Gh Crashing 911

• Thread starter dread808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dread808

dread808

I'm 30 days into flowering it's very cold these days using propane for heat wondering if I'm poisoning them at this point PPM seem okay major wilting leaves folding curling not normal at all!

Gh crashing 911
Gh crashing 911 2
dread808

dread808

More info please. Temp, humidity etc.
Just that 10 full days of sun here in Dorris California at 4000 feet Greenhouse hits 83 or so during the day when the sun is out humidity is relatively 30% Greenhouse increases and humidity 15 more points roughly at night earlier this week he went off on a 15-degree night after watering that day plants nearly froze flowering however seems to be going okay it looks to be a little behind if not on schedule but as you can see from my photos massive limp out I'm wondering if I should give big haircuts

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I have little to no greenhouse experience but ide say your biggest problem is humidity and temperature. I’d nip that problem in the bud as quickly as possible. Them ladies are stressed out.

Freshone

Freshone

One of the problems with propane heating or co2 generators is a byproduct of the burn is ethylene which will screw up your plants and have you chasing all kinds of phantom deficiencies,fresh air will usually remedy or help if its ethylene,Good Luck!

dread808

dread808

I have little to no greenhouse experience but ide say your biggest problem is humidity and temperature. I’d nip that problem in the bud as quickly as possible. Them ladies are stressed out.
Going to run mad dehumidifiers tonight
Are you using a vent free propane heater? I use it in my garage grow never had any issues.
no vent on my heaters I think I may just cut my losses there so far gone
Are you using a vent free propane heater? I use it in my garage grow never had any issues.

dread808

dread808

Looks like items getting too cold in there. I doubt it is any type of poisoning. Also may be overwatering but I'd bet ur temps are too low at night.
Able to maintain 60 65in Greenhouse overnight don't think it's a temp issue things are getting worse my healthiest plants are now suffering I'm over it

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like the plants were frozen or frosted. It could be carbon monoxide issues from the heater, as plants are pretty sensitive to it. I agree with the earlier post regarding no poisons being responsible, with the exception being the unvented propane heaters, which also can pump out CO2 along with CO. It DOESN'T look like a fertilizer issue to me.

dread808

dread808

It looks like the plants were frozen or frosted. It could be carbon monoxide issues from the heater, as plants are pretty sensitive to it. I agree with the earlier post regarding no poisons being responsible, with the exception being the unvented propane heaters, which also can pump out CO2 along with CO. It DOESN'T look like a fertilizer issue to me.
The actual biggest problem here is is I'm 30 days into flowering on November 17th I should be sitting in my warm heart with all my trimmers having a nice time instead of trying to pull this bumper crop off

dread808

dread808

The actual biggest problem here is is I'm 30 days into flowering on November 17th I should be sitting in my warm heart with all my trimmers having a nice time instead of trying to pull this bumper crop off

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
or whatsapp
What type of lighting are you using? Do you have overhead lighting or just side lighting thru the window? I have had some look similar when getting only side lighting, but they look like they were pretty bushy before this problem showed up.Some photos look like freeze damage and some don't. you haven't fertilized recently have you? Too much fertilizer will draw moisture out of the plants, causing the drooping leaves and general damage. Please provide as much info as possible.

dread808

dread808

What type of lighting are you using? Do you have overhead lighting or just side lighting thru the window? I have had some look similar when getting only side lighting, but they look like they were pretty bushy before this problem showed up.Some photos look like freeze damage and some don't. you haven't fertilized recently have you? Too much fertilizer will draw moisture out of the plants, causing the drooping leaves and general damage. Please provide as much info as possible.
yes, I gave them a feeding last Monday mild at best I gave them 0-10-10 and organic Maui molasses and i ph my water at 6.7 the garden froze on Monday evening the plants exfoliated a lot of moisture that evening I pre warm my water to 70 degrees which I'm sure didn't help the humidity Factor when my heat shut off. I just recently did a watering 72 hours ago on half of my plants to see if it was a lack of water issue I used 45 gallon black smart pots roughly each watering each pot gets 4 gallons with these cooler temperatures I have only been watering once a week for last month I feel like I have driven off the Golden Road of unlimited devotion... LOL I currently have HPS Lighting in my tent but I have not been using it lately due to the fact our days have been really sunny however I do snap them on on cloudy mornings which we haven't actually had too many Mahalo for all your responses

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The new growth looks good...it's hard to say what is going to happen with the wilted leaves. At this point, I would sit back and see what happens. Things are going to grind to a halt until the plants recover somewhat, but I'd go another week to see what happens. It might recover quickly since they don't really look any worse from the earlier pictures. The more I look at the 1st pictures, the more I think it was a cold injury.
I HATE to throw away any plants, so if you have the room to keep them going, I would give them a few more days and see how they react before making the decision to whack em or let them go. If you have the ability, I'd start some new plants while waiting for the current batch to decide what it is going to do.
yes, I gave them a feeding last Monday mild at best I gave them 0-10-10 and organic Maui molasses and i ph my water at 6.7 the garden froze on Monday evening the plants exfoliated a lot of moisture that evening I pre warm my water to 70 degrees which I'm sure didn't help the humidity Factor when my heat shut off. Mahalo for all your responses

M

MendoFyah

I'm 30 days into flowering it's very cold these days using propane for heat wondering if I'm poisoning them at this point PPM seem okay major wilting leaves folding curling not normal at all!
Aloha Dread, it doesn't look like propane is issue. Propane make CO2 and CO1, so they like it! Cold can stress out plants and make them lock out etc. Be careful they can uptake water nutrients differently. I'm assuming below 50 F, make don't over water and get it warm in there!!!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man they are sure as heck hurting.
Our greenhouses we run a few propane heaters along with furnaces up top. The extra co2 doesn’t seem to hurt them but we have a few thousand plants in there. I would not let a plant day vs nite temp vary more then 15dg f. Keep her above 55 at all costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom