Girls Who Grow

• Thread starter SourKay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What ever happened to Seamaiden? How come she disappeared from the forums? I used to read a lot of her posts and learned a fair bit from her. She is a true plant biologist and was a huge asset to the community. I'll admit I was sort of sad to see she doesnt post here anymore when I joined.
She was actually ganged up on and run off by some of those whos names I wont mention. Not to say she wasn't a strong woman because she was. Heart as big as Texas and very knowledgeable. :D

With that said I believe that after all she did and contributed to this site and the newcomers here she just grew tired of the personal attacks of a few of the male roosters in the cannabis barnyard. I had a chance to speak with her at length and along with the frustration in dealing with the my pecker is bigger mentality she also had a bizness opportunity that did not align with being a moderator and she decided to focus on her professional life.

I for one believe she is doing well and found a place where she could shine. If your out there, just know there are many here that miss the hell out of you gurl. :D Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That's "photo of the month" material right there.
I was sort of thinkn that is a "keeper pheno" by anyone's standards.

It is real cool, all BS ing aside, to see more and more women that are entering the game that can and do grow as well or better than men. This industry has been dominated by men for decades and it is refreshing to see the galz step up and claim their rightful place at the table with the rest of us. :D

Again welcome @SourKay pull up a chair and hope you enjoy your time here. :smoking: in closing I see your a solistek fan as well. Do you use their 10,000k finishing bulb?

S

SnowshoeJoe

Whats up everyone! I wanted to take a second to introduce myself and my grow! I used to work in a local hydroponic store for a few years and finally got the chance to put my knowledge to work! Looking forward to seeing more beautiful gardens. :)

This is my last crop of cookie frost/Blue cookies. Using Solis Tek DE, veg bloom, and ready gro. Switched over to my first hydroponic grow which is a learning experience to say the least.View attachment 858167 View attachment 858168 View attachment 858169 View attachment 858164View attachment 858165 View attachment 858166
You're in the running for the perfect woman.

S

SnowshoeJoe

She was actually ganged up on and run off by some of those whos names I wont mention. Not to say she wasn't a strong woman because she was. Heart as big as Texas and very knowledgeable. :D

I learned a lot from sea-maiden over the years. I've been on here under a different name for many years. I had to change it when I move to Canada. Last I heard sea-maiden was in the desert in California. I suspect, and hope, that she was snatched up by you cannabis company to do some growing for them.
With that said I believe that after all she did and contributed to this site and the newcomers here she just grew tired of the personal attacks of a few of the male roosters in the cannabis barnyard. I had a chance to speak with her at length and along with the frustration in dealing with the my pecker is bigger mentality she also had a bizness opportunity that did not align with being a moderator and she decided to focus on her professional life.

I for one believe she is doing well and found a place where she could shine. If your out there, just know there are many here that miss the hell out of you gurl. :D Peace

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, I can sense the man behind the curtain here for sure. The beauty of it is it's just a forum, If I dont like it I'll eventually leave, simple lol.
I've also noticed there is a lot fluffing and high fives, often where some hard truth should be.

Oh well, I'm a guest. I'll happily contribute until I dont.. lol.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yeah, I can sense the man behind the curtain here for sure. The beauty of it is it's just a forum, If I dont like it I'll eventually leave, simple lol.
I've also noticed there is a lot fluffing and high fives, often where some hard truth should be.

People here don’t take criticism very well so we settle for high fives and fluffies.
Not how I was raised. If you the homie we would make fun of your ass till you run to a corner and cry or step up your shit and prove some mofo’s wrong on the next round. That’s the thing about growing, it’s like getting your ass kicked then you get to train for two months until you drop your ego learn to fight and kick that mothers ass.
I’ve been growing almost twenty years and everytime I fuck it up I come back 10x stronger!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
People here don’t take criticism very well so we settle for high fives and fluffies.
Not how I was raised. If you the homie we would make fun of your ass till you run to a corner and cry or step up your shit and prove some mofo’s wrong on the next round. That’s the thing about growing, it’s like getting your ass kicked then you get to train for two months until you drop your ego learn to fight and kick that mothers ass.
I’ve been growing almost twenty years and everytime I fuck it up I come back 10x stronger!

My only problem with that is; constructive criticism is what leads to making improvements, and not just individually but as a group. I dont see it as making fun or disparaging. When someone posts a pic of a plant that's having problems and they dont realize it, I'm never going to be the guy who says it looks great, high five. I'll always give my real opinion whether they want to hear it or not lol.

Fluffing and high fives where it's not warranted just proliferates the woo science that led to them having problems to begin with. It's bad for everyone.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
My only problem with that is; constructive criticism is what leads to making improvements, and not just individually but as a group. I dont see it as making fun or disparaging. When someone posts a pic of a plant that's having problems and they dont realize it, I'm never going to be the guy who says it looks great, high five. I'll always give my real opinion whether they want to hear it or not lol.

Fluffing and high fives where it's not warranted just proliferates the woo science that led to them having problems to begin with. It's bad for everyone.
I wouldn’t take that route with the average meddling internet grower just with people I know. Sometimes it lights a fire under their ass.
I criticize my own grow every round. There is always something that could have went a lil bit better.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wouldn’t take that route with the average meddling internet grower just with people I know. Sometimes it lights a fire under their ass.
I criticize my own grow every round. There is always something that could have went a lil bit better.

Yeah, I dont know. I learned quite a bit from some of the people in forums who you could tell were actually well educated. Seamaiden was one of them. Places like this SHOULD be an information hub for sharing of growing knowledge and having open discussion. Not a circle jerk. Ya know? Or am I being too optimistic? Maybe I should just stick to posting pictures of my plants lol..

Last edited:
S

SnowshoeJoe

Yeah, I dont know. I learned quite a bit from some of the people in forums who you could tell were actually well educated. Seamaiden was one of them. Places like this SHOULD be an information hub for sharing of growing knowledge and having open discussion. Not a circle jerk. Ya know? Or am I being too optimistic? Maybe I should just stick to posting pictures of my plants lol..
I've been on here for awhile. I moved back to Canada a couple of years ago and had to re-register for a new account on the farm. That being said, I've seen a lot of good people come and go. Seamaiden is a legend, learned a lot from her. I hope she was snapped up by a cannabis company in California and is growing well somewhere in the desert of SoCal.
Dirtbag, you're a welcome voice to the forum for me. You know your stuff are respectful and helpful. Hang around and make this place better.

BudBogart

BudBogart

What ever happened to Seamaiden? How come she disappeared from the forums? I used to read a lot of her posts and learned a fair bit from her. She is a true plant biologist and was a huge asset to the community. I'll admit I was sort of sad to see she doesnt post here anymore when I joined.

Yup, she was great. She moved and wouldn’t be able to grow. Very sad. Hope she is doing well.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

lol for some reason that made me chuckle.

Top Bottom