Good Evening

• Thread starter Skylined
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skylined

Good evening everyone. These days I find myself on occasion telling tales that begin with "back during prohibition". I've been going at this for over a decade now, been through a whole lot of insane shit, learned much - and I happily call myself a student still. Perhaps one who has a few things to offer now to help others out. I'm a little old fashioned with some things but I'm working on coming up to speed. Thats my tongue in cheek bit I suppose.

I'm one of the OGs of the Cannabis testing labs and I spent a couple years in Colorado and got to watch both the genesis and the evolution of the whole thing, literally from day 1. I remember the 4 block long, 2 hour lines to the dispensaries on Jan 1, 2014. I went out of the lab during my lunchbreak to talk to all the people waiting in line - and I've never seen a group of people so happy to be waiting in line lol. There was truly a palpable sense among everyone there that day that we were collectively part of an event of historical importance, each of us a small part of something that historians shall write of many years from now. As far as I could see, the earth did not split asunder, the sky did not fall (although it was cold, below freezing and snowing - new years day after all). We gleefully told Smart Approaches to Marijuana to go fuck themselves and cheered as they put away their signs and left. They must have been outnumbered by the people in line buying weed like a thousand to one that day. Extra lulz were had because the dispensary security people were making sure they didn't set so much as a foot on the 'licensed premises', itself a radical notion when used in the same sentence as 'marijuana'.

Back then all we really had to start with was the work done by that clown Mahmoud Elsohly, which is somewhat ironic given his entire raison de tre was to rig data analysis to show how evil and dangerous pot is and our job was to develop safety testing and contaminant detection methods. While I was out west I even got to go to the Denver cup in 2014 - big check mark on the ol' bucket list, hell yeah. It was truly a privilege to have been a small part of an event of such historical importance, as it was to have met many well known people in the cannabis community who fought for years and decades to finally make all of this possible.

Just like many of you here who were part of all this back when it was still totally underground, I too have lost friends, seen them beaten by police, seen people brutally arrested for a damn joint, seen the ruination of innocents who committed no true crime but werent wealthy enough to shake loose the poisoned jaws of the criminal justice system. I've seen the thugs that call themselves peace officers do violence unto the defenseless. I've seen the look on their faces that says they know they'll never be held accountable for evil they put out into the world.

I did what I could for others when I could - many times I've taken weed I could have sold and simply given it to people who were truly ill. Middle aged women with cancer, veterans with leukemia, there've been a few. None of them are alive now, but I will always carry the memory of them with me as I walk my path. I greatly enjoy the fact that my state has passed medical and full legalization laws in rapid succession, but I always tell people be mindful dont do stupid shit. We will never know, not really, how many innocents have been murdered during the decades long crime against humanity that was euphamistically named 'the war on drugs', but I do not take the freedom we now have, or the titanic cost in destroyed lives that it took to get it, lightly.

This is really the first time I've felt it was safe to join a forum like this and thats an awesome thing right there. I hope to learn a lot from everyone here, contribute what I know, be helpful where I can, perhaps engage in some collaborative work, and maybe kick back with a ballistic missile sized spliff and tell some tales that shall no doubt become a tad taller as the years flow by. I'm proud of the small contributions I've made to the Cannabis community in my life, and I like to think there are many chapters yet to write.

Hello everyone!

*drops mic, picks up bong* This is some truly excellent sativa. What was I talking about again?

-Skylined

Top Bottom