Ghetto Grown

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

First haircut: I appreciate any thoughts here on top/fim or not. My thinking, top the tall one, fim the ones that are branching already at each node. All have a fifth node except the dwarf has four. Combined the lights, still 18/6, indirect fan 24/7, cut and water in the next 24 hours.

FC187050 3F81 47D4 947B E821A4203E4C
6B9764B9 D157 4067 85A9 DA271F824CA9
9D4EA87A 689B 4661 9562 DAAC39E4F548
Madbud

Madbud

Pinching the bottom growth on the fim and topped plants, they won’t do much down the road compared to higher branches. Have another top that would make nice clone but need higher temps or a heat tray. Twelve days since they were watered other than mist, think its time.

Madbud

Madbud

Week later, the fim has more new growth, doubles the branches. The topped plant shows thicker branches with larger fan leaves but only two branches at top:

Madbud

Madbud

Moving day! Low temps in the 40’s, bright sun, very healthy plants. Topped the fim, it looked weird and reminded me of some of last year’s plants that weirded out in flower. Topping is old-school tried and true. Tasting the tops, the dwarf (in front) is definitely that pine-scented strain from last year.

Madbud

Madbud

Biggest rookie mistake, rushing. See it all the time, overwatering, too many nutes, chop too soon, you name it....slow down!!!
I put these girls out too soon and they are paying the price in gusts up to 20 mph, looks bad, all stressed and no point bringing them back in. Just flowering weeds so they’ll survive, but a huge mistake.

Madbud

Madbud

Girls are getting “hardened” with two days of wind and rain coming, not a nor’easter but they’ll see that too. Staked and looped some rosebush string about halfway up the taller ones but my moneys on the dwarf if her roots hold. Wicked strong yesterday, we’ll see in a couple days, good weather coming for the weekend.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I like to use a different light, to encourage shorter growth, when starting my seedlings. A cheapo LED will do the job. I also like to put them out sooner, when they ae shorter, so the wind has less leverage on them. I know, too late to help, just saw this. But lessons for next year. If you stake them well, they may come back just fine. Its a fooking weed...

I just put mine out a couple days ago, they are three weeks old. I've got them in partial sunlight, only direct for a couple hours a day. In a week, I'll move them to full sun.

Madbud

Madbud

I like to use a different light, to encourage shorter growth, when starting my seedlings. A cheapo LED will do the job. I also like to put them out sooner, when they ae shorter, so the wind has less leverage on them. I know, too late to help, just saw this. But lessons for next year. If you stake them well, they may come back just fine. Its a fooking weed...

I just put mine out a couple days ago, they are three weeks old. I've got them in partial sunlight, only direct for a couple hours a day. In a week, I'll move them to full sun.
10-4 on the lighting OldMan, a couple stretched because i angled the lights over them and am now convinced closer is best, like 4” instead of 16”. Wind gusts? Let’s just say they’re hardened now. On the plus side there won’t be any need to low stress train or tuck in some fan leaves anytime soon.
Edit: noticing the smaller containers may have affected height, but not necessarily since they were the least healthy seedlings too, hmmmm

3AC27C63 A420 4289 81C6 255410B2EA6A
CB08A7A0 1789 470C 82CB 68F75104B2BD
069F7A31 2CAF 4F8A AE23 C73635DC54D8
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

10-4 on the lighting OldMan, a couple stretched because i angled the lights over them and am now convinced closer is best, like 4” instead of 16”. Wind gusts? Let’s just say they’re hardened now. On the plus side there won’t be any need to low stress train or tuck in some fan leaves anytime soon.
Edit: noticing the smaller containers may have affected height, but not necessarily since they were the least healthy seedlings too, hmmmm
I wouldn’t be all that concerned with the wind, you got your stakes in place they’ll bounce back, but the issue is you got them in five gallons outside, that’s cool but if you’re draining into your wet lawn from the weather outside that soil ain’t gonna dry up when the grounds wet, the water has no where to go. Put some bricks under them till they get bigger if you’re gonna leave ehm out, or use hempy pots

Madbud

Madbud

Hi Rhino, the 1/4” weep hole is on the side, an inch off the ground and in a layer of gravel. The surface soil is easy to aerate and dry. Maybe try some kind of bag if cloning works out.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Hi Rhino, the 1/4” weep hole is on the side, an inch off the ground and in a layer of gravel. The surface soil is easy to aerate and dry. Maybe try some kind of bag if cloning works out.
Ah well alright I stand corrected!

Madbud

Madbud

Aerating the top couple inches, helps drying and prevents gnats from laying eggs. Leaving the top 2” of the original planter intact should protect the root ball from damage. Some wind burn, couple big fans lost but they’ll thrive now.

DA13BD5D 6CB1 42C8 9AE3 B0CD5F67F605
12AB266F 3CB4 44CC 9D65 DC3D8CBCACD0

Latest posts

Top Bottom