G'day From Another Trying My Hand At Coco

• Thread starter McNaughty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McNaughty

McNaughty

Hey ladies and gentlemen.
Im one of the new guys here, completely new to to it all.. Just finished my first indoor coco grow and lets just it was dismal at best.. Maybe 8 ounces off two random bag seeds.. At best though it was a massive learning curve.
Have been doing a metric shit ton of reseach but mostly still struggle with getting my head around nutrients and what and how much to feed and all that.
Still a lot to learn

Westie

Westie

Howdy. Welcome to the farm, where THC happens.
Good to....Manage the environment, keep the nutes simple.
Hopefully you found the farm before buying inferior gear for your grow.

McNaughty

McNaughty

Howdy. Welcome to the farm, where THC happens.
Good to....Manage the environment, keep the nutes simple.
Hopefully you found the farm before buying inferior gear for your grow.
Hi Westie and thanks for the welcome mate.
Im not going to lie, i have a problem with impulse control, some poor decisions were made but oh well.. its all learning i guess. Most of the shitty purchases have been or are in the process of being upgraded.
Currently only have a 6ftĂ—6ftĂ—6ft tent, just popped a Lemon Skunk seed and hoping to use that as a mother then SOG the tent out.. How many clones could i fit in that area?
I'm so new to this that its almost emabarassing but figure we all started somewhere.
Looking at re using my 90 litre res and a drip system thats drain to waste. Unless any better ideas pop up.
Any and all advice, links, sites and other places to learn from are all welcome.
I aint scared of feedback or constructive criticism either so lets get learning

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I think the one thing that ya gotta have to do coco is a ph meter. And Cal-mag. Coco likes it a bit on the acid side - more so than most tap water. Study the nutrient availability charts for coco (they are different than soil) and you will see a sweet spot you need to achieve when you feed.

Welcome! There are many good coco growers here with great tutorial sorts of posts.

I do like what you say - we all started somewhere. Yup. No one is born with the knowledge.

McNaughty

McNaughty

I think the one thing that ya gotta have to do coco is a ph meter. And Cal-mag. Coco likes it a bit on the acid side - more so than most tap water. Study the nutrient availability charts for coco (they are different than soil) and you will see a sweet spot you need to achieve when you feed.

Welcome! There are many good coco growers here with great tutorial sorts of posts.

I do like what you say - we all started somewhere. Yup. No one is born with the knowledge.
Thanks for the welcome Ignignokt, i did start with $10 ph and ppm meters for the first grow but soon realised my error. I now have a bluelab ec truncheon and bluelab ph meter. Now i just need to truly wrap my head around the nutrient side of things, its a head f*ck for me at the moment.

Have been doing a lot of reading on this and other places, its slow going for my old brain but a lot of info to go through here.

Hoping you guys and girls can walk me through my second grow.
Popped a feminized Lemon Skunk, plan is to veg out and get a dozen or so clones then flip the lot into flower

Westie

Westie

Nice size tent! SOG good fit for 6ft height. Others will know more about numbers of clones that might fit, I've only got a 4x4 grow area to work with.
Learning all the time. I'm still a rookie grower on my second indoor run.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

One important thing is to always remember it starts with the water. Consistent water and ph. Always mix nutrients into the water, one at a time. If you see any precipitation (cloudy water) you need to understand what/why something came out of solution and formed visible solids. Check ph again once all mixed before application. Adjust ph as necessary at this point only. Some nutrients can shift the ph, so fix the final value and not the intermediate results.

McNaughty

McNaughty

Nice size tent! SOG good fit for 6ft height. Others will know more about numbers of clones that might fit, I've only got a 4x4 grow area to work with.
Learning all the time. I'm still a rookie grower on my second indoor run.
Thanks mate, im 6ft 4 so wanted something i was a chance at moving around in.. Problem is i cheaped out a little one the tent.. need to figure an easy solution for a few pin hole light leaks that i think was the cause for my hermie, thinking cheap blankets hung all over it should do.?
At a guess how many clones would you squeeze into your 4x4.?

McNaughty

McNaughty

One important thing is to always remember it starts with the water. Consistent water and ph. Always mix nutrients into the water, one at a time. If you see any precipitation (cloudy water) you need to understand what/why something came out of solution and formed visible solids. Check ph again once all mixed before application. Adjust ph as necessary at this point only. Some nutrients can shift the ph, so fix the final value and not the intermediate results.
Yeah i really stuffed up on that with my first grow, ph all over the place and nutrients at stupid high levels.
This coco thing will take me a while i think haha. But even still, what i harvested, while airy and shitty looking as it was.. it sure does the job.
So far i didnt get any cloudy reservoir, only kind of a bit a bit of brown sludge on the res lid.. figure thats nutes that were misted up and kind of evaporated there.??
Truthfully im struggling with getting my EC right for each stage of the plants, i just cant wrap my head around it all without going back to a science class haha.. i dont want to start on the back foot this time around. Would be nice to not have burn and lock out from start to finish this time

McNaughty

McNaughty

Im hoping a fellow grower can help me with my nutrients, its a Frankenstein situation haha. I'll post pics of what nutes and the analysis.
Thing i need help with, how do i mix them to the right strength properly and what ratios of nutes, boosters etc for veg, transition and flower stages of the plants life. ??
My tap water comes out at 0.2 EC with a PH of around 7.4 if that makes a difference.. I lower the PH to 5.8 as im growing in straight coco this time around.

It seems i suck at learning, no matter how much i read up i still cant quite wrap my head around it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, feel free to make fun of me if you do give me solid advice tho I'm basically looking for a recepie to follow that works with the weird selection of nutrients i ended up with lol
20180813 154855
20180813 154855
20180813 154855
20180813 154905
20180813 154924
20180813 154944
20180813 155014
20180813 155022
20180813 155138
20180813 155148
20180813 155220
20180813 155230
20180813 155252
20180813 155303
20180813 154855
20180813 154905
20180813 154924
20180813 154944
20180813 155014
20180813 155022
20180813 155138
20180813 155148
20180813 155220
20180813 155230
20180813 155252
20180813 155303

McNaughty

McNaughty

Shit sorry about the double ups.. not sure how i managed that. No idea how to correct it

McNaughty

McNaughty

has anyone used the ozi magic gear.? is it worth adding to the canna or no

N

Nickyssix

I think when using coco try to use coco nutes.. as the coco coir holds salts .. but to counter this just water with a decent run off and always run to waste dont recycle as u would in flood and drain.
Coco coir is amazing because of its ability to retain oxygen.. so you can water and water and it's fine . I have automated watering times every 3 hours and once a day it'll water twice the amount and that gives it a little mini flush. Once every 2 weeks I'll do 1 good flush with ph adjusted water and low nutes and I'm realizing the more you feed and water the faster they grow. Dont let that shit dry out.. your plant wont die but it's not good at all to let the roots dry in Coco coir. Remember it's not soil. But is more hydroponics.. so feed it right and boom.
Careful with mixing nutes from different companies unless you know your shit. My advice is the Nutrifield range. Dont mess around get the lot (A & B, fulife, cargo boost, root nectar, budburst, christalizer) and just watch it go big.

Latest posts

Top Bottom