Gavita Pro Light Foot Print

• Thread starter netmike1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

netmike1

I have 2 x gavita e series 1000w, alongside el2 controller & 2 x ecm modules.

my tent is 240 wide 120 deep 220 tall.

I hang the fixtures with ballast at the front & the reflectors are central inside the tent.

i have read they light a more rectangle foot print rather than square, but what way is the rectangle in comparision to the light fixture?

as there double ended bulbs, I was thinking side by side, or is it better to have them ballast to ballast? or tip to tip?

I just can find this information out.

cheers in advanced.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ballast to ballast will give you more coverage to the canopy. You might think about getting the wider hood that gavita makes. It’ll give you more coverage to the canopy then the factory one that comes with the unit.
F5408E4E 7847 4CD3 8616 F95C7FDB61BC

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah front to back is 4x4 and side to side off the lamp is 5x5 based on their reflector stats.but it really only does 4x4 based off my own par readings.there is a little more extra on the sides though.

Madmax

Madmax

I have the 750 and hoping to use it in 5x5 but have it same as Netmike1.was hoping to cover x5 to sides and was only going to use 4 ft of room front to rear ..cant argue with a par meter..i didnt want to know that lol

N

netmike1

thank you very much, got a week left then I'll put them ballast to ballast.

I do plan on getting the wide reflectors, just haven't got round to ordering them.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Gavita's are good strong professional light. is that an LED in the post ? looked at Gavita's but a bit pricey

No, emergency back up light I have pigtailed to a generator. Yes, a bit pricey but definitely blows up the room. I’m no professional but if yoused wisely pays for itself after the first harvest.

H

hawkman

sounds professional to me !! wanting to up-grade looking at Caifornia light works with the sensor for all types of adjustments (sunrise/subset -different spectrum for each stage + time of day light intensity. The Lumigrow has one very simular talking $$$$$$ don't know what to get cobs leds', timber led's, ect ??????? Help

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Gavitas have the same set up your looking for. Had a situation when my a/c failed. Luckily the master controller shut out the lights at the temp setting I set it for. Could of lost the hole crop if it weren’t for the controller.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

sounds professional to me !! wanting to up-grade looking at Caifornia light works with the sensor for all types of adjustments (sunrise/subset -different spectrum for each stage + time of day light intensity. The Lumigrow has one very simular talking $$$$$$ don't know what to get cobs leds', timber led's, ect ??????? Help

I was looking at the California light works 550, QB or timber COBs. I was intigued with the sunrise/sunset full spectrum and controls but it was pricey. Called timber for QB’s and ended up purchasing COB’s. I think they are f’n fantastic!! look at pics here on the farm to compare.
I’m sold on the COB’s but that’s just my opinion.

H

hawkman

I was looking at the California light works 550, QB or timber COBs. I was intigued with the sunrise/sunset full spectrum and controls but it was pricey. Called timber for QB’s and ended up purchasing COB’s. I think they are f’n fantastic!! look at pics here on the farm to compare.
I’m sold on the COB’s but that’s just my opinion.
what do you think about the "controls" for that light ? feel maybe one could get bigger yields ??? have looked aty Tomber and Cob'x - sounds like everyone that has them gives a good/excellent rating. I'm to intruged about the controls the 550 has. going to look again at the COB's- one cob for one plant ? They are full spectrum ? i'm wanting to up-grade again (Galaxyhydro 300 - full spectrum - - UV and IR and dim-a-bull _thanks for the info, anything else about the Cob's

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

what do you think about the "controls" for that light ? feel maybe one could get bigger yields ??? have looked aty Tomber and Cob'x - sounds like everyone that has them gives a good/excellent rating. I'm to intruged about the controls the 550 has. going to look again at the COB's- one cob for one plant ? They are full spectrum ? i'm wanting to up-grade again (Galaxyhydro 300 - full spectrum - - UV and IR and dim-a-bull _thanks for the info, anything else about the Cob's

This thread says it all for me with COBs. Made my decision.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...dding-cake-jbeezy-wifi-43-purple-punch.97770/

Madmax

Madmax

Id love to grow some of that..those girls are real wank material :D

I typed that in on farm seed bank and google with no go :speechless:

Latest posts

Top Bottom