Girls In A State Of Emergency

• Thread starter Newbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbgrower

1. Hi all,
    I'm a long time reader Of The forum and have been amazed by the helpfulness Of The members and the wealth of knowledge available... so I decided to join up. I'm wondering if any of you can offer me some assistance as my girls are in a state of sos
    I'm growing in 100% coco using Canna Coco a and b, supplementing with cal mag, Rhizotonic and cannazyme following their "light feeding" recommendations on the official grow guide. I'm in week 4 of veg from seed the girls are in 15l pots with approx 10ltr of medium in each, I'm watering with nutrients every other day at ph between 5.5-5.8 making sure to get reasonable run off.
    I've got 2x "900w" (actual power 4520w) viparspectra LEDs running on veg only and a 600w MH currently running at 250w all on 20/4 schedule. Temps don't ever exceed 27C.
    Everything was going great until approx 5 days ago, I discovered slugs were eating my ladies, I treated with slug pellets on the floor of the tent and sprinkled some on top of the medium in the pots with the girls.
    I've got problems and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I've attached a load of pictures.
    Please help!

img-20171122-wa0013-jpg.759612

img-20171123-wa0004-jpg.759613

img-20171123-wa0006-jpg.759614

img-20171123-wa0007-jpg.759615

img-20171123-wa0007-jpg.759616

img-20171123-wa0003-jpg.759617

img-20171123-wa0009-jpg.759618

N

Newbgrower

Try getting your PH between 5.8 - 6.4 this higher ph should make calcium more available for your ladies. my opinion ph for coco should be in this range. I keep mine 6.0 6.2
Thank you for replying, I water at 5.5-5.8 but when I check run off it is regularly over 6. The problem started a few days ago and I started to flush as I suspected nute burn.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I'm NO expert. I see signs of over watering and what I think is ca-. I don't pay any attention to my runoff. It always freaked me out to see my runoff with a ppm so high that my blue lab won't read it lol.
Over and under watering looks a lot alike to me so only you can judge. You can over water coco... You might try letting them dry up a little but not dry out. To dry will kill your roots and stall the growth. Kinda a fine line that you will get with some time.
Try not to overthink things and be patient it's just a fucking weed that wants to grow if we just get the fuck out of the way. lol.
Good luck and keep researching you will get this.

N

Newbgrower

The burned tips and edges and generally sad leaves made me suspect nute burn, do you think this is this not the case and I've simply been watering too much?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Also I see many people water every day in coco and the general consensus is that it is really difficult to overwater
Its called trial and error, or more commonly called getting it "dialed in" With coco you can feed daily the trick is based on your groom temps and air flow how much to water/feed without like stacker said not letting your roots dry out all the way. When they dry too much the fine root hairs die off and it stalls growth. But you CAN overwater as well. Cannabis prefers a wet dry cycle, but again it takes some dialing in to find your balance. Also keep in mind your water/feed requirements will change as the plants goes into flower and start stacking bud sites. And then they will back off the water required as they enter senescence.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Here's what I'm doing for reference. I'm in 70/30 coco/perlite mix. I'm in week 2 of flower. I auto feed 3 times a day, for two minutes each. I would suggest for you, start feeding every day. Don't alter your schedule yet, just start feeding on your plan water days. I suspect the daily changes in the salinity of your medium may be causing you problems. I would recommend you feed lower EC (around .8 - 1.0) every day, with a weekly "mini flush". Your mini flush is only one hand watering with beneficial microbes and an enzyme product, no nutes. This should stabilize the root zone and still provide a flush weekly for any built up salts.

Here is a link to my grow. As we're in the same medium, you may find some of it helpful.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/white-widow-400w-grow.92060/

Good luck.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Hey, if you had slugs check the roots too. Those mfers can get in the root balls and kill your plants. It happened to me once

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
  1. Hi all,
    I'm a long time reader Of The forum and have been amazed by the helpfulness Of The members and the wealth of knowledge available... so I decided to join up. I'm wondering if any of you can offer me some assistance as my girls are in a state of sos
    I'm growing in 100% coco using Canna Coco a and b, supplementing with cal mag, Rhizotonic and cannazyme following their "light feeding" recommendations on the official grow guide. I'm in week 4 of veg from seed the girls are in 15l pots with approx 10ltr of medium in each, I'm watering with nutrients every other day at ph between 5.5-5.8 making sure to get reasonable run off.
    I've got 2x "900w" (actual power 4520w) viparspectra LEDs running on veg only and a 600w MH currently running at 250w all on 20/4 schedule. Temps don't ever exceed 27C.
    Everything was going great until approx 5 days ago, I discovered slugs were eating my ladies, I treated with slug pellets on the floor of the tent and sprinkled some on top of the medium in the pots with the girls.
    I've got problems and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I've attached a load of pictures.
    Please help!

img-20171122-wa0013-jpg.759612

img-20171123-wa0004-jpg.759613

img-20171123-wa0006-jpg.759614

img-20171123-wa0007-jpg.759615

img-20171123-wa0007-jpg.759616

img-20171123-wa0003-jpg.759617

img-20171123-wa0009-jpg.759618
BTW Welcome to the farm. I was re-reading your post and checking back and I have to ask you, and please not trying to be a smart aleck, but how in sam hell you getting slugs in your tent??? You run a tent outside??? I thought I had seen and heard it all but this is a next level thing. :D Please clarify.......

N

Newbgrower

BTW Welcome to the farm. I was re-reading your post and checking back and I have to ask you, and please not trying to be a smart aleck, but how in sam hell you getting slugs in your tent??? You run a tent outside??? I thought I had seen and heard it all but this is a next level thing. :D Please clarify.......
I don't know how it happened really, The girls are in a tent in a garage. Maybe they are getting in from under the garage door?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't know how it happened really, The girls are in a tent in a garage. Maybe they are getting in from under the garage door?
Ok now I get it. Isnt the tent zipped up when your not working in it? Any how did you get your issues worked out? Hope you are on a better path now. :D:smoking::cool:

N

Newbgrower

Ok now I get it. Isnt the tent zipped up when your not working in it? Any how did you get your issues worked out? Hope you are on a better path now. :D:smoking::cool:
It was zipped up, or do I thought, it turns out one of the zips from the bottom was broken. I sewed it back together. No resolution, they aren't looking any worse in terms of tissue damage but they are clawing more. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get them back on track?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It was zipped up, or do I thought, it turns out one of the zips from the bottom was broken. I sewed it back together. No resolution, they aren't looking any worse in terms of tissue damage but they are clawing more. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get them back on track?
Reduce your N inputs.........Well if your issue is/was indeed N toxicity it does take a bit to turn that around. Once you get your N levels back on what the gurls need you will notice the new growth will stop clawing. It can take a week or 2 has been my experience.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The leaves that clawed will not repair. Watch the new growth to determine if your actions are correcting the problem.

Are you feeding daily? What EC/PPM?

N

Newbgrower

Do you think that's what it is? It doesn't look like textbook N toxicity to me. . as I understand you don't normally see the burned spots, tips and edges that I've got with a surplus of N. Also they have not been ODed on nutes by any means they are only on 650-850ppm feeds which is why I'm struggling to see what has gone wrong

N

Newbgrower

The leaves that clawed will not repair. Watch the new growth to determine if your actions are correcting the problem.

650-850 ppm every other day. They're big pots and stay moist in that time so no water is given between feeds

N

Newbgrower

Ph is 5.5-5.8. Runoff is regularly as high as 6.4 though

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you think that's what it is? It doesn't look like textbook N toxicity to me. . as I understand you don't normally see the burned spots, tips and edges that I've got with a surplus of N. Also they have not been ODed on nutes by any means they are only on 650-850ppm feeds which is why I'm struggling to see what has gone wrong
No I agree it isnt text book thats why I said if it is or was N. But if you have a handle on your inputs and feel your solid there it has to be something else. The issue with diagnosing is so many maladies can mimic others and vice versa. Now you have to start with process of elimination 1 at a time. Not N so maybe look to C or Mg defish hell it is also difficult to diagnose with online pictures as well.

But getting back to N or nute overdose keep in mind not all strains are nute hogs and sometime we get strains that just dont like even 700 or 850. With that said maybe try backing down on your feed levels by half for a week and see if that helps. I've run strains that didnt like hardly any nutes at all. It is a possibility.!!!

Just go easy with any changes and only try 1 thing at a time until you nail whats up. As if you do too many random things all at once you wont be able to isolate your issue for future runs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom