Gorilla Glue#4

• Thread starter StoneyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

313MMJgrower

I'm going into week 7 and it's putting on its weight now...so I'd say from weeks 7-9 is when they bulk up

313MMJgrower

I run co2

Week 3 and on they stack and stack. Most noticable after week 6. I run all my gg4 and gg4 crosses 69 days.
Awesome and yes I meant the noticeable bulk starting at week 6 and I planned to let em go for 70 days so I'm on the right track...I'll check the trichs at 65 days thru 69-70 days to hopefully find that sweet spot

mandalaman

mandalaman

Does a GG#4 clone always have a purple main stem? Or can this vary from plant to plant?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered, I haven't had time to read the entire thread... yet.. working on it though. :)

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I only check tricks twice. Once on a seed mom....and once again as a clone the next run to get my window dialed. Everything I have either comes down at 65 days 70 days or 75 days as to stagger the harvest 5 days apart in the dry room.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Does a GG#4 clone always have a purple main stem? Or can this vary from plant to plant?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered, I haven't had time to read the entire thread... yet.. working on it though. :)

Mine always have for about 4yrs. Also leaf twist.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Mine always have for about 4yrs. Also leaf twist.

Good to know about leaf twist. Does that rear it's head from the very beginning? I'm seeing it now and was worried. Roots not even through the net pot yet.

IMG 2660
IMG 2661

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Idk about that...it's definitely got signs of gg4 I got major leaf twist goin on and I have not yet saw that on any other plant I've grown...either way it'll be a nice experiment to see how it turns out...thats half the fun...and it could end up being shit who knows but it could also end up being fire ...only one way to find out and I'm doing it..no big deal that it's not a gg4 clone though..I live in Detroit and they're are quite a few people selling gg4 clones that I know of and they're legit so I plan to grab a few of those soon.
The problem with GG4 is that everyone and there dog has one shit there selling GG4 S1 in the UK already does not mean that its anywhere close to original
So unless you got GG4 in clone form and having ties with the mardog circle out east
chances are they might be or there might not be

mandalaman

mandalaman

It came in clone form, and I am out east. I'm fairly certain it is a genuine GG4 cut, but I suppose I won't know for sure until it flowers.

M

marrdogg4

GG4 does not have purple stems, if your stems are always purple you have wrong cut or deficiency.

PEACE!

M

marrdogg4

The problem with GG4 is that everyone and there dog has one shit there selling GG4 S1 in the UK already does not mean that its anywhere close to original
So unless you got GG4 in clone form and having ties with the mardog circle out east
chances are they might be or there might not be
And marrdogg4 hails from out West!

PEACE!

M

marrdogg4

Good to know about leaf twist. Does that rear it's head from the very beginning? I'm seeing it now and was worried. Roots not even through the net pot yet.

View attachment 646354 View attachment 646355
I would say this is not glue, although now that I see, you have major problems going on with that plant, and who knows what it is until the health improves.

People if your growing skills aren't up to par then asking someone if a cut is real is damn near impossible. Health negates growth characteristics, if your plants health is not sufficient labeling a correct cut is futile. Whatever cut anyone thinks they have is secondary to health of that plant. A plant can be what you think it is but unhealthy buds will never be a proper representation let alone in all likelihood will not even taste or smell like namesake.
So before we get wrapped up in "strains" let's focus more on botany of the plant so it can give us all it can. Don't know about you guys but it's a pleasure for me to grow healthy plants, just watching them makes my day.

PEACE!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Since day 1, I've always had a purple line on every gg4 stalk. I am 10000000% sure I have a legit one, as I've had mine close to 4 yrs now. Long before s1 came out.

mandalaman

mandalaman

I would say this is not glue, although now that I see, you have major problems going on with that plant, and who knows what it is until the health improves.

People if your growing skills aren't up to par then asking someone if a cut is real is damn near impossible. Health negates growth characteristics, if your plants health is not sufficient labeling a correct cut is futile. Whatever cut anyone thinks they have is secondary to health of that plant. A plant can be what you think it is but unhealthy buds will never be a proper representation let alone in all likelihood will not even taste or smell like namesake.
So before we get wrapped up in "strains" let's focus more on botany of the plant so it can give us all it can. Don't know about you guys but it's a pleasure for me to grow healthy plants, just watching them makes my day.

PEACE!

Fair enough, I wasn't asking for someone to verify it was a true cut. I was just curious if purple stem was a trait ALWAYS found in GG#4 or if it can go either way. I am not very knowledgeable with genetics/breeding but I am a curious person. I didn't know if within a particular pheno you would have natural variance like that.

I agree, my plants look awful now. I never purported to be an expert or even to have any skill. I am highly motivated though and have a passion to learn and to get better. When I received the cuts (Saturday night) they were not looking great. I set up both my buckets (this is my first run with DWC) and I made a completely rookie mistake of overfeeding them. I went 1/2 strength of recommended nutes right away. Granted, I tested pH and ppm in between adding each nutrient and logged the effect each nute had on both to try and learn about what I am feeding my plants a little better, so I did at least learn something. In addition to overfeeding I had the water level too high. Last night I spent a few hours emptying and cleaning the Rez. I now have the water level in a much better position. I also have 0ppm RO water in the Reservoir along with 1/4 strength dose of Heavy Prime pHd to 5.6. I have also put a lot of work and energy into dialing in their environment. This is a learning process for me, and I feel sad when my plants look sad. I want my girls being happy. So what you see in that picture is a result of some silly rookie mistakes, mistakes that I have learned from, and I think that is what counts. Part of me hesitated even uploading those pics lest someone look at them and comment how shitty of a job I am doing for my babies. Oh well, GG4 or not, sub-par growing skills or not, I am going to put my best effort into this and absorb as much as I can.

M

marrdogg4

Don't know, since day 1 when I planted seed I have never had purple stem glues, nor is it a trait that she's known to pass. Had partner had purple stems on his glue, but was due to potassium deficiency I believe. My glues always have green stems with hints of "reddish" type color on the leaf stalks other than that my glues have "ALWAYS" had green stalks and quite sure I don't have s1. Where did you originally get cut from, think I have seen some of your grows on the mag.

PEACE!

mandalaman

mandalaman

Since day 1, I've always had a purple line on every gg4 stalk. I am 10000000% sure I have a legit one, as I've had mine close to 4 yrs now. Long before s1 came out.

Cool. Good information and I appreciate you answering the question I asked :)

I checked out some of your posts and man, you are absolutely killing it!! Kudos. I endeavor to one day be able to grow beautiful buds like you.

M

marrdogg4

Fair enough, I wasn't asking for someone to verify it was a true cut. I was just curious if purple stem was a trait ALWAYS found in GG#4 or if it can go either way. I am not very knowledgeable with genetics/breeding but I am a curious person. I didn't know if within a particular pheno you would have natural variance like that.

I agree, my plants look awful now. I never purported to be an expert or even to have any skill. I am highly motivated though and have a passion to learn and to get better. When I received the cuts (Saturday night) they were not looking great. I set up both my buckets (this is my first run with DWC) and I made a completely rookie mistake of overfeeding them. I went 1/2 strength of recommended nutes right away. Granted, I tested pH and ppm in between adding each nutrient and logged the effect each nute had on both to try and learn about what I am feeding my plants a little better, so I did at least learn something. In addition to overfeeding I had the water level too high. Last night I spent a few hours emptying and cleaning the Rez. I now have the water level in a much better position. I also have 0ppm RO water in the Reservoir along with 1/4 strength dose of Heavy Prime pHd to 5.6. I have also put a lot of work and energy into dialing in their environment. This is a learning process for me, and I feel sad when my plants look sad. I want my girls being happy. So what you see in that picture is a result of some silly rookie mistakes, mistakes that I have learned from, and I think that is what counts. Part of me hesitated even uploading those pics lest someone look at them and comment how shitty of a job I am doing for my babies. Oh well, GG4 or not, sub-par growing skills or not, I am going to put my best effort into this and absorb as much as I can.
Not shitting on you dude trust I have less than stellar grows at times we're all still learning. As I said in post doesn't matter what strain just the health. Also you asked if the purpleing of your clones was a characteristic of gg4, I "person who first started said seed, even before Josey himself" said that glue doesn't naturally exhibit purple stems unless a health problem. Demon Trich I do know you from IC why I asked where you get cuts from. And yes 4 years ago there were fake cuts going around. I been rocking this bitch since late 2010 early 2011 don't remember. But never had purple stem.

PEACE!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gg4 IS a clone only strain. They recently (about 1 yr+ ago) making s1s.

My glue came from seed pac. Very legit. Before even the 1st michigan cannabis cup I had mine.

I'll bet my t4 twister it's legit. Flowers resemble darlins net, and chaos, both gg4 crosses.

Mine have a purple line, not full purple stems.

I've see you (marr) on ic for years now.

Top Bottom