Good Outdoor Strains

• Thread starter Crops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crops

Crops

Looking to grow out door in the UK a friend told me get some good outdoor Canada strains need them to be big yielding strains and need to grow in different climates..as The weather is always changing in the UK lol

DGP

DGP

I live in the rainy Pacific NW of the states, very similar climate. Yes read and study what grows in wet areas and is mold and fungus resistant. Ones that finish early are good for our short growing seasons. I build covers that can quickly be deployed if the weather turns. Plant in large but movable pots in case the weather gets extreme. If crazy wind, wet or cold weather is coming you can move them quickly and temporarly.

I am growing cheesequake outside this spring, already in pots in the garage waiting for May. I like indica dominant hybrids or straight up indica cause they finish quicker and are already predisposed to cooler climates.

Used to live and work in East Hertfordshire near Harlow and Bishop's Stortford. Love it there but it does rain a lot indeed.

Dee

Crops

Crops

I live in the rainy Pacific NW of the states, very similar climate. Yes read and study what grows in wet areas and is mold and fungus resistant. Ones that finish early are good for our short growing seasons. I build covers that can quickly be deployed if the weather turns. Plant in large but movable pots in case the weather gets extreme. If crazy wind, wet or cold weather is coming you can move them quickly and temporarly.

I am growing cheesequake outside this spring, already in pots in the garage waiting for May. I like indica dominant hybrids or straight up indica cause they finish quicker and are already predisposed to cooler climates.

Used to live and work in East Hertfordshire near Harlow and Bishop's Stortford. Love it there but it does rain a lot indeed.

Dee
Yo Dee did u uses to live in the uk then lol We live by the north-west coast I’ll do some research on the cheese quake nice talking to you thanks for your reply

DGP

DGP

Lived there for a short while for work. Love your country and miss being there, I want to go back real bad. Not much work in my field available there is the issue. Would like to go just for a visit now and then. Used to love the pubs which are so much nicer than the seedy bars in this country where most are there for a hook up. The pub life there is more family like and love to play darts and snookers with folks or just socialize. Everyone I met there had their "regular".

Cheese quake phenotypes I run are very oily and wonderfully stinky. Of course those fragrant terpenes and oils are part of the plants defense mechanism against molds, fungus and bugs so IMO the oilier Indicas that are good for hash making are the ones that will naturally be more resistant to the wet, cooler environments. There are so many choices that are available it is hard to choose and then finding a seed source in my country that is reliable is a struggle when it comes to finding specific strains I really want. Being close to Holland (and in Europe) it seems it should be quite a bit easier to shop many strains.

I have many hundred CHQ seeds that I saved up from one run that I back-crossed. I got lucky and the F2 hybrid I made is almost entirely feminine. Also, instead of producing the wide variability of an F2 it seems to be extremely stable and produce mostly the bigger higher producing phenos I was originally searching for in the first run. In the first run I saw one plant that produced 23 ounces (wet) (the rest were less than half that) in a plant that was only vegged for 4-5 weeks and she got almost 6 feet tall, was very dense (not stretched out a lot). Been searching for her in the F2 batch and this time I found her and cloned a bunch of them! So I am off to the races with 8 big girls in a deep water undercurrent system and they are 1 week after flip. Got a bunch of clones out growing in veg for the next run which will be outside:)

Dee

Crops

Crops

Lived there for a short while for work. Love your country and miss being there, I want to go back real bad. Not much work in my field available there is the issue. Would like to go just for a visit now and then. Used to love the pubs which are so much nicer than the seedy bars in this country where most are there for a hook up. The pub life there is more family like and love to play darts and snookers with folks or just socialize. Everyone I met there had their "regular".

Cheese quake phenotypes I run are very oily and wonderfully stinky. Of course those fragrant terpenes and oils are part of the plants defense mechanism against molds, fungus and bugs so IMO the oilier Indicas that are good for hash making are the ones that will naturally be more resistant to the wet, cooler environments. There are so many choices that are available it is hard to choose and then finding a seed source in my country that is reliable is a struggle when it comes to finding specific strains I really want. Being close to Holland (and in Europe) it seems it should be quite a bit easier to shop many strains.

I have many hundred CHQ seeds that I saved up from one run that I back-crossed. I got lucky and the F2 hybrid I made is almost entirely feminine. Also, instead of producing the wide variability of an F2 it seems to be extremely stable and produce mostly the bigger higher producing phenos I was originally searching for in the first run. In the first run I saw one plant that produced 23 ounces (wet) (the rest were less than half that) in a plant that was only vegged for 4-5 weeks and she got almost 6 feet tall, was very dense (not stretched out a lot). Been searching for her in the F2 batch and this time I found her and cloned a bunch of them! So I am off to the races with 8 big girls in a deep water undercurrent system and they are 1 week after flip. Got a bunch of clones out growing in veg for the next run which will be outside:)

Dee
Wow Dee you made me smile then u sound like top Guy :D Pal I wish u luck with yr run and happy talking to you ;)..... Crops

DGP

DGP

Thanks brother. I do love growing and I love the UK. I am mostly Irish but I married and English girl, live in the US.

Some of my favorite things:
1. English breakfast with baked beans
2. Benny Hill
3. Monty Python
4. Hyde Park on a sunny day
5. Fish and Chips by the Queen Victoria's fountain
6. Boars Head pub
7. Almost anywhere in London
8. Smoking Cuban cigars and drinking port on the patio watching lawn bowling

Last time I was there I learned something: The reason the English drive on the "wrong" side of the road was most of the knights were right handed and in order to joust with your right hand on horseback you had to ride on the left side of the fence.....Maybe this is true???

Good Gawd I miss the place.....

Dee

Crops

Crops

Hello my buv yes England is good when the weather is okay we live a bit further up in North Wales not sure if you’ve heard of that it’s about 400 miles away from London out in the countryside
Worst things in England lol

1. Weather
2. No laws on cannabis
3. Parliament
4. But definitely the rain ☔

I went on holiday to America about 15 years ago to Florida not sure whether that’s by you or not .. but I can remember the hot weather all the time on Sun shining I think when all my kids grow up I’m going to emigrate over there i’ll be looking into that cheese quake strain it’s coming summer over here now so need to get happy gardening :party1:

Crops ;)

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

45th parallel here. Oregon diesel, blackberry kush, Jaeger, blue city diesel. The only one in seed form still that I know of from the breeder is the blue city diesel from Jordan of the islands. Finishes mid October to late, never seen bud rot, bud rot proof or pretty close to it. The other strains are clone onlys so I guess look for crosses. Good luck.
Edit: just realized your from the UK, would recommend the blue city diesel.

Crops

Crops

45th parallel here. Oregon diesel, blackberry kush, Jaeger, blue city diesel. The only one in seed form still that I know of from the breeder is the blue city diesel from Jordan of the islands. Finishes mid October to late, never seen bud rot, bud rot proof or pretty close to it. The other strains are clone onlys so I guess look for crosses. Good luck.
Edit: just realized your from the UK, would recommend the blue city diesel.
Where is best to get the feminised seeds from for this blue cheese diesel

Top Bottom