General Hydroponics Cocotek Nutrients

• Thread starter Danky Mcnugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RG420

RG420

RG420- are you not going to give the Canna Boost a shot?

No mate Iv seen from grows that it barley makes a difference, but Iv been looking into Green Planets Massive to run all through flower with PK 13/14

tobh

tobh

Supporter
If you're looking for a bloom booster that is easy to use, MOAB is pretty solid. Better trichome production, better taste, better smell, bulkier flowers. Just be careful you'll roast some shit with it easily. Requires dropping your A and B to about 6ml a gal and feeding at much lower ppm's than you think is necessary.

P

Pimples

The thing with GH is all their lines are pretty much the same thing. They all have the same ingredients and similar NPKs. I suppose the flora nova series does have added humics though.
----------------------------------------------------------------N ---- P---- K ----Ca -- Mg
Their original flora series 16 ml bloom / 8 ml micro = 130 - 106 - 183 - 130 - 73
Their Flora Nova Series ------- 8 ml bloom -----------=125 - 109 - 182 - 125 - 63
Their CocoTek Series ----------15 ml bloom ----------=136 - 102 - 231 - 180 -70
Their Maxi Bloom Series ------ 8 gm bloom ----------=106 - 138 - 246 - 106 - 74
There is their 3 lines @ recommended dose for bloom and showing the NPK. You can see they are pretty much the same. The higher Ca with cocotek is understandable, but the higher K is not (since coir has 2.5% K by weight). I suppose the P in the maxi series is notably higher than the others.

I know many have run the original flora series and I've run the nova and maxversions quite a bit. I would expect a similar result from the cocotek, since it's mostly the same. Maybe some others have experience that could be shared, as this is all I can help with.
Yep. Even quality buffered coco coir releases alot.of plant usable potassium during a grow. Especially long veg in final pot. Cocotek is decent. But why the high K...is beyond me. Besides higher calcium and bumped up magnesium. ..i think a good coco specific base should have dtpa and eddha chelated iron...much lower K and added fulvic..yucca and aminos. The closest ibe found to really have it all is Nutrifield Coco nutrient. Its even got a little kelp and added silica
Traces of nickel wouldnt hurt. And all micros should be chelated. Say what you will about Advanced....their marketing is really ridiculous and overpriced. ..but thier new sensi coco specific line is pretty damn high quality. Screw thw additives. Dont really need em.

P

Pimples

The thing with GH is all their lines are pretty much the same thing. They all have the same ingredients and similar NPKs. I suppose the flora nova series does have added humics though.
----------------------------------------------------------------N ---- P---- K ----Ca -- Mg
Their original flora series 16 ml bloom / 8 ml micro = 130 - 106 - 183 - 130 - 73
Their Flora Nova Series ------- 8 ml bloom -----------=125 - 109 - 182 - 125 - 63
Their CocoTek Series ----------15 ml bloom ----------=136 - 102 - 231 - 180 -70
Their Maxi Bloom Series ------ 8 gm bloom ----------=106 - 138 - 246 - 106 - 74
There is their 3 lines @ recommended dose for bloom and showing the NPK. You can see they are pretty much the same. The higher Ca with cocotek is understandable, but the higher K is not (since coir has 2.5% K by weight). I suppose the P in the maxi series is notably higher than the others.

I know many have run the original flora series and I've run the nova and maxi versions quite a bit. I would expect a similar result from the cocotek, since it's mostly the same. Maybe some others have experience that could be shared, as this is all I can help with.
Cocotek at 15 ml of each part would fry tue fuk out of my plants. Well over 2.0 ec. Hell...at one tsp per.gallon of tap its 1.0. Cocotek is a little more concentrated than the other brands out there. Canna is much less and Sensi Grow for coco is even more diluted.

P

Pimples

Just went to the hydroponic shop a little farther away from my usual. Dont go in there much as they are the same. But anyways..went in there for some pH calibration sachets and noticed the entire sale shelf loaded with General Hydroponics Cocotek A&B Grow and Bloom quart sets on sale for 10 bucks a set. I bought the entire shelf. Guy said no ones buying it. I usually go with Veg + Bloom and Iam running low. So I jumped on the deal. I can use any base brand with my Bluelab combo meter so I said why not. Ive used the grow A & B last year and it worked just fine. No different than the rest so I picked up a decent supply to last a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom