Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Slow and f ing easy

Twice a day

Just breaking through topping
IMG 20180718 075409
IMG 20180718 075027
IMG 20180718 072203

S

Soulcalsd

I struggled with coco for over a year, started with gh 3 part then moved to cocotek then canna coco nutes . What fixed everything was coming to this forum and learning to ignore the minority that let coco dry and listen to the majority. Now my plants ate thriving with roots like I've never had before. I went through the same thing jumping from technique to technique always thinking I had found the answer with each post I read. Turned out I was just trying everything and sticking with nothing. I would drop your feed to 3/4 or around 350-450 ppm and hit those babies everyday till runoff.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Also checkout grow pot cheaply.com has great coco videos and nutrients schedules . Watch the videos
Cheers brother!

I'm loving it now!

And 6/9 for simplicity is the shit...

Expecially when u have plants at different stages.

I found a new Coco today. It's a Coco in powder and one in fiber. I just did a 50/50 mix of both and washed them precharged with calmag 2ml per gallon

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

As soon as I felt it in my hands. It felt waaaaay better enforcer

It's super light and sponge.

I put 6 of the biggest into two gallon. I need to flower something, I got nothing to smoke but leaf trim.

When I was taking them out of the 1 liter I noticed on the bottom the roots are bombing. On the sides the roots are poking through the Coco but not continuing. Is that bc I should have been watering more times?

I didn't take a picture bc my hands were covered in coco

Enforcer

Enforcer

And how do u deal with transplant? Do u water twice a day or once a day only on rootball for a week and then go to runoff Everytime.
I don’t change my watering at transplant. I just move the drippers to the edge of the pot. This will only water the edge and encourage the roots to seek out water. The coco will wick up water from the edge to moisten the root ball. As the roots fill the walls of the pot, I increase the number of feedings to keep the plant happy.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I don’t change my watering at transplant. I just move the drippers to the edge of the pot. This will only water the edge and encourage the roots to seek out water. The coco will wick up water from the edge to moisten the root ball. As the roots fill the walls of the pot, I increase the number of feedings to keep the plant happy.
Ahhhh ok

I'm on it

Cheers

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

So maybe I'm tripping out but one of girls is starting to yellow on the new growth and doesn't seem to be at the pace of the others. Maybe I'm tripping out but..

3 waterings per day. Every 6 hours.
IMG 20180727 113455
IMG 20180727 113418
IMG 20180727 113408

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Good morning everyone

2 days of 1.0ec and pH 5.9
And they seem to be getting greener. Everything just seems so slow as far as growth.

I trip out on the coconut as well. For example. Lights out yesterday at 22.30

So 3rd water at 20.00
About 400 ml each 2 gallon. Just to get some runoff and it runs off into a tray and I use it in the veggie garden.

This morning at 6 if I pick the 2 gallon pot water will come dripping out. Like wet. I also see that the roots are building up on the bottom of the 2 gallon more than the sides of the pot.
IMG 20180729 065931

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Good morning everyone

This Coco sucks too... As soon as I went three times a day I started developing the same same problems as before... Salt build up

Basically spent the last two days crying. Not really sure what I can do know besides letting it dry out.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

At least the runoff was consistent. 1.7-2 ec with 6 to 6.2 pH
Putting in 1 ec 6 pH

It's 2nd day of just watering in the morning. 3 days ago I used a flushing agent.

Today I am just running 3 liters per pot to try and get the ec down. Water again tomorrow morning

justiceman

justiceman

At least the runoff was consistent. 1.7-2 ec with 6 to 6.2 pH
Putting in 1 ec 6 pH

It's 2nd day of just watering in the morning. 3 days ago I used a flushing agent.

Today I am just running 3 liters per pot to try and get the ec down. Water again tomorrow morning
How are the plants looking? Hmmmmm did you start seeing this problem again after you put the plants into the new coco mix you put together? It might be a good idea to do a 1:1 slurry of your fresh unused coco mix, and RO or distilled water. Then test it with an EC meter to see if there is still a bunch of residual salt left in your coco mix. It's possible that the coco was not washed thoroughly enough.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

How are the plants looking? Hmmmmm did you start seeing this problem again after you put the plants into the new coco mix you put together? It might be a good idea to do a 1:1 slurry of your fresh unused coco mix, and RO or distilled water. Then test it with an EC meter to see if there is still a bunch of residual salt left in your coco mix. It's possible that the coco was not washed thoroughly enough.
I didn't do a test this time. I just flushed a shit load of pH tap water through it and 2 ml per gallon calmag at the end.

I thought the same thing because it was just after transplant. Got the Coco in a slurry test right now

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Plants did the same thing as before. Yellowed then rusted leaves to death.

Top Bottom