Getto Trees Part 2

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Offdarips

Offdarips

We start at 1300 ppm then by the end of the week we go in at 900 ppm so it's kind like a flush. Still trying to figure out why the ph is going down.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Things are looking better. Starting to see some new growth, However the root system isnt growing very fast.
I am a little unsure about when to feed. Seems with the humidity up and the lights dimmed the pots take forever to dry out. I have some OG nute and root pack for the next feeding..

Another issue I think might be causing problems, Is that I was not washing the coco mix before use. I am still getting a high ph runoff. If I water at ph 5.0 I get a runoff of 6.5. I was following the Growstones directions and just using it straight out of the bag. But I think I need to rinse it thoroughly with a low phed water till I get a runoff in the 5-6 range. Their website says "triple washed and buffered, Ready to use" Maybe not.

My first run I went from a 4 inch rockwool cube, with a good size plant and great root system. Straight into the GS-3 mix in a 5 gallon plastic container. I think I watered it a bunch the first day to get the runoff to run clear and a ph in range. I did not do that this time.

I have some clones that are rooted for the run to follow, I think I will run them in 4 inch rockwool cubes along side some small coco pots to see if I can match the growth rate. Ill try to do everything the exact same as I did my first try when I hit over 3 per plant. Same strains too..

The higher you keep your humidity the longer it will take your pots to dry out. Try having a fan blow back and forth over the crowns of the pots and lower you Rh some. They will dry out quicker. Just be sure to keep an eye out lest you get the media too dry.

Golfpuck

Golfpuck

Those were NYCD and Sour Diesel.

I have some wifi going now. And the same crap started happening to the plants again. I think it had something to do with the stale air in the sealed grow room. Whenever I put the plants in the big room they would start to go to shit. The co2 levels were high like 1200 ppms with lights on or off. I had no co2 running at all. I move the plants back to the veg room and they started to bounce back.
Plants would start to get purple stems and stretchy, Started getting yellowing leaves.
I found a way to flush out the air in the rooms. I tapped into the roof drain tube and hooked in a 4 inch duct that pulls carbon filtered air out of the flower rooms and sends it out the roof. Plants seem to be doing much better now.

Anyone have any idea what causes this? Stale air, rising co2. I think this is what has plagued this room the whole time.
Last grow started to turn to crap, Night co2 went up to like 2000 ppms, I hooked up an air ducts and fans to exchange the air between the lights on room with the lights off room. I set the co2 controller to 800 ppms so both rooms stay constant. They bounced back and crushed it.

Im hoping that these wifis make a full recovery. They are looking thin and lanky..

View attachment 462898 View attachment 462899 View attachment 462900 View attachment 462901 View attachment 462902 View attachment 462903 View attachment 462904 View attachment 462905 View attachment 462906
Getto:

I had similar issues going from veg room to flower room and I run sealed rooms with CO2 as well. Exact same issues, i.e., purple stems, stretchy and yellowing leaves. Here is what made the difference:

1. temps of 80 deg F and RH of 70% for first 7 days of flower (up to 14 days)
2. If you were running lights for 24 hours in veg, switch to 18/6 and run 18/6 for first few days when you move to flower room before you flip.

Hope this helps!

G

gettogro

Thanks for all the help and input guys. Much appriciated. Things are looking better now. I think it was the super high ph of the growstone mix. I have plants veging in a House and garden coco / gold label hydrocorn mix. I didnt do any prep work, Runoff was clean and ph in and out was equal. Plants look great for the next run.
This run looks to be decent..

Also built some more nute ph controllers. This transition to DTW coco has bee
IMG 5053
IMG 5055
IMG 5118
IMG 5119
IMG 5120
IMG 5121
IMG 5122
IMG 5123
IMG 5124
IMG 5125
IMG 5137
IMG 5138
IMG 5139
IMG 5167
IMG 5169
IMG 5170
IMG 5171
IMG 5173

O

OGeazy

What size pots are you using and where can I find those vertical lighting cords? I can't seem to find them anywhere and I'm ready to make the switch after seeing this!

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Yeah fuck Growstones! They fucked me up for a second too making my ph go way up. I'll stick with perlite from now on. They were free so I had to try it out.o_O

Looking good @gettogro ! Whats your configuration with that new flat garden? Pots/plants per light?

@Andy Genesis check that out yo!lol

G

gettogro

Last grow wasnt pretty but the yield was still there, I got about a 2.5 avg for the trees, and I did great with my flat garden Gorilla glue hit 15lbs for 8 lights.. All the rooms are reset and looking good. About to flip this weekend.
IMG 5287
IMG 5288
IMG 5290
IMG 5291
IMG 5294
IMG 5330
IMG 5332
IMG 5333
IMG 5338
IMG 5339
IMG 5340
GOPR0259
GOPR0261
GOPR0262
GOPR0263
GOPR0264

G

gettogro

The flat garden has 3 3x3 trays on each side. 8 lights 30 plants. last run was 5 plants per tray in 5 gallon pots. This run I downsized to #2's so I can fit more plants in my veg room. Atd they werent root bound at all in the 5's so I think I can match the output with the 2's with more waterings per day..

Running straight house and garden coco this run..

S

Seed Buyer

What happened to the dehumidifier in the above picture? Looks like it got dropped off a cliff?

G

gettogro

Flat garden is measured in gpw, tree garden is measured in pounds per plant. Depends on what kind of plant count you are comfortable with. The dehuey was clogged up and leaking, I never bothered to put the covers back on, lol looks pretty ghetto, which is fine with me. This grow is looking to be pretty awesome. Dont want to jinx it..
IMG 5399

IMG 5400
IMG 5401
IMG 5403

sixstring

sixstring

yup yup,monsters.where ya at time wise with these now GG ?

Top Bottom