Girl Scout Cookies, The True Story...............

• Thread starter Schwoop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schwoop

Schwoop

A1 Nutes & G.O.D Seeds
The true shall set you free!! Have at it farmers. :D

The true story of Girl Scout Cookies.
G.S.C. is C.P.K.
I only know of six people who KNOW the real story. Me, my wife, the two drivers, Berner and Jigga.
St. George (not his real name) is a killer breeder north of Laytonville. He crossed Cherry Pie with Chemdog and called it CherryPieKush. It had a couple phenos, I settled on what is known as cookies. He gave it too a few of us and asked us not to call it Cherry Pie Kush yet because it was not stable and threw a few seeds. When the driver reached Berners he asked Berner to not call it CPK, Berner was eating actual girl scout cookies when it arrived and said it tasted like girl scout cookies. The day it showed up he named it and marketed it as girlscoutcookies. If you can find it in youtube comments you will see that when I quized Jigga he admits (We call that pre-cookies). Im sure they have front crossed it.
But as far as them saying that they created the strain, thats bullshit. They need to give at least Chemdog his credit even if St. George wants to remain silent. Early in life it smells like lemon pledge (thin mints?) but if you wait till it is ready the smell changes to the cherry pie smell.

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

If they made the cross themselves and searched through the seed's to get there clone only pheno they "created" the strain.There are other's who simply change the name's of a strain and declare it there own.

Last edited:
urban1026835

urban1026835

Outstanding I am going to get me some popcorn....let the fun begin.

just my opinion but I never liked the whole sound of the F1 business I mean what breeder would name any plant in his collection just f1 knowing how confusing that would be explaining f1 what.

I know i know like a jet f1 blah just doesnt make sense and I know nothing about what the real truth is just what does and doesn't sound kosher is all.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

see i heard that girl scout troop #420 was guerilla growing a crop out in florida... and fed these bagseeds lemon crunchers in veg and chocolate thin mints in flower....
but really i think the credit would still go to Jbrand, cause without him Chemdog would of never got the 2# of CO dog bug or whatever in the first place... sad but true
there is so much shit in the water i dont even know if i can open my eyes anymore... or know who to listen to... i dont really know you or anything, but being that you came out with this story as statement....

what can you PROVE? any early pics of cherrypiekush or this legendary growers gardens or anything? does that grower still agree that its Urkle from jamal in it and not GDP....? i need to know more haha

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

and sorry i re-read my post i had no intentions of being hostile. i just say that because the first time i tried GSC, before anyone even told me what was in it my first thought was "this is the durban i smoked in high school!!!" so i didnt buy the drama as drama, because ive tasted that exact taste before in durban

sox

sox

and sorry i re-read my post i had no intentions of being hostile. i just say that because the first time i tried GSC, before anyone even told me what was in it my first thought was "this is the durban i smoked in high school!!!" so i didnt buy the drama as drama, because ive tasted that exact taste before in durban

id have to agree with you about the durban...ive been saying it way before that stupid video came out.

hempmerican

hempmerican

I'm growing Durban and Thin mint cookies. from harborside health. Side by side I can definitely smell the Durban's influence.

My personal prefer is the Durban. The high is more "soaring" and I find it excellent for waking up and keeping motivated and focused. I'll take the cookies when I want to unwind.
durban_w6-jpg.416032

Durban Poison day 49 of flowering

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey guys!

Thank you for this thread. Very interesting indeed.
I love this strain and smoked it at different occasions in Amsterdam (Thin Mint and Platinum and perhaps the Forum too - not so sure about that one). So I decided to buy an auto version of it (Fastbuds) for my second grow and gave it a go. First it started out as a mutant lol, but then she stabilised somehow. I harvested less than a week ago and the buds are already ready and I've smoked some, and what I can say is that there is definitely a Cherry Pie taste, not a 'Cookie' taste. Honestly, I don't even know what 'Cookies' taste like. I mean, there are a thousand different cookies tastes and types...
So reading your post makes lots of sense now that I smoke my GSC and that she tastes like Cherry Pie! There is some purple cues on it by the way, probably giving it some more of the berry/grapey taste.
Anyways, thanks for sharing!
Peace,

S

starduster

I just wanted to update this. I recently read one of the Gage guys spoke with St. George and was informed the GSC father had been incorrectly identified. Apparently it wasn’t Elite’s Snowdog male, it was a Paki Chitral Kush. I hope someday St. George comes out of the darkness and does an interview to set the record straight.

The facts are:
1) Berner was a rapper working at The Hemp Center
2) Breeding was not common in 2008. F1 stands for filial 1 and is a very common term in breeding. I know of zero breeders who would name any strain “F1”.
3) Cherry Pie Kush is prone to hermie, as is most of its out-crossed descendents. It is not unusual to find bag seeds in GSC. My guess is that’s how we ended up with so many early Cookie phenos like OGKB, Thin-Mint, PCG Cookies, Forum cut, Platinum Cookies, etc.

Someday soon science will tell us the truth. I have most of the original phenos as well as several of their suspected parents. So it wouldn’t be very difficult to see a pattern.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Breeding was common in 2002 when I started growing. In fact it was exploding at that time. I got to meet several of them who are currently dominating / flooding the market when they were first starting up. Many of the old school breeders like Breeder Steve got out due to all the BS by the Seedbank’s ripping him off or stealing his genetics and renaming them as their own. Pollen chucking is not a recent phenomenon.

Don’t get me wrong. The state of genetics overall is better now than it was back then but it’s very muddy and origins are fairy tales at this point. Unless you obtain landrace genetics you have no idea what you’ve got. I remember growing out several garbage strains back in the early 2000s. Sure they still exist but they aren’t as popular as they once were.

However I have seen some disturbing trends that rub me the wrong way.

Auto flowering ruderelis is one of them. Maybe I’m just old but controlling when a plant flowers is a huge feature.

Feminized seeds also point to laziness of breeders and growers. I can’t believe growers would buy those over their regular counterpart. I remember when it was only done to clone only strains as a means to spread the genetics to those who couldn’t obtain clones. Now it’s a market all it’s own and lots of folks choose it over the regular seeds so they don’t have to mess with male plants.

I’m sorry but male plants are part of the process. It’s the cost of doing business. But sheer laziness has proliferated hermie prone genetics into an already muddy genetic pool.

Sorry for the rant it’s just this topic has been beat to death over and over. Unless someone comes in and claims they created something then it’s hear say bullshit.

Last edited:
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

"I just wanted to update this. I recently read one of the Gage guys spoke with St. George and was informed the GSC father had been incorrectly identified. Apparently it wasn’t Elite’s Snowdog male, it was a Paki Chitral Kush."

not to be dismissive but the truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the truth doesn't seem to rest with GGG & CO. which Gage dude spoke to the dude known as saint george ?

@starduster since i have never heard the story that the OP told or of st. george mind you. here's a question for you since u infer you know this dude or know of him.
what strains has this killer breeder mad to date ?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The biggest joke is most of the clones that float around today are from old seed stock from like 88-94 in one way shape or form from the sensi/sssc/posi days. This story is going to be like 95% of the other stories out there. There wasn't some mass breeding program for this. Something hermied and ended up getting a good pheno out of it. All the other shit tacked onto it is for hype and the brand associated with it.

But even a better question is who cares. It's not like GSC is some grail ass strain. It's popular cause rappers rap about it. 20 years from now I wouldn't be like " God damn I wish I knew someone who was still holding that"

Krypto

Krypto

G.S.C. is C.P.K.
I only know of six people who KNOW the real story. Me, my wife, the two drivers, Berner and Jigga.
St. George (not his real name) is a killer breeder north of Laytonville. He crossed Cherry Pie with Chemdog and called it CherryPieKush. It had a couple phenos, I settled on what is known as cookies. He gave it too a few of us and asked us not to call it Cherry Pie Kush yet because it was not stable and threw a few seeds. When the driver reached Berners he asked Berner to not call it CPK, Berner was eating actual girl scout cookies when it arrived and said it tasted like girl scout cookies. The day it showed up he named it and marketed it as girlscoutcookies. If you can find it in youtube comments you will see that when I quized Jigga he admits (We call that pre-cookies). Im sure they have front crossed it.
But as far as them saying that they created the strain, thats bullshit. They need to give at least Chemdog his credit even if St. George wants to remain silent. Early in life it smells like lemon pledge (thin mints?) but if you wait till it is ready the smell changes to the cherry pie smell.
I read this whole thing almost verbatim on $eedfinder 6 months ago, except it doesn't mention connesuor genetics....just sayin

amsterdammer

amsterdammer

First time on the forum for a while and jumped straight into this fun thread.
As I have been breeding since 1996 and learned from people like Eddie from the Flying Dutchmen, Simon from Serious Seeds and Tony from Sagarmatha who have been breeding since the 1970´s onward.
Eddie had Durban in his genetics library since the 80´s and is still regarded as one of the few holy grails for breeding.
Will we ever know what cookies are made of, same as a few other mysterious but legendary strains we are relying on conflicting sources, science will aid a little but I am sure that it will show a blurred family tree as I am sure few in- or out-breeding sessions must have occurred.

Kwilburn525

Kwilburn525

G.S.C. is C.P.K.
Do you know how old Jigga is exactly???

GhostFaceTiller

GhostFaceTiller

Do you know how old Jigga is exactly???
The people that knew him called him Crystal George because he owns a Crystal and rare jewelry shop in Willits which is near Laytonville but I’m pretty sure he used his Pakistani Chitral Kush male that he brought out from Philadelphia to pollinate the cherry pie around 2008 or so..the cherry pie kush was definitely the bagseed that created the GSC though but I don’t know about the validity of this story. Alan Adkissin is the one that sold berner the seeded elbow of cpk..GGG also has the George’s cut of cpk that they use as the backbone to a lot of their new genetics..feel bad for George though

Top Bottom