Getto Trees Part 2

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

My only advice is to stop giving up all the gosh darn time. When you threw that uc pro into the dumpster I pictured an 8 year old throwing a temper tantrum from not being able to do his math homework correctly.

Stick with it man. You got what it takes.

The fact you have the same issues no matter what medium your in, means whichever is the constant in your equation is causing the failure. Doesn't matter if you're in soil, hydro, coco, hydroton. You can change media like you change underwear, its not what's killing your plants

Stalks

Stalks

Small grows and big grows can be compared to each other during transplanting
I would suggest imho what I do
My garden is small I only grow for a few, But I use CoCo, 70/30 split coco hydroton or 50/50
Getting to the point, I noticed a few days after going to the larger grow Bag from the smaller was a stalling my plants Baddly and I to do DTW with Jacks Pro and OG Bio-War when I use the cloth bags
I started to do a Starved transplanting
I would remove the Plant from the smaller pot
dip the plant roots in a 5.6/ 5.8 ph mixed with Azos
and mycos sprinkled in the new BAG then set the plant in the larger coco bag
fill with my new Coco mix
and then use ONLY enough 1/2 strength nutes
to wet the outside edges of the NEW coco in the bag do not add so much as to get 0 run off
and do not water the center leave it DRY and MAKE UM hunt the wall of the bag and the little water there is.
Trust in this enough to type it on your thread to you .
I believe in this method for Me but is it the same in larger grows ?
all I can say is try it with one if you can afford to trust it will work
Once the roots explode then start the DTW after you start seeing your roots sticking out of the top of the coco.

View attachment 486503They may only be 3 gal but I go from 1 gal to this size in hempy coco or smart pots, but if you look closely to the edges of the pot you will see My roots all the way out and even sticking up out of the Pot.
I wish you Great success @gettogro
watching your Super trees is always a pleasure.
FlyJ
I love the term starved transplant!

after you transplant let that bitch go a little thirsty and make the roots stretch and then you can reap the rewards of the multi feed dtw coco.

I'm in love with the coco!

Now knock it out the frame ninja

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

It seems pure Coco retains water way too long maybe try mixing it with 50% perlite or 30% so it will drain and not be waterlogged...

G

gettogro

Thanks for the advise guys. I agree I always mess things up. I seem to want to go to much too fast. One thing its not the plants fault for sure. I guess transplanting into a bigger pot then filling it up with water till it gets lots of run off then sticking it under the same light and then wonder why shit goes down hill..

I got the mechanical part down for sure, Ac, electric, plumbing, carpentry, electronics, prettymuch anything else, If I can just get 2 good grows in a row.

G

gettogro

My only advice is to stop giving up all the gosh darn time. When you threw that uc pro into the dumpster I pictured an 8 year old throwing a temper tantrum from not being able to do his math homework correctly.

Stick with it man. You got what it takes.

The fact you have the same issues no matter what medium your in, means whichever is the constant in your equation is causing the failure. Doesn't matter if you're in soil, hydro, coco, hydroton. You can change media like you change underwear, its not what's killing your plants
Well said.. My skill set would be much better served on monster garage or tree house masters, rather than growing trees...

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

Gg your last grow was seriously one of the best I've ever seen in terms of everything plants and hardware. I'm sure you can get this one perfected.

True that. The knowledge I got from his room build thread was incredible. Ive always had really low humidity and didnt even have a clue I was doing it all wrong. The second I saw his humidifier setup it instantly clicked. I didnt know exactly why i needed it , but that question opened up the entire world of vpd and temperature and rh control to me.

@gettogro completely changed everything for me and single handedly got the ball rolling that made me better than I was

G

gettogro

@FooDoo Thanks for reminding me about vpd...
So when I transplant into bigger pots, leaving the medium on the dryer side will help the roots grow in search of water. I should raise the humidity to keep the plants from drooping. Makes sense just like cloning in medium requires a Humidity dome. Ez cloners not so much.. Maybe like the difference in transplanting in rdwc than in coco.

Of course I did the opposite today. I shut the humidifiers off thinking that would help dry out the pots.. Ill get the temps and humidity up tomorrow. 80 F and 80 RH ?????

DapperDon

DapperDon

@FooDoo Thanks for reminding me about vpd...
So when I transplant into bigger pots, leaving the medium on the dryer side will help the roots grow in search of water. I should raise the humidity to keep the plants from drooping. Makes sense just like cloning in medium requires a Humidity dome. Ez cloners not so much.. Maybe like the difference in transplanting in rdwc than in coco.

Of course I did the opposite today. I shut the humidifiers off thinking that would help dry out the pots.. Ill get the temps and humidity up tomorrow. 80 F and 80 RH ?????

Hey Getto, You still aren't trying to recycle your grey water are you? Did you ever get your water situation worked out at your spot yet? Like everyone else in this thread, you inspired us from across the map to be better than what we are. Your rooms are nothing short of a work of art and a lesson on how it needs to be done. At least for me anyway, you paved the way for growing some bigass plants indoors and how a grow room should be built. You and I have the same skill sets and made it easy for me to get into the game. But I agree with @FooDoo was saying that you have what it takes to hit 100% success, just stop giving up and throwing your toys away. If I were to bet Vegas odds on this, I would bet there is something wrong with your water and nutes scheduling. You were very impressive when you found toxicity with your CO2 burner, so I believe you WILL find out what your constant variable is in your equation and remedy it. Keep at it Getto and don't give up. There are more people pulling for you than you could possibly imagine.

stonestacker

stonestacker

gettogro love your work man. You Remind me of me. I want results now! Look outside of the box. Try one or two things at a time. And be patient give that shit time to work.

I run DTW in rock wool. I used to be under the assumption that I couldn't overwater, BS. Last run in veg my plants were getting bigger than I wanted so I cut my feed back They blew up. I went from 2 gallons of runoff to 1/4 every 24 hr.
At harvest my best plant was feather light my worst was heavy. I'm cutting back on feed in flower now to. For me being able to track runoff is essential. I allso check ppms of my runoff and adjust feed rates accordingly.
imho if you evaporate water out of smartys the salts will be left behind, just asking for trouble.

You will get this shit figured out and then go shit that was dumb or why didn't I think of that before.:cool:

Keep it green.

G

gettogro

Thanks for the encouragement guys,

I dont think its the water or nutes though.. I have plants in smaller pots that look great using same water and nutes. I think what Im doing wrong is my re-potting method or lack of.

IMG 4916

sixstring

sixstring

yeah maybe just your veg process needs some tweaking? im guessing when you are building a room or making major changes your plants are vegging somewhere else and because your busy they get a good headstart in the root zone.but then your second run is all set up and you might be pushing the new plants from veg into flower too soon and these new plants dont have the same well developed root zone as the last and so feeds cant be the same and the plants stumble a bit? idk man but i also thought like daper dan maybe the water source or nute changes?
the plants you posted of veg with lacking roots looked like they needed more time yet before transplant.and im not fond of those stones,seems like how prime c described it,they are just taking up valuable space in the pots that roots can use ? gl bro,im sure you'll get it sorted.peace

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
@FlyinJStable good point on the STARVED transplant! I use the GH brick coco and have to hydrate/flush/charge all in one @ half strenght. My medium is wet when I repot so I let them go 2-3 days before the first watering. And then I let them dry out again forcing the roots to search. Once the roots are there you can start pushing them.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I have stopped using the plastic pots, I ran into the same problems with the bottom half staying to wet and soggy and would eventually start to stink. I use 1 gal geo transplanters now. I also find with coco that when transplanting up if you jump to far in pot size at a time I have to reduce waterings or its just to wet till roots get established. Ive had best result transplanting from 1's to 3's then to 7's or 10's for flowering. If I go straight from the 1's to 7's I have to cut waterings to every few days till established. If I pot up slowly i can stick with watering daily 2-3 times for a minute on drips. I also really like batch 64 pioneer. Already ammended, great drainage and buffered. they also make a 70/30 mix. Stick with it. I too converted to coco from the uc's and had some hiccups the first couple runs.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Im the opposite. I like the plastic pots. I get too much salt build up with the smarties and fuck cleaning those!

The first time i hit 1.5 on a light was 9 plants in one gallon pots fed twice a day. Then I got away from that not thinking about the pot size being the reason. Took over a year to think about that again. Then I did a bigger plant in a 3 gallon and got like 12 oz off a low yielding cookie cut. Hmmmmm... Then through discussion here about coco brother @symbiote420 hooked me up with @HeadKracker and I saw his pics with big ole plants in little pots of coco. Multifed! The fucking light came on dawgy!! I remembered that 1.5 I hit! My next round I hit a little over 1.6 running 6-7 a light in one gallons. And to tell you the truth they arent even 1 gallons they are a tad smaller. Cheap ass nursery pots lol. Guess I should start a thread in the coco section.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

You definitely dont' need a big pot for big yields in coco. the bigger the plant the more you just have to water. I like the 7's. I can consistently pull 1lb-1.5lb plants and hit around 2.5lbs per light. I agree with @Prime C though I could prob get away with a smaller pot but I like the 7's because they give me a little buffer if a pump goes out they wont dry out in a few hours and buys me time since im only in my room for a couple hours a day. @ prime C When I first started using geos I had problem with salt build up, but now as long as I dont let them dry out I don have any issues.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I also have the same problems you are describing @gettogro My plants also look like they are going through a Mg def with intervienal yellowing. I don't think its the over watering problem at all. You have coco amended for aeration and I highly doubt the oxygen ratio is off. This problem sets me back by 2-3 weeks while I nurse the plants back to health. The droopy leaves and yellowing only show up in my bloom room after transplant. So far I find that foliar spraying with a Mg supplement allows them to bounce back faster. I know that if you are aerating your reservoir inside of a C02 enriched room it is possible to cause PH to drop from the C02 interaction with water.

If you are in Washington state (or any other recreational state) I would recommend you get a petiole testing done to discover which ions the plant is deficient in. Also, those metering devices may be off and sending a sample of your nutrient solution for analysis couldn't hurt. You can do that through JR peters laboratory.
Good luck, I hope you find out what this is soon.
-Fresh

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Live by JR peters Pro nutes great line of fertilizers
and super bad ass chemistry research department always very helpful even to the little guy
My medium is wet when I repot so I let them go 2-3 days before the first watering.
You have a lot of fokes on your side G-Man and you have One hella Grow room Stay the Course and get-er-done
You ARE a great grower,
Some one once said to me try not to over think it, its a weed they love to hunt for water
so let the roots grow into the pot size if you have the OG-Bio get Nute pac for the transplant
It rocks the COCO big time too
just ask @Capulator he is a wealth of info
Peace flyJ

G

gettogro

Yep I haven't used caps biowar in a while, However I just ordered a couple kilos today for this run. I also been reading up on some black label root enhancer. Going to give that stuff a try..

Dimmed all the lights and Got the temps and humidity up to 80 80 and things and starting to perk up..

So when the lights first come on the WIFI's are very perky and the leaf posture is decent, after a few hours on they start to droop more and more till lights go out. Im thinking the plant is telling me that there is 2 much light.. Correct??

Thanks for all the advise and encouragement. Working as a one man show, I have no one over my shoulder to tell me not to water an over watered plant, and why the hell are you turning up the lights on a plant with no root system.. Ill be spending more time doing some late night reading. Get my head back in the game,,,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom