Girls In A State Of Emergency

• Thread starter Newbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbgrower

No I agree it isnt text book thats why I said if it is or was N. But if you have a handle on your inputs and feel your solid there it has to be something else. The issue with diagnosing is so many maladies can mimic others and vice versa. Now you have to start with process of elimination 1 at a time. Not N so maybe look to C or Mg defish hell it is also difficult to diagnose with online pictures as well.

But getting back to N or nute overdose keep in mind not all strains are nute hogs and sometime we get strains that just dont like even 700 or 850. With that said maybe try backing down on your feed levels by half for a week and see if that helps. I've run strains that didnt like hardly any nutes at all. It is a possibility.!!!

Just go easy with any changes and only try 1 thing at a time until you nail whats up. As if you do too many random things all at once you wont be able to isolate your issue for future runs.
Indeed, would it be advisable to do a light foliar feeding of CaMG with a small amount of P and K? Say 500ppm? That way I'm not causing them to develop other deficiencies by cutting off all nutes for the sake of not adding any N.

Enforcer

Enforcer

650-850 ppm every other day. They're big pots and stay moist in that time so no water is given between feeds
I suspect your medium may be building up salts. It is very important in coco to feed low ppm everyday. The ppm range you're in should be fine for this stage. I would suggest feeding everyday. I know it sounds strange to feed more, but with coco your basically running a hydro system. The more feedings you can get in without causing nute burn, the better growth you get. Coco drys out really fast, so on your non-feed days it's possible it is getting too dry and causing lockout issue. Your ph going in is fine. Don't worry about the ph coming out. I agree with @jumpincactus, only try one thing at a time. I would suggest lowering your ppms a little and wait at least a few days. If you don't have any improvement, try your new PPM levels everyday, instead of every other day. It's all trial and error, and finding out what works for you.

N

Newbgrower

Do far I have eliminated the following
Root rot \ root problems in general
Pests
PH
Heat stress
Humidity
What else is left?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And after reviewing your photos again I dont think its N tox. As your leaf coloration doesnt look like it. N tox is easlily IDed by a dark green coloration almost a bluish green and the leaf tips will turn down radically.

I'll pull some pics of my N tox fiasco as I tend to push mine hard BBIAB.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I cant find my pics, but here is a good example of what N tox looks like

N tox

N

Newbgrower

They certainly have elements of that. With the colouration, clawing and generally cabbage looking appearance. What has caused the various burns? They're all over the leaf edges, tips and in random spots I don't know of anything that would do that

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
They certainly have elements of that. With the colouration, clawing and generally cabbage looking appearance. What has caused the various burns? They're all over the leaf edges, tips and in random spots I don't know of anything that would do that
Sometimes if you foliar and they arent dry when lights come on or if your using insecticidal oils can cause it and even splashing feed water on the leaves can cause some burn. But to be honest without being able to be right there with your gurls and a jewelers scope it is hard to know.

N

Newbgrower

Thanks for everybodys help with this. The problem seemed to be caused by the lights being too close. I raised them up and continued feeding as normal and I am having great results here is a pic from 3 days ago

IMG 20171130 WA0001
Leew421

Leew421

27c is too hot to me. Look for 80 or lower. 20 hours is too much light on. It stresses the plant and cost more. I would switch to a 16-8, plants grow with the lights off. Trim the shit out of all this leaves to open it up some. You may consider a barrier of salt around your tent or at the opening of the garage door

N

Newbgrower

The highest ever recorded is 27, I run it at 24.5 with a controller set to operate the cooling fan as soon as it gets to 24.8. What would you do as far as defoliating is concerned? Remove all the fan leaves?

Leew421

Leew421

If you're in veg, I would remove a healthy amount. Look up swazzi to get an idea of how extreme it can be. I don't go that hard but I definitely clean it up

Top Bottom