Not the best photo but fairly developed at 34 days

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
looking good man!! hows the smell?

zeke

zeke

Very similar to the gg4 sample that I tested. Rich earthy with a hint sweetness that is suggestive of vanilla and coffee like tones. Similar trichome coverage as well. Gotta love S1s. Some phenos are dead ringers. I culled the majority of the pack due to intersexed expressions. Given the lineage of the GG4 I figured it was not unlikely. I'm left with 3 or 4 and I've got two phenos. Most of the pack was pheno 1 which is very similar to GG4. The other pheno is long and pointy. Same rich smell just super pointy.
Of course I purchased these before everyone and their brother had the GG4 but I'm happy with the knowledge gained. Now I'm aware of the potentially potent pointy pheno that crosses of the original GG4 should throw. The resin on these bitches is right there with the white S1s from Raskal next to them. That and the flavor should persist in the progeny. I'll certainly be using the GG4 for a parental despite the intersexed issues. Selection is your friend.

william76

william76

Yep,i found 1 or 2 on one of mine too,the smokes divine as well,think it's close to the clone only zeke?i just got the clone,but im still keepin the 2 s1 phenos I found,potency is there too,i get a nice lemony funk from mine,one even smelt like a turkey dinner,nuts,but I like it!all the best,76

zeke

zeke

I used to "feel" the same way about shit. Then I decided to stick to the scientific method. After experimenting I've come to realize that a good plant is where you find it. If you know anything about GG#4 then you know it's parental history is all intersexed. Just like all the Chem, OG and white. You know, everything the market wants. I see a correlation. The choice you are left with is work with what people want and deal with the few problems that arise or don't. There is no denying the awesomeness of these plants. They are the next level.

All cannabis has intersexed traits somewhere in the woodpile. How hard is it to cull a few duds? I'm trying to grow herb people like, shallow I know. I'll leave "saving the gene pool" to people that aren't scientists and using tiny insignificant populations of low grade "pure" stock. Collect, combine and cull. Works well for me. S1 aren't for breeding. They are for exploring the potential of a future parental, at least that's how I see it. Hopefully this thread won't turn into a retard festival of fem nazi self abusers...fundamentalist fuckwads just aren't all that conducive to knowledge or conversation.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Trying my hardest not to be a fuckwad... Ive grown my fair share of S1's, they serve their purpose. Just sucks 5-6 out of 10 have to hermie. ESP at $20 a seed. Feminized seeds should be $2 a seed and you should get a 20 pack. That way maaaaybe you coulda found a GG4 pheno not full of pollen for $200.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The other great thing about S1's are they give people a chance to grow out an elite when you can't trade for clones. Me personally, I have access to pretty much anything I want. Otherwise the S1's are great for people without access. In a pack of 10-20 you might find a keeper very similar to the mother used.

BTW Zeke - Very nice looking lady you got going there. Nice work.

Quagmire

Quagmire

I found a shite load of information in this site that makes me feel like a newbie.. especially since I have no idea what an S1 is? I like the way both sides of this discussion are being talked about guys.. stuff like this helps people like me learn each day.. keep talking, I'm listening.. One thing is for sure, a person really has to watch where they get their beans at now..

Calixylon

Calixylon

As long as it smokes well I'm down. And those plants all look frosty. And if you believe that chem, sour and og all came from seeds that were S1s you can't hate thAt hard, we wouldn't have some of te tastiest strains if people had tossed plants of questionable lineage

covertchem

covertchem

Much agreed brother this cut came from uncle fish stick as gift... I haven't seen seeds as of yet but I'm sure they're out there.. I wanna see green points drop gg4xstardawg.. gave great day

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I found a shite load of information in this site that makes me feel like a newbie.. especially since I have no idea what an S1 is? I like the way both sides of this discussion are being talked about guys.. stuff like this helps people like me learn each day.. keep talking, I'm listening.. One thing is for sure, a person really has to watch where they get their beans at now..

S1 is a mother plant that has been selfed. Selfed = stressed or colloidal silver/STS is used to make a female plant produce pollen. An S1 is when this pollen is used to pollinate the same mother plant. This pollen doesn't have male genetics so the gene selection is cut in half. All the genes come from the mother, so most times the offspring in an S1 cross represents the same genes as the mother. This is a common technique used in elite females clone only. For example, Clone only og kush x clone only Chemdog. You self the og kush so it can be crossed with the chemdog. This isn't an S1 however, s1 is only when the pollen is used on the original mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom