got banned as well

• Thread starter The OrigFred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There's a reason I, and Jay, and Burn1, and a host of others quit. The BS between egos in that subforum is insane. No one on regular gardening forums acts that way. Hell, even the nuts at permies are less combative. I'm tired of organics being used as a cudgel to bludgeon one's opponents.
It's why I quit, for sure, and frankly I was doing pretty well until I mentioned the fractious nature of the forum and particular individuals who kept that flavor going too strongly for my taste. Well, that, and vonforne getting into my account, removing me from groups, getting into my PMs, etc, etc, etc. I hear it turns out he's not such a savory character, too.

P

Pendleton

SM, I had hoped when those assholes left that things would cool down. Instead the subforum just got filled with idiots who treated those guys like martyrs. It just turned into idiots who didn't understand coot's advice to begin with. Then mods like payaso decided they'd leave all that shit stickied like it was a positive draw or something. I've never seen such craziness over a method of gardening.

R

Rasta Man

why does a good site like thcfarmer need a thread like this knocking another site, its petty and childish. i actually like both sites.

once humans get into a position of power they become asses well proven fact.

SPG your the most active person on IC lol

e4ian

e4ian

? (-: Can't post im no longer a Member.Pity 'cus i see "a" new UFC Thread has Appeared...

e4ian

e4ian

Just read ya post (again), crocodile og. Yep ive Detected a CULT ish Feel with Ic mag.Some Guys are There only to Argue n make themselves feel better, imo and Experience.. "if you dont agree with Someones Comments
"Sh*t hits the fan" .. n ya get Bombarded from "Followers" [or wannabes in a Virtual world! -DONT GET IT!!] and when/IF a Mod gets Involved like my Case!..Game over man.To Some Old and Much liked Threads as well..
"as one guy said "do you throw the baby out with the Dirty bathwater." ( !!!!?)

Junk

Junk

I was banned from a totally different site, which is how I ended up here. They didn't like me talking about their favorite light.

The reason I was given was "giving false information to noobs." I have no clue what they are talking about. They did not respond to any questions.

What sucks is all my posts disappeared. Everything I ever typed there is gone, as if I never existed there. All my experiments, grow diaries, everything, just gone.

That is what pissed me off the most. Alright, you don't like what I have to say about your light. Just delete the post. I probably would never even have noticed. Instead you outright ban me? For a fake reason? And delete all my posts (only a years worth, but I'm pretty active on forums)

I get that the light co is one of their sponsors (now, lol). But I've moderated a lot of forums. Had it been me, and a member who consistently posted good information, grow diaries, experiments...and who got a long well with everyone, and wasn't anything but a delight to have on my forum, I would just send a note that said, "I appreciate your contributions to the forum. Our website relies on revenues from sponsors. To keep our forum going, we have to make sure we our sponsors are happy. Said post has been deleted. We sincerely hope you understand the position we are in."

I think most people would have been smart enough to get the message. I deleted all my grow diary photos. And right before I did it, I paused and thought, "should I keep these? Nah, they are online now," and I deleted all the photos from all my grows.

You know how people will say once something is out there on the net, it's there forever? It's not true :(

Honestly, I'm glad they did it though, I probably would not have found this place otherwise, I was content there. However, this place is a much better fit for me. The information is much more in depth and fleshed out, the vibe here is cool, the members (in general ;) are not ass-hats, and the mods, as opposed to being a bag of dicks, are a barrel of laughs.

This is the place to be imo

lino

lino

I think the site would run fine with out a Mod banning people for behavior. the site would run just fine if they just stuck to legal issues of pot and let people argue. maybe i'm wrong on this issue... Ive been banned plenty and I always forget how many of these guys and girls actually know each other. Id let fights over strains, politics, religion and race...and then there are those who take it personal.

Mods are a little carried away when you can talk more shit on FB where your known than you can on a Farmer site, really?.

lino

lino

If you talk good bout Obama they'll leave a post but here are 2 subjects that will get deleted and could get you banned SO DONT create these 2 subjects threads...
Trump
or
Illegal undocumented people in America

cpl of Mods will freak out on certain subjects and if you read between the lines you see everyones true feelings anyway. Its a Mod world when it comes to some opinions. Accept it, but I noticed that a LARGE crowd hardly post here because of it. Did a post bout Obama care and the Farmer site activity really increased due to that thread until it was erased.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you just avoid discussing politics that don't directly concern cannabis laws on this site, you'll be good as far as we mods are concerned. Start bringing that other stuff up, and we're going to remove it if we find it. It causes too much dissension between members, too much strife and a qualified shit-ton of work for mods. So what that means is that those two subjects you're bringing up here are subjects that don't belong here.

Facebook is where you can discuss your personal politics, all day long, without any fear of reprisal from us. :)

lino

lino

sending my point but I forgot its a one sided conversation here so I get banned or deleted , SO I EDITED< anyway
... and I agree with maid in the fact that people come here and if say something negative about heir hero's they get real upset but I dint realize how many know each other for a while, so it is personal to them, so stick to the Mods point of view and you'll be fine. but to me; no one has ever done anything but make me laugh,,, one time I even had my name posted after a heated debate, It didnt bother me. This is less personal than FB in my opinion and you just heard maid say, go to FB .. so you talk the way a Mod thinks on this site or go to FB. Example: @Junk put his heart and soul in threads to just have them deleted where I come here to have fun and post my stupid ass pics and talk bout Trump just enough to make sub-lingual points and talk about the evasion of UFO aliens, what we gonna do?,,, I know,, south park skit,,, but it was funny as shit if you saw it and that makes my point again,,, people are afraid of truth speakers like me and Trump, but Trumps hard to ban... LMAO

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
sending my point but I forgot its a one sided conversation here so I get banned or deleted , SO I EDITED< anyway
... and I agree with maid in the fact that people come here and if say something negative about heir hero's they get real upset but I dint realize how many know each other for a while, so it is personal to them, so stick to the Mods point of view and you'll be fine. but to me; no one has ever done anything but make me laugh,,, one time I even had my name posted after a heated debate, It didnt bother me. This is less personal than FB in my opinion and you just heard maid say, go to FB .. so you talk the way a Mod thinks on this site or go to FB. Example: @Junk put his heart and soul in threads to just have them deleted where I come here to have fun and post my stupid ass pics and talk bout Trump just enough to make sub-lingual points and talk about the evasion of UFO aliens, what we gonna do?,,, I know,, south park skit,,, but it was funny as shit if you saw it and that makes my point again,,, people are afraid of truth speakers like me and Trump, but Trumps hard to ban... LMAO

Look, for someone who likes to put himself out there as such a well educated expert on so many subjects, I would think that the terms and rules that you agreed to when you signed up wouldn't be so hard to wrap your head around. But, if the language about rule 12 is unclear, I will discuss it with the site admin with a goal of clarification on the subject regarding political discussion outside the context of medical cannabis legislation and laws.

Political discussions cause a great deal of discord. Thus, the vast majority of pot sites have banned political discussion. Now, here's the thing about these sites--they're not dedicated to anything resembling free speech. Furthermore, free speech does *not* mean you get to have your speech on someone else's dime. Facebook allows this with little to no moderation. So! If what you want is the ability to say exactly what you like, go to a website that allows it. This is not one of them. What's really frustrating to me even more is that we've been pretty God damned clear about that on this site--no political discussion outside cannabis stuff.

How is that so hard to understand?

Me, personally? You go toot your horn as hard as you want. You believe yourself to be a truth speaker? Go find a pulpit from which to preach. This is not your pulpit.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Although the line between censorship and allowable contend is VERY fine, and quite blurry if you ask me,

I completely respect the clarity of what is allowable content, and I think THCfarmer is quite ethical with what they do and don't allow.

Clearly stating political discussions, not involving cannabis, aren't allowed is alright in my book, as this is a cannabis forum. Who wants the back and forth anyways? I'd rather have a friendly discussion than an argument any day...

Keep it clean!

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

it was the vids on youtube that were the biggest turn-off for me - seeing what an ass clown gypsy is, you know damn well, the instant the feds ask for access to his servers, they'll have it. Gypsy might hold out for a hot cup of tea, but that's the most i'd give him credit for - watch the vids and you'll understand what i'm saying. Guys that bark at their employees like that, so "ferociously" in the face of an impotent adversary, are usually cowards when faced with a serious adversary
Had more than one opportunity in life to see the big bad man get put down by the smaller Bullies suck

R

Rasta Man

its funny there is not much difference between here and IC, i see the same arguments going on. its just peoples preferences or who pissed who off the most or who can tolerate who the most.

what really annoyed me is how mods on IC hide behind the terms of use, same shit happening here. people on this page complaining about posts been deleted. people in power act the same.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@Rasta Man Huge difference between here and IC. IC is really run by left wing loonies. Nothing wrong with being left or right, but when you choose to find your self on the far fringes of either of those parties we have problems. One way that problem manifests itself, here if you speak out wrong, you get a account restriction. Which they just slow down your accounts ability to download the webpage. Then you get a temp ban, then you get a ban. If you get an IP ban here, something crazy must have gone down.

At IC, it's strait to the ban, then they keep an eye out for you so they can IP ban. I got temp banned, found this site and didn't want to return to IC. I tried to delete my account, but it wouldn't work. I messaged skip about removing my account. Next thing I know, IP ban. IC mag isn't even close to the Farm. IC mag is run by loonies that have too much power that they like to exercise.

Have you seen Skips "other" website?

Junk

Junk

Maybe it's just the parts of the forum I've visited, but I haven't seen anyone here being unreasonable. Especially the mods. They don't pick through the posts with a fine tooth comb. I find, even the people I have had disagreements with, have been quite reasonable.

A mods job is not going to change, no matter where they are, but here, they seem to realize they are human beings just like the rest of us. I also think the majority of people here deserve credit for a smoothly running place.

@lino, (how do you guys do that @Thing?) You have read a lot of my posts, so you are familiar with my style. As if I'm so unreasonable as to be banned. However, in any forum, anywhere, even the ones I've moderated...I have never seen someone's entire history deleted.
Usually it just says "banned."

Top Bottom