Genetic Response From Clones Of A Outdoor-grown Mom

• Thread starter areadepth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
areadepth

areadepth

Will the clones, taken from a outdoor super moms, yield/quality reflect the genetics of the strain, or will they reflect the mothers intake of nutrition, sun-hour and overall health performance in the environment, or both factors?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
What is the difference between the mothers genetics and the strains genetics if the mom is truly said genetics? A clone means it's 100% a copy. Period.

areadepth

areadepth

the mothers will be grown outside, the clones will go in sog beds indoor.
the strains genetic is usually what one has to expect from seeds or direct clones, the mothers genetics will take on her experience and twerks, I assume, hence my enquiry here.

xavier7995

xavier7995

The environment of the mother plant will not matter, just genetics. Environmental factors might play into the plant growing in such a way as to give a more desirable structure for the clone or perhaps a healthier starting plant...but that's a crap shoot and who knows.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Will the clones, taken from a outdoor super moms, yield/quality reflect the genetics of the strain, or will they reflect the mothers intake of nutrition, sun-hour and overall health performance in the environment, or both factors?
The clone will have some signs of the mom.. like color, smell and shape.. but the yield and quality comes down to your environment. .. you can grow 5 pounds of fire on an outdoor plant but if you have a bad indoor grow itll show...or verse visa

areadepth

areadepth

The clone will have some signs of the mom.. like color, smell and shape.. but the yield and quality comes down to your environment. .. you can grow 5 pounds of fire on an outdoor plant but if you have a bad indoor grow itll show...or verse visa
if It would be a bad environment for the outdoor mom with little sun and nutrition and a top notch indoor setup with good soil and nutrition, will the clones do better than the mom if she would've been flowered? Or will they inherit her ptsd?

areadepth

areadepth

The environment of the mother plant will not matter, just genetics.
ok.. you sure?
Environmental factors might play into the plant growing in such a way as to give a more desirable structure for the clone or perhaps a healthier starting plant
ok.. thanks
but that's a crap shoot and who knows.
I was under the impression that you knew since you said environment doesn't matter, only genetic.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I would think the sun would be a way better light source then any indoor lighting

xavier7995

xavier7995

I think I might be missing some aspect of your question. A clone is genetically the same as the mother plant. If the mother is not in a good environment but the clones from it are, then yes the clones should result in a better end product. That is just plant health, not related at all to being a clone or not. When you take the clone from an unhealthy plant it will also be unhealthy initially, but if you correct the issues the clone will grow fine. The mother plant would also have the same result if you fixed the issues. There isn't really a carryover PTSD as you say...just giving a plant it's nutrition and environmental needs to fully live up to its genetic potential.

areadepth

areadepth

there's several questions left unsaid in my post and their respective aspects, nonetheless your answer is close enough to the main highway of my question, thank you.
personally I believe there will be a transfer of ptsd, it is given, if the new environment is really good it might help significantly in the endresult.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
if It would be a bad environment for the outdoor mom with little sun and nutrition and a top notch indoor setup with good soil and nutrition, will the clones do better than the mom if she would've been flowered? Or will they inherit her ptsd?
Theyll beat the outdoor in a good indoor grow... you can put a poor growing plant in in a great grow room and give it some good environment and itll blow up. They dont have memory like that... just a hormone flip

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

heard stories of blue dream growing up to 7 pounds per plant out side u sure ant pulling that off inside

Latest posts

Top Bottom