Gavita E Series Footprint Advice

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

I'm looking to get either a 600e SE or a 6/750e DE gavita but not sure which one. I do a 2x4 table with a dialed in room and was thinking about doing 2 gavitas on each 2x2 area. I'd like to take advantage of the double ended version but not sure 400w will be overkill for 2x2 which is why I'm considering the single ended version because it goes down to 300w. What kind of footprints are you guys using and at what distances?

hiboy

hiboy

A 1000 watt will do a 5x4 comfortably
Either light u mentioned will work fine
Hb

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

You'll need to keep the gavita at a minimum of 3 feet from the canopy top. More if you're at 825 watts. I'm running my 6-750 de in a 5x5 .

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Is this for coverage of the 5x5 footprint.gavita mentions 4.5 ft x3ft at 2.5ft

Cheers max
I've actually expanded my grow area for the gavita to 4x8 coverage.
DSCN0818
DSCN0819

So now I get a kilo out of the 4x8 with the gavita.

Madmax

Madmax

Nice..but was it for coverage at minimum 3ft.

So you have moved it up more buddy like a metre from canopy .the reason i ask is because i think ive screwed myself in purchasing one with only a 7.1 ft ceiling .im only worried bout the coverage which seems pretty shit for 4.5ft x 3 ft at 2.5 clearance....plant can only grow to a pissy 800-900cm Ive been sitting in room thinking how the frock i can gain cms in areas.i can gain 90cm if i cut the raised floor imade with laminated chipboard.i can gain another 50mm if i take the ceiling off just to gain a little more.if i drop the light to 2ft im gonna lose coverage..If i use the 150 deg reflector i can drop the light lower but gavita says light is no suitable for small rooms because it causes losses off the walls and reducing the efficiency of the light....

Madmax

Madmax

They still get reasonable light then what gavita reccomends.whats that light covering bud 4ft?.plant on right looks like its gonna grow big..thats a good example seeing how far the light is covering off the wall..

Madmax

Madmax

Is there any supplimentary lights i could use in 5x5 room .will seem a waste if i dont?

Cheers max

Madmax

Madmax

I cant go 30 inches though.with 7ft ceiling.thats my main problem .i can rotate them though.2 1/2 is absolute max i can go...all my walls are fixed so i cant do a scrog..i took the advice from a friend grower which i shouldnt have and just went my way as i wanted a bigger room.well i did build a room but he said build another inside that.2.8 x2.4mtrs ceiling 2320cm but ceiling is only 2160 in the built room.im thinking of tak8ng the bit of floor out ant moving ceiling up..it not much but it all counts..
20180913 131338
20180913 131401

P

PharmHand

Don’t go by what gavita says in terms of light spacing. If you do you’ll end up w some light stressed lookin bud. Bend, tie , scrog keep them ladies short, you’ll be fine. The 150w buys u 6” of clearance which is significant. Paint your walls ultra white flat white or put up some highly reflective wall covering- everywhere walls ceiling paint your floor white. I like the 6/750s on four foot centers but seen them do really well on fives also. If the plants get too close you can take the reflectors right off buy u another 8” or so. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Those are great lights, rein it in and use it effectively you will be very happy

Madmax

Madmax

I like your thinking.thanks for the help out bud..id b pretty much rooted without yas...i gotta make it work.hey.i think im just stressing too much....seems im a virgin im a little bit nervous lol..uno..wanting everything to b perfect :D :D .. ill grab one of those 150 reflectors..would there b much heat to the ceiling with the cover off.wall is white laminate
has abit of a sheen on it..

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

They still get reasonable light then what gavita reccomends.whats that light covering bud 4ft?.plant on right looks like its gonna grow big..thats a good example seeing how far the light is covering off the wall..
As you grow in your experience, along with your plants. You will figure out where the sweet spot is for your lighting.
That's why I experimented with the Gavita in the 4x8 space I have because I could see the light pattern from it and seeing how much light was being wasted on the walls.

Madmax

Madmax

Cheers bro..i cant wait to get stuck into it.ill have to start a grow thread so yous can pop in and see how im going ,

Cheers max

P

PharmHand

I cant go 30 inches though.with 7ft ceiling.thats my main problem .i can rotate them though.2 1/2 is absolute max i can go...all my walls are fixed so i cant do a scrog..i took the advice from a friend grower which i shouldnt have and just went my way as i wanted a bigger room.well i did build a room but he said build another inside that.2.8 x2.4mtrs ceiling 2320cm but ceiling is only 2160 in the built room.im thinking of tak8ng the bit of floor out ant moving ceiling up..it not much but it all counts..View attachment 829181 View attachment 829182
For scrog, if u choose that route, you can screws eye hooks into your walls and attach trellis using zip ties to connect and pull it all even and tight. Set up a couple layers and as they grow and get taller just keep moving the tallest tops outward. When your screens about 30% or so full ,strain dependent , flip em. If numbers aren’t an issue run lots of small plants and flip em tiny. It will take a few crops to dial it all in with your strains and knowing how much they grow after flip etc etc but you’ll get it. And I’ve ran 1k gavitas w no hoods and they were mounted as close as I could get them to a latex painted plywood surface w no issues just keep the air moving up there it should be fine. And flat white is more reflective than gloss white

Madmax

Madmax

I thought about doing scrog right at the beginning .bought all the eye hooks and that, Being a 5x5 i cant reach to the back..im a ft short easy..you yanky's must have long legs Your arse must b higher off the ground than ours :D :D:D

Thinking whether to not use a ft at front ..then i could possibly do a scrog..

Top Bottom