Gorilla Glue #4 S1 From The Hammer

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
50YardLine

50YardLine

Not really, There was a troll. S1 seeds have no more inter sexed traits than f1 do. I rarely get s1 seeds to show inter sexed traits. I have gotten more from f1 seeds.

Really? You must not grasp on what makes a female seed, an all female seed. When you take away 1/2 of the chromosomes, its kind of like having sex with a cousin. Less gene mixing. S1's are proven to have more hermi's than f1's do, no doubt. This is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard from a breeder. A breeder who erases hermi claims, then proclaims S1's are not prone to hermi.........I know where I would never buy my beans from, wow. I suspect this post will be erased as soon as Hammerhead reads it, I am sure.

zeke

zeke

@zeke said he culled most of the pack due to intersex in his second post. He must be trolling in his own thread.
Trip, trap, trip, trap....What? A billy goat can't cross a bridge online without a bit of troll activity online anymore it seems. Way of the world I suppose.

Let me be clear in this post right here. Yes I did cull the majority of the pack due to staminate floral production on a presumably all pistillate population. Same scenario with the pack of Rascals White S1 I ran right next to them. The keepers were nice. Close to the originals that I now have to compare them to. Great deal for someone out of easy clone range in search of the genes. Both hermed to a degree I'd consider to be above average. I ran the entire packs. Both are S1. Both are reversals of clones that are themselves the result of herm action. Go figure. The moms are super good and so are their progeny. If you can't handle culling a few then you probably shouldn't work with these genes until someone works them a bit. For me when I'm running gear from seed for the purpose of evaluation spraying Dutch masters isn't an option. I'm trying to accurately assess the situation not suppress any issues that will just pop up later. I want to eliminate those genes as quickly as possible from the get go. Then hopefully their frequency will decline in succeeding generations rather than proliferate. Got it? Good. Pm me for homo erotic discussions involving the many interesting uses of squid hydrolysate....

H

happy b

I very very rarely get get herms from fem beans.ran properly theyr good but i think with SOME fems stresses can make em herm easier than most regs and gg4 was made with herm plants so its not the manner in which theyr intentionally reversed that makes them unstable but the fact that the genetix are unstable in the first place.@william76 did any of yours throw any nanners?and if so were they out of hand?i would assume not since you kept em.and how do you think they compare to the original?

william76

william76

I popped 3,,found 2/4 underdeveloped on 1,i took them off and they didn't return,but I killed it out after that run,other 2 have been solid,and that's with some high temps temps occasionaly too,itll be interesting to see what's in the rest of the pack,76

zeke

zeke

My shit was hurting for sure. I'll admit. Nobody likes flowering in a gallon bag of coco. Of course all the other 10 or so packs I also ran in the same room at the same time in the same gallons with the same food aren't exactly what I'd refer to as a "control" but you get the idea. Run through whole pack and see. I've still got two s1. I'm still gonna run all my s1,s2,bx experiments with them. The shit is good enough for me to spend more time and money working. Dude saved me a step. Worth $200 bucks any day of the week. Time is $ as you know.

H

happy b

My shit was hurting for sure. I'll admit. Nobody likes flowering in a gallon bag of coco. Of course all the other 10 or so packs I also ran in the same room at the same time in the same gallons with the same food aren't exactly what I'd refer to as a "control" but you get the idea. Run through whole pack and see. I've still got two s1. I'm still gonna run all my s1,s2,bx experiments with them. The shit is good enough for me to spend more time and money working. Dude saved me a step. Worth $200 bucks any day of the week. Time is $ as you know.
i tell you what zeke my 2 gg4 s1 cuts are fucking AWESOME.mega mega dank and not even a sign of intersex traits.some people will complain about anything.but the ones moaning about s1 gg4 havnt even tried em.that does my ffickin box in wen people bitch n wheing about stuff they actually have no clue about.
these glues are dank and thats good enough for me.

G

GrwrGoneWild

The glue!.. I just got a cut of GG4 I cant wait till she flowers, I'll have to say even outcrossed.. GG4 like RedEyes Genetics, "Loctite" its awesome quality.. I cant wait till I see the pure GG4 phenotype.

Good discussion on the GG4 and how S1 could increase the likelyhood of hermies. My understanding is that hermi traits are more likely to be expressed with repeated selfing, (and not to mention inbreeding depression) so it makes sense that reports of the S1 seed stock being working well makes sense to me and would be consistent with some of the stats on hermi probablity.

I am working on the assumption that Hammer had an original cut so any problems shouldn't show in any significant numbers. Or the trait could be supressed with products like DM Reverse or Optic's Switch. Or simply cull the garden for hermies.

Anyways good thread, Im working on my own S1's, GSC, GG4 from the "elites" so I have alot of hope after reading this thread that its worthwhile to produce a seed as a backup for my moms. Or to be used as stock for outcrossing.

G

GrwrGoneWild

Trying my hardest not to be a fuckwad... Ive grown my fair share of S1's, they serve their purpose. Just sucks 5-6 out of 10 have to hermie. ESP at $20 a seed. Feminized seeds should be $2 a seed and you should get a 20 pack. That way maaaaybe you coulda found a GG4 pheno not full of pollen for $200.

I'm with you on this one..

In standard seeds, we cull males,
In S1's we cull herms, so...

At the very least S1's should have the same price as a standard seed.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

LMAO at numb skulls that claim reversal permanently induces or inceases the likelihood of herms. Its all about the way genes and chromosomes pair up.

If the genes for intersex traits already exist then sure S1 can be more likey to have intersex traits by increasing the frequency of herm related chromosomes in the possible offspring but this is also true of regular bred seed as well if the mother and father both carry herm genes. But if the parents of S1 or fems DON'T carry those genes then apart from stress or outside chemical inducement then the generational plants from these seeds won't be intersex.

Too much superstition and old hippies tales about fem seed and not enough real science (real science is more than using jargon to appear educated) being spread in the canna world. STS, colloidal silver and gibberellic acid change morphology not genealogy. The amazing thing about plants is that their cells carry the ability to become any part of the plant with the correct stimulus ala cloning where hormones, moisture and darkness result in root formation from a previously aerial part of the stem. Genes control the timing and amount of natural hormonal stimulus to determine whether a plant is "male" or "female" or intersex for that matter.

Inducement of male flowers on female plants is a result of blocking the auxin and ethylene receptor mechanism inside freshly forming cells resulting in higher levels of gibberellins and causing the morphology of these cells to take on staminate (male) characteristics. An analogy might be giving a woman testosterone above her natural levels resulting in increased facial hair, muscle tone etc or giving a man oestrogen which causes things like gynaecomastia (bitch tits) and decreased aggression levels. While these individuals outside appearance may change their genes and chromosomes do not ie their children would not display these symptoms.

Hope this sheds a bit of light on the subject.

Can you please copy this and put it on my Thread ???
This is so true & bless you for posting this

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Nice pics guys.. No clue why trolls even post in my forum . They know what kind of response they will get just stupid that's why I had not replied. Dealing with them is a total buzz kill.

More pics please
Can I PM you ? I have a few questions

Top Bottom