Gfi X Blumble Berry - 1 Month Into Flower

• Thread starter GeneticGiant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

I was lucky enough to be invited to work with an amazing grower and breeder who got me into the hobby. This genetic is one of the pairings I helped produce this year. So far this GFI X Blumble cross is showing great consistency in structure and not too many variations in phenos.
A month into flower under a single Solar Storm 440 and I have got some super sticky dense plants going on with around 400 ppm of Peak Harvest Bloom for the past week.

Gfi x blumble berry   1 month into flower
Madmax

Madmax

Nice.indica by the looks....so this is first one bud...

What kind of yield are you expecting..

Cheers max

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Yes, very heavy indica dominant genetics. These are just some 3 gallon testers I have going in my tent to test these new LED's I just got. I was running a 600 CMH but I was lent a nice Solar Storm and I figured I'd do a test run on the flowering potential of the light. Im expecting around 8 oz off the 4 GFI x Blumbles I have.
The Blumble Berry male that we selected was created from a long breeding process over the last few years by my friend/mentor. Some original Blueberry was popped and bred to some original mumbles, a strain my buddy produced himself over the past 10 years and hes been weeding out the phenos and selected 2 plants, took like 4 cuts and I ended up with one of them.
I was very lucky to be offered the chance to work with his genetics and the pool of genetics hes collected and worked with for a few years. Total he helped me produce 14 different strains that I am going to be testing and working on now. He's definitely gotten me into pheno hunting and vaulting strains haha.

Madmax

Madmax

Awesome..seems i was first to answer your post i think that makes us now friends..can you send me some freebies friend..;)

Jokes aside..when do you think GFI X BLUMBLES Will b on offer to the public.post world wide??.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Looks nice, I like the double test. What is the make-up of the GFI?

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Awesome..seems i was first to answer your post i think that makes us now friends..can you send me some freebies friend..;)

Jokes aside..when do you think GFI X BLUMBLES Will b on offer to the public.post world wide??.

Hoping to stick this out and run a few more batches of seeds to make sure there isn't many variations in phenos and then ill be more confident in saying this is a legit strain I could share with others and be proud of. The 50 best seeds of all the strains we produced are being vaulted for future projects and to just make sure it stays around.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That looks like a few years worth of seeds. You going to be doing large batch grows test?

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

We have a few people running indoor tests. I can't speak for them but I know I gave out around 250 seeds already to our tester buddies and I just got asked for some more haha.
I pop 24 seeds each time I test one strain and select the best 6 for each, adding more plants bi-weekly from when the last harvest was so I can maximize my grow tent. Usually getting about a 25% male ratio at the moment.

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Some of these will definitely be vaulted a while before they get tested fully. We tested 3 of our strains this year outdoor and they did really well considering we had a slightly cloudy summer here in Oregon.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Very cool, thanks for the info. I would definitely stay tuned for any test grows you wanted to journal here. It seems like you are playing with some fine genetics and any offspring should be some fine cannabis.

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Thanks for the compliments. The biggest goal right now is the try to focus on quality. Eventually we hope to become a seed vault/bank that people can trust.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
1st plants pistils, 2nd plants calyxes and 3rd plants leaf colour combined in one would be immaculate :)
Looks great man. Will happily watch this thread and any other possible grow journals..

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Update: Currently 42 days from seed. Looking great so far. I think I can say that I have fallen in love with L.E.Ds. They have come a long way in a few years and a few $65 offbrands are competing with a Solar Storm 440.
Bumped them up to 500 ppm this last week. Using Peak Harvest Bloom as well as some of Alpha Nutes other goodies.

Update
Top Bottom