last three years. I have been working with it for over ten years. I am from Santa Barbara used to live on the Mesa on Coleman and Adams. I am in San Diego area now.

Garlic Master

Garlic Master

Back in the day I used to live in Santa Barbara, California. There was a strain going around called the Garlic.....it was truly amazing and unique! Anyone have it alive still or seen it lately?

Would love to get my hands on it!!!
I do have the Garlic Bud aka Shiva Shanti it is a strain I have worked with for several years been growing it for the last three years. It is super rare super potent and super yummy. I love the oils from it and the beautiful smelling smoking tasting hash I just love her!! 35 day flowering! This plant is off the hook. I can't seem to upload a pic when I figure it out I will upload

Garlic Master

Garlic Master

we used to get the garlic in nyc, maybe7 or 8 years ago was last time i smoked it i think. if i remember correctly buds were very green, not much red or white hairs.
Google it shiva shanti aka garlic bud. I am sure you were not smoking the real gar. Based on your description of what you smoked in NYC. It is a very heavy dense dark green then golden covered with shimmery trichromes of different colors like a rainbow of colors. So much Kief it's like it was rolled in lt brown sugar. Smokes like no other and has her very own taste and high for that matter. Lol. Good shit man!

C

cunhafjv

Im from Brazil,
I lived in SB from 2005 to 2009
In 2007 I smoked the best weed in my life. Was the originally SB Garlic
Was so very green full of polen , your fingers get stucked like glue.
After that, I never seem the sb garlic anymore
In 2008 I went to the club on Milpas, and the had the sb garlic, but it wasnt the same , I never find the orginal SB Garlic again. The best thing I ve ever smoke in my whole life. Oh I miss that a lot, down here in Rio de Janeiro the weed suck, and its dangerous to grown you can go to jail with just 1 little tree.

S

steelcanaries

The garlic bud clone still lives in the sf Bay Area. I believe this cut did originate in Santa Barbara however.

K

Know One

The original GAR, or SB Garlic was just one of the awesome signature strains carried at Hortipharm in Santa Barbara 6-8 years ago. The owner also had a line on (friends with CD) \ Chem Dawg's strains. Creator of all that is OG, lol. We also had his original Sour Diesel, SFV Kush.
To this day I haven't seen any of these same strains at near the quality as what was carried back then in SB. There was a line to get in the door daily for the real SFV Kush.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

1982-------
Nintendogames

Good thing my family were hopping around silicon valley with tons of i collect pot seeds idiosincratic behaviors!
Garlic is alive and here to stay!
just not in santa barbara anymore......
20170114 092336

Patriot

Patriot

I am not sure if this is way to late for a reply but...I have a nice Pheno of something resembling diesel but it smells like straight garlic powder...tastes is delicious and the effects are strong. ...I hope this helps.

S

snailwagon

The "Gar" this thread talks of over the last 10 years is not garlic bud. Yes, we all called it "Garlic" at the time it was around, but that was just a morph on the strain name. The "Gar" had nothing to do with the better known Shiva Shanti strain, and a lot more similarities to the Killin' Garberville strain.

The Gar was originally called "Garberville Sativa"; the majority of what was hitting SB and Ventura areas was mostly produced in Willits outdoor. It was very pungent and sour, and left a unique smell that didn't even smell like cannabis when smoked. The terpene profile was too much for some users. Some people starting calling "Gar" ,Garlic instead, and the untrained pallet somehow pulled garlic out of the mix.

Hit the early 2000s and the "Gar" was more green, as the original was a browner strain. This was crossed with Super Silver Haze. Between greed and the feds, the "Gar" went into hiding. I'm still looking too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom