Germinating Question (newbie)

• Thread starter donweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donweed

next time soak them in a cup of water or a day you will see the good ones will crack open,then into you jiffys

Yepp, did that with my new ones (white widow's).

So far 4 has sprouted in 24 hours but i will keep it in the napkin for a little more until i see the roots a little longer.

As for the white kush seed (3); i decided to dig one up and it looked intact so i put it back to soak in water hoping ill see something happen with it.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Just started 5 white widow seeds using this method ! Lets see where this goes.
I always do it 100% germination rate for now.
I put paper towel in a zip lock bag....unzipped...works great too.
As long as you keep it moist it works either way. I am little lazy and sometimes i forget to check. With my method i always have a humidity dome. Tiny bit of h2o2 doesn’t hurt either to keep any mold away. But i never had any problems even without h2o2.

D

donweed

okay so the white widows are doing great, they have sprouted and have about 1cm of root. I will be waiting until tomorrow to get them transplanted in either jiffy pellet or soil.

What do you guys recommend ?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
okay so the white widows are doing great, they have sprouted and have about 1cm of root. I will be waiting until tomorrow to get them transplanted in either jiffy pellet or soil.

What do you guys recommend ?
They already sprouted why waste a pellet, i go straight to soil, maybe start small then transplant. I always over water when i start small so i start with my final pot (3 or 5 gal). Personal choice.

D

donweed

Based on what im reading online i was thinking using solo cups with a few wholes.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Based on what im reading online i was thinking using solo cups with a few wholes.
Yeah why not, personally i like peat pots with my clones to see if the roots have developed enough for a transplant and also you can just transplant with those pots they degrade in soil so no transplant shock, if you don’t have them, solo cups are fine too but, don’t forget to use a real light soil, nutrientwise. I had some burned from too much nutes tho i use a real rich soil well anyway, seedlings are delicate.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Solos or 4x4s, I like to up pot to 1 gals after a week or two in those, gives you room to bury them a lil more if they get stretchy. Can stay in the 1 gal for quite a while.

M

MDgrows

I use the jiffy pellets in the humidity dome. I have about a 95% germination rate. I place the tray under a 45w panel (panel is about 6 inches above) until they pop up. After that I leave the lid on for a couple more days and then they go under a 300w led that's higher up. No standing water in the ready. Pellets usually produce enough humidity. Just my method, works great for me. They do need to be under light to germinate though.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I use the jiffy pellets in the humidity dome. I have about a 95% germination rate. I place the tray under a 45w panel (panel is about 6 inches above) until they pop up. After that I leave the lid on for a couple more days and then they go under a 300w led that's higher up. No standing water in the ready. Pellets usually produce enough humidity. Just my method, works great for me. They do need to be under light to germinate though.
They don’t need to be under lights to germinate but you have to put them under a light when their tap roots are visible, it can be 10mm or 30mm, but don’t let them get too long. I always use two opaque, ceramic plates put on top of each other to germinate and it works fine.

D

donweed

So 2/3 of my firs ones (white kush) sprouted and 4/5 (white widows) have sprouted.

Thank you all for the help.

D

donweed

So here are some pics !

The one in the jiffy pellet is the white kush and the ones in the cups are the white widows.

Sprout3
Sprout2
Sprout1

Latest posts

Top Bottom