Getto Trees Part 2

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

I just prepped the last few bags of gs-3 I had. I had to rinse and flood it with a high acid solution till it ran clear. Let it sit over night. Then I flooded it with a weak nute solution PH 5.8. Then I slurry tested it with distilled water and got a PH of 5.4. So I guess It just needs a bit more prep work than stated in the directions.

@Capulator doesent look like anyone around here has nutrifield 70/30. All I could findis Gold label 60/40 which has coarse hair like coco, and Black label 70/30 coco perlite not sure which kind of coco it has. Any experience with these or any other coco mix "readier to use"

I might not give up on the grow stone stuff just yet. I had a stellar run the first time when I thoroughly rinsed it.

Starting to see some roots pop through the smart pots, So looks like they are on the rebound..

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I'm running a "chow" mix of the big grow stones and coco croutons in veg. Plants seem happy with it.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I got some samples of gs coco/stone mix a little over a year ago and ran a plant in it. It was awful. I didn't take the time to check runoff because I got frustrated because it just seemed to get worse and worse. I just pulled it and replaced it with something else.

Like Cap I run a 70/30 coco perlite mix. I made my own though out of canna coco and perlite from home depot. I also mixed in a bit of vermiblend to help out bennies.

G

gettogro

What kind of prep work are you guys having to do? I could mix my own too. Does the perlite need to be rinsed or soaked to get PH in range? Or can you just mix, plant and water.. And its good to go from there.. No crazy initial high ph?

I dont mind the work but I just used 200 gallons ow water washing and soaking the GS-3 to get it in acceptable ph range. I have to truck in the water to this spot so I need something that I can just mix and go..

Thanks for all the comments and help guys..

G

gettogro

IMG 4983
IMG 4998
IMG 4999
IMG 5001
IMG 5002
IMG 5003
IMG 5004

Well I know it wasnt overwatering.. I have been flooding the crap out of these plants everyday for the past week. Now I can resume a normal feeding schedule as the ph seems to be in check..

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What kind of prep work are you guys having to do? I could mix my own too. Does the perlite need to be rinsed or soaked to get PH in range? Or can you just mix, plant and water.. And its good to go from there.. No crazy initial high ph?

I dont mind the work but I just used 200 gallons ow water washing and soaking the GS-3 to get it in acceptable ph range. I have to truck in the water to this spot so I need something that I can just mix and go..

Thanks for all the comments and help guys..
I've never done any prep work on the canna coco.....never had any issues with it at all. I also have a bit of Gold Label coco as well....cause they were out of canna at the time. I have been thinking of adding some hydroton to my mix when I switch over to beds. Otherwise....been rocking the same coco for over 3 years now with no issues.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hola,
I am in a public internet spot so it is hard to see your pics. Your nute line is high in N which makes it harder on the root sys. I find I needed more wt/sq ft running aquaflakes. I used very little part A and only in veg dropped in completely in flower.
I have waited to see those pics but there are a lot of kids in here and this is my village so I can not pop those pics up.
I am used to growing trees so my method is a bit different. Once I pull my girls from the cloning area I put them in 2 gal pots or so for 10-12 days. By then that pot is getting full and I then put them in 20 gal buckets (Chow grow) When over 7days in the 2 gal I am watering 3x a day. I water just a bit going into 20 gal and mainly down the sides. after 2 weeks I am at 2x then I just add as needed ending up watering 4x winter/5 or 6 in AUG per day. When my girls look a bit sluggish I watch my log notes for the last week. For ME it is caused by hoping I added the right ammount when upping my feed ppms. I notice less ppm taken from the rez and higher runnoff. I will then give it a tonic of a fulvic/kelp spray and a plug formula for a few days.
As lumen shock well you know I do not buy that philosophy. I raise my lights the day of transplant and I do that towards the end of the light cycle. By the end of the next day they are on schedule of my torture chamber. I use a lot of floor fans,not a believer in wall fans much.60/40. I use fresh air at night but you ned a good dehuey to stop the high rh fluctutions from night transpiration.
Hope all is well,I just made a big batch of blond bubble for .80/gr. and there is a swell.
Hope it works out for you, JK

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jalisco Kid

One more thing I do but for to metion here. When I water at light off I use 1/3 of what I feed during lights on. This helps balance my feeding and pH. I figured I would say this here as I would bet you have the equipment laying around to do that. Suerte JK

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Almost every time I've seen people having problems with coco is when they're using the "sawdust" ultra fine grade. Very tiny particle sizes that tend to clump. It seems everybody using the Coco that is extremely coarse and looks like "dime sized" chips/croutons do not seem to experience the extreme issues of the people using "sawdust fine grade". Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
P

plz

hey @gettogro! Its awesome to see you're getting things to come around. From your last post, doesn't look as if there's anymore deficiency problems going on.

I noticed you mention using aquaflakes, and not sure what else you may add for nutes.

FWIW, I did some testing back when I was running a hydro shop and also found that one of the main differences between H&G aquaflakes and CoCos is that the Cocos has a nice bump in Ca/Mg. Might also be helpful toward your flowering stage.

Either way keep up the great progress.

Offdarips

Offdarips

nutri field 70/30 homie. good right out of the bag.

I've been running the nutrifield 70/30 and now in fourth week of bloom noticing my ph is dropping going in at 6.2 runoff is 5.5 I was wondering what is causing this? What can I do to correct this?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I've been running the nutrifield 70/30 and now in fourth week of bloom noticing my ph is dropping going in at 6.2 runoff is 5.5 I was wondering what is causing this? What can I do to correct this?

Whats the EC at? Usually pH drop means you can feed more. What nute line?

Top Bottom