Gorilla Glue Outdoor

• Thread starter Jack Diamond
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jack Diamond

Hi,

I'm planning on growing some goodies. It's my first time and need a little help, if you guys don't mind dropping a piece of advice I would really appreciate. So here it goes:

In my country the really nice weather starts around beginning of May (24ºC / 15ºC). This why I plan going outdoors plus there's no electricity bill.

My plan is starting the vegetive in a grow room (1m x 1m x 1,6m) with 400W MH then once they start flowering I'll move it outside.

The seeds are Gorilla Glue Auto from Fast Buds.

The Soil I'm planning using it is BioBizz Light Mix.

The nutrients I'm planning on feeding them is Plagron.

To germinate I'm thinking about using Seedbox Plagron because it comes already with 250ml of Seedbooster.

Then I'm planning on using Grow Bags instead of Pots (Much cheaper and they say the outside of the bag it's white so it reflects the light and black inside so it doesn't absorb the heat. Another thing is it only cost 0,4€ for 12L). Let me know your opinion about this bags, are they good or traditional pots are better?

So in the Vegetive Growth they'll be in 12L Growbags under 400W MH in 1m² tent for about 2 to 3 weeks on a 20/4 schedule. I'm open to suggestion about the schedule, if you guys think it's better another one just let me know.

Then move it outside till it's ready to harvest.

I'm not planning on transplanting them because it's my first time and I don't want to stress them. I've read about it and to do it properly and not stress them it's quite hard.

The nutrients I'm planning on using are:
  • Plagron Seedboster
  • Plagron Alga Grow
  • Plagron Alga Bloom
  • Plagron Power Roots
  • Plagron Vita Race
  • Plagron Green Sensation
  • Plagron PK 13/14
  • Plagron Sugar Royal
  • Plagron Micro Kill
  • Plagron Mighty Neem
  • Plagron pH Min
  • Plagron pH Plus

My main questions are:
  • Do you think it's ok to use this nutrients with the BioBizz Light Mix Soil?

• Should feed them with nutrients every time (apart the ones to use once a week) or should I feed them with only water 1 or 2 times a week?

• Should I feed them with values in the instruction or a little bit lower or higher?

• The pH range it's from 6.2 to 6.5, but what's the ideal?

• The EC range from 2.5 (heavy-feeding Indicas) to 1 (light-feeding Sativas). Since this strain is an Hybrid (Ruderalis/Indica/Sativa) what should be the perfect EC for it?

I will be monitoring the pH e EC levels with Digital Kit pH+EC from ADWA.

Guys, thank you in advance for your consideration and time.

Happy growing

Link for the seeds: https://2fast4buds.com/seeds/gorilla-glue

DGP

DGP

What latitude and elevation are you? Also, how many plants are you allowed to grow or are comfortable growing?

Dee

J

Jack Diamond

What latitude and elevation are you? Also, how many plants are you allowed to grow or are comfortable growing?

Dee
I've no idea about latitude an elevation, where can I check? I'm doing 9 plants

DGP

DGP

Since you didn't say what country or area you were in I wasn't able to look at the typical conditions. I am 45 degress N of the equator at 60 ft above sea level in an area where it is quite wet and in the Fall we see a lot of rain (for example). So we have to pick strains based on the resistance to mold and mildew. What are your typical Summer and Fall like?

The reason I was wondering about plant count is regarding yield. I am preparing to grow outside this year as well (have done it for 3 years now). I grow outside for the yield, it is my one chance per year to stock up (medicine) in case I have a bad harvest indoors during the indoor seasons. So, I was wondering how your autos will yield? I grow regular plants outside cause they just get bigger than autos but then I have to struggle in the Fall if the weather goes bad.

The other thing I noticed about the strain you picked is the plants seem quite sensitive (delicate). Since you don't have previous experience growing this strain or cannabis it might be a little challenging to grow.

Deciding not to transplant is a good idea, just start with the pot size you want to end up in or according to the data for the seed. Also, that soil is already fertilized so be careful to not feed until they need it (which can be tricky to tell). By the time you realize the plants are running out of the initial food that came in the soil it may be a little late and then your stressing the plant and autos have no time to recover.

Dee
From the seed vendor: "This plant is delicate so the most important thing to do is to not stress her so she can blossom into the fine woman she was always meant to be. We recommend using pots up to 11-13 gallons (40-50 liters) to make the most out of outdoor growing. For indoors, it would be best to use bulbs of 600 – 1000 watts per m2. This could yield up to 16 plants in this space".

DGP

DGP

Oh yeah, Don't over water (like we all do or did in the beginning:) ). Lift the pots and don't water until the pot feels significantly lighter but again with autos you'll need to take care not to let them dry out and droop cause of the stress that it will cause and again it's an auto and doesn't have the time to deal with stress.

Dee

J

Jack Diamond

Oh yeah, Don't over water (like we all do or did in the beginning:) ). Lift the pots and don't water until the pot feels significantly lighter but again with autos you'll need to take care not to let them dry out and droop cause of the stress that it will cause and again it's an auto and doesn't have the time to deal with stress.

Dee
I'm from South Spain and weather from may till September I dry and warm.

I've read that but the reason I choose the 12L Bags is that I'm afraid they might grow to big and then becomes a liability.

So do you recommend using coco?

If I use coco or light mix do I still need to use pH and EC meter or that is just for hydroponics?

J

Jack Diamond

Plus what do you think about the 12L grow bags instead of pots?

DGP

DGP

I don't have much experience with coco. Your seed company recommends a much bigger pot. I use 40 liter (10 gallon) grow bags and yes the fabric bags are a good idea in my opinion. Even a 40L grow bag is a little on the small size for regular outdoor but since your growing autos they wont have time to get big and fill the pot completely. I think they finish from seedling to flower in 10 weeks.....at that rate they shouldn't be very big when they finish. According to your seed vendor they don't get much over 100cm (40 inches) so they stay pretty small. In 40 or 50L bags (recommended by your seed vendor) you can still move them easily if there is a security issue or the weather goes bad. Some grow bags come with nice handles on them.

Sometimes I have to finish my plants indoor so it is nice to be able to haul them in the house if weather or other issues dictate.

Dee

DGP

DGP

A ph meter is pretty essential but in a pinch you could use test strips. You could get pretty close just measuring out nutrients according to the fertilizer feeding instructions but an EC is nice to have. I wouldn't recommend going coco unless you have the time to water what could be several times a day with accurately mixed nutes and the meters are especially important with a hydro like process. I do deep water culture indoors and soil outdoors.

Dee

J

Jack Diamond

A ph meter is pretty essential but in a pinch you could use test strips. You could get pretty close just measuring out nutrients according to the fertilizer feeding instructions but an EC is nice to have. I wouldn't recommend going coco unless you have the time to water what could be several times a day with accurately mixed nutes and the meters are especially important with a hydro like process. I do deep water culture indoors and soil outdoors.

Dee
Thank you so much man, really appreciated

Wolfe

Wolfe

Haven’t used a ph meter in years. I use super soil outside and inside. There are recipes online where you don’t have to cook your soil. Let’s the plant pull the nutrients it wants. If you’re smoking it, it will taste and burn better without synthetic bottled nutrients..I haven’t bought soil in years. I just re amend it every year and add compost. I think I pay about 10 bucks to produce a pound cleaner and stronger than most indoor Denver dispensary weed. For me it’s been stronger and better than anything I can find on the market. When I run out I’m very disappointed by dispensaries and I try to source the best.

Top Bottom