Genetic Sexing Of Seedlings

• Thread starter ajoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ajoy

Hello, I'm a geneticist, and have developed a genetic test to identify gender in cannabis seedlings after 1 week. Plan is to open a storefront in Denver area for seedling sample drop off. I would like input on potential demand, and what price/seedling would you pay for this service?

I know this exists in other states, but I'm trying to gauge demand for storefront model in CO.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Hello, I'm a geneticist, and have developed a genetic test to identify gender in cannabis seedlings after 1 week. Plan is to open a storefront in Denver area for seedling sample drop off. I would like input on potential demand, and what price/seedling would you pay for this service?

I know this exists in other states, but I'm trying to gauge demand for storefront model in CO.

To be honest I don't see much of a market for this service. I can move a plant into a room for 10 days & get the same result with only 60 seconds worth of physical work. Adds a little time but it only happens once & then I know I've got girls & it cost me next to nothing.

A

ajoy

To be honest I don't see much of a market for this service. I can move a plant into a room for 10 days & get the same result with only 60 seconds worth of physical work. Adds a little time but it only happens once & then I know I've got girls & it cost me next to nothing.
So you are growing indoor. How about for outdoor? If you didn't want to use clones? How is the outdoor market in CO?

Dbear180

Dbear180

I have always witnessed re-veg as a slow and metabolically damaging process.
What is your experience?

I go just long enough to show a pistil or a sack. Move back to veg & let it recover or toss the boys, takes maybe two weeks at most. Really doesn't hurt them imo when they are only a few weeks old, it's not something I'm doing all the time so I don't stress a couple extra weeks every now & then. I'm actually in this process right now with a few dif flavors.
It takes FOREVER if they are older. I had to move a mom outside in Feb because I needed the whole room & hoped shed stay veg'd but she flowered before I could do anything. About april she stopped flowering & just grew nasty twisted stunted growth for a bit til august & started flowering again lol. I know that was my fault, shit happens lol.
But like I said with plants in the single digit weeks, it's not a problem at all for me.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thats what i do.... if a test is like 100 bucks then 10 days is cheaper

Dbear180

Dbear180

I sexed 30 diff beans in the last two weeks & it cost me the few hundred dollar electric bill I was ALREADY going to have to pay this month. At $100 a pop for tests that $ could pay my mortgage & electric for almost 3 months!
Science is great & all but the math on this just doesn't add up for someone like me.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

I think your market will be new growers who are nervous about sexing , I don’t think anyone who knows what they are doing needs this service, whether you grow inside or out. There are enough new growers to keep you busy, but I’m not sure how long this business model can last

Top Bottom