General Hydroponics Cocotek Nutrients

• Thread starter Danky Mcnugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Does anyone have any experience ce with GH Cocotek nutrients? Got ahold of some samples of the grow and bloom. Was thinking I would give it a shot next run, just thought I'd see if anyone has any information on the nutrient kine let me know what you think of it.

MGRox

MGRox

The thing with GH is all their lines are pretty much the same thing. They all have the same ingredients and similar NPKs. I suppose the flora nova series does have added humics though.
----------------------------------------------------------------N ---- P---- K ----Ca -- Mg
Their original flora series 16 ml bloom / 8 ml micro = 130 - 106 - 183 - 130 - 73
Their Flora Nova Series ------- 8 ml bloom -----------=125 - 109 - 182 - 125 - 63
Their CocoTek Series ----------15 ml bloom ----------=136 - 102 - 231 - 180 -70
Their Maxi Bloom Series ------ 8 gm bloom ----------=106 - 138 - 246 - 106 - 74
There is their 3 lines @ recommended dose for bloom and showing the NPK. You can see they are pretty much the same. The higher Ca with cocotek is understandable, but the higher K is not (since coir has 2.5% K by weight). I suppose the P in the maxi series is notably higher than the others.

I know many have run the original flora series and I've run the nova and maxi versions quite a bit. I would expect a similar result from the cocotek, since it's mostly the same. Maybe some others have experience that could be shared, as this is all I can help with.

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I figured since it's gh they wouldn't make something too different from the rest of their products. It looks pretty promising. Currently I'm running botanicare kind and feel it has just a hair too much nitrogen in it. Seems to have slowed transition time just a bit compared to past grows. This is my first time in coco and Im loving it. Just weighing options for nutes on future runs.

Thank you very much for your input!

ClassV

ClassV

Bump!!! I'm curious about this as well. Been using GH 6/9 with some KB. Was considering trying Canna or H&G, but the CocoTek nutes caught my eye. Having different formulas for Veg and Bloom suggest the base nutes should be plenty adequate, but the K content for the bloom seems a little high for coco.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Howdy, flora series man right here, been doing the CoCo thing for 2yrs now. I was a die hard Rockwool, ebb and flood, drippers, NFT. You name it id had a run with it. I had to go with CoCo due to location security. And I've gotta say man, IM IN LOVE WITH THE Co- Co.... however ive stayed with my trusted nutes, i just feel that the 3 part gives you much more control over what nutrients get fed and at what time, calimagic gets the job done during veg and early flowering but i switch to Epsom salts later in flowering to avoid N, wich is why i prefer the 3 part flora series wich allows you to reduce N levels drastically. I finish up with koolbloom. Liquid 1st 3-4 weeks, powder last 3 then flush. But even if i didn't have the KB with the 3 part the numbers can be easily manipulated to reach KB levels of P and K. If you wanted to you could match almost any other lines P, K levels be it overdrive , beastie blooms whatever. And there in lies the beauty of the 3 part. I also think theres some kind of a mistake with the K in the cocotek line. It could lead to one form or another of nute lockout. IMO.... well... best of luck to you bro and remember; if it aint broke dont friggin fix it !!! K.I.S.S

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks, Mr X. It almost looks like the formula follows the ratios in the 3 part schedule. I hear you on the ability to play with the ratios using the 3 part. I started out running 6/9, but found that the grow bottle could be very useful. I would have thought they'd cut back on the K for a coco specific nutes, and was surprised that they didn't. Doesn't seem like the Ca is much higher than Micro either, even if you account for the levels of P and K. Kind of odd. I was hoping an A and B program would simplify things a bit, which is why I'm looking an Canna and H&G as well. But perhaps not!

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I would go with canna to be honest. My buddy in CO said he's been running it and it's super easy to use. I had problems with lockout no matter what I did this round. I ran botanicare kind nutrients. The nutrients are great, just had no clue how to use them in coco. I imagine a little tweaking would get it dialed in but I just didn't have the time to really work on it. I'm thinking if I do coco again I will just suck it up and run canna.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Canna is good stuff, but I'm moving to Jack's after this run. Canna has been solid in helping many produce excellent nugs just don't follow their feeding schedule for most varieties. I've even tried manipulating the levels a bit but see more benefit in keeping the a&b equal throughout the entire cycle. If you're looking for super simple there's a variety of salt-based nutes that you mix yourself that are proving to be quite good from what I've seen. Jack's is just a precursor to a full migration to straight raw salts, all in the name of saving money. I think something that is more configurable would definitely be better than running a two part. There's just not enough lee-way to really lock things down imo.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Thanks, Mr X. It almost looks like the formula follows the ratios in the 3 part schedule. I hear you on the ability to play with the ratios using the 3 part. I started out running 6/9, but found that the grow bottle could be very useful. I would have thought they'd cut back on the K for a coco specific nutes, and was surprised that they didn't. Doesn't seem like the Ca is much higher than Micro either, even if you account for the levels of P and K. Kind of odd. I was hoping an A and B program would simplify things a bit, which is why I'm looking an Canna and H&G as well. But perhaps not!
If you want the best overall results with an A and B 2 part nutrient IMO ; canna A and B and for finishing their PK boost. Hands down the best nutes for CoCo. A bit expensive and the dosing is heavy also @ 10ml p gl. But the results are outstanding and practicality no additives are needed.

ClassV

ClassV

Any of you guys use the Cannazym or boost? With GH, it does seem like staying with the 3 part would be the best play. But with flora you add more K no matter which bottle you use.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Cannazym is just to help break down dead roots, and boost isn't really necessary. Can achieve the same thing boost does with other, cheaper products. That's the beauty of canna, you can get by with just a&b with the pk 13/14 at the right time.

Mr.X

Mr.X

I left that out of the equation but i believe enzymes are absolutely necessary for a successful, well maybe not SUCCESSFUL but a good grow. By good i mean uneventful. When your giving high amounts of nutes you want that to be broken down, enzymes get rid of decaying organic matter and render it usable by the plants and microbes. I use enzymes once a week and when i flush for the whole first week. When you flush with enzymes and fulvic acid the plant absorb that last bit of food. The fulvic acid chelates the remaining nutes and the plants are aided in the metabolism by the enzymes. Enzymes and beneficial microorganisms and fungi are as important as nute to the overall wellbeing and health of your plants. IN MY OPINION. ... (opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. AND THEY THINK THERES DON'T STINK )

ClassV

ClassV

I gave it a lot of thought, played with the ratios on cannastats, and decided that I’m going to give these cocotek nutes a chance. I noticed that N is lower relative to Ca, which works for me in my setup and with my water, and that K in relation to N is pretty much in line with that I would shoot for with the 3 part, so I feel better about K. It is P that is the real difference. Seems pretty low, but I have been doing some reading and lower P seems to be a trend in Agriculture. P was also pretty low in the original H3ad 6/9, and that didn’t seem to hurt anything, but it is worth saying the P comes in even lower with the CocoTek.

I did ponder Canna for a while, but I can’t really complain about GH, and I thought I’d give this duo a shot. That said… it occurred to me that I could run Canna Boost during flower. I like the fact that it does not have significant impact on the NPK ratios. If I need a P or K boost, I can bring out the liquid Koolbloom. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
MGRox

MGRox

I personally wouldn't worry about the "lower p" with cocotek. I would imagine if you started cutting EC with that nute profile that you'd be likely to see; N-, then K-, then Mg-, and then P-.
The liquid kool bloom would be fine any time you wanted to do a p/k boost. To help here:
1ml Kool Bloom per gallon = 13.5 ppm P and 25.5 ppm K.

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for the insights MG! I picked up the Cocotek and a little bottle of Canna boost to play with. Already have liquid KB, and if P becomes a problem the Flora Bloom bottle is on hand too. That gives me 5-4 for P-K as opposed to 10-10 with the KB.

Gonna pop a few Lemon OG beans in in the next few days and put this base to work.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Thanks for the insights MG! I picked up the Cocotek and a little bottle of Canna boost to play with. Already have liquid KB, and if P becomes a problem the Flora Bloom bottle is on hand too. That gives me 5-4 for P-K as opposed to 10-10 with the KB.

Gonna pop a few Lemon OG beans in in the next few days and put this base to work.

How did these work out with the cocotek line?

ClassV

ClassV

How did these work out with the cocotek line?

I was actually going to update the thread. Just finished vegging two Lemon OGs. They are real light feeders and N sensitive, so it was a little tricky balancing CalMag supplementation with new base nutes, but it has worked out great so far.

Have not swapped over to the the Bloom formula yet, but I will vouch for the Grow. Works like a champ and easy and clean to use. No salt issues at all. If you grow in coco, and like GH, give em a chance!

RG420

RG420

Cannazym is just to help break down dead roots, and boost isn't really necessary. Can achieve the same thing boost does with other, cheaper products. That's the beauty of canna, you can get by with just a&b with the pk 13/14 at the right time.

Gunna be running canna coco first time soon, just a+b and PK 13/14 so when would you say is the right time bro? Iv read some people run through at lower levels from 4-7 and some just hit em hard for one week?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@RG420 sorry for the uber long delay on response. It's really up to preference. I've done both, and personally prefer to hit hard week one and then don't apply again until week 5 then run with it till flush. This last run I used MOAB in place of pk 13/14 and liked the results, but I think things would've gone a bit better had I used some kind of pk 13/14. Hope your run finish out well for ya.

RG420

RG420

@RG420 sorry for the uber long delay on response. It's really up to preference. I've done both, and personally prefer to hit hard week one and then don't apply again until week 5 then run with it till flush. This last run I used MOAB in place of pk 13/14 and liked the results, but I think things would've gone a bit better had I used some kind of pk 13/14. Hope your run finish out well for ya.

Haha a least you replied bro! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom