Got My Seeds In Soil (autos)

• Thread starter Dogface 1952
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dogface 1952

I got 5 critical autoflower to germinate I put in soil under 18/6 led lights but I think the temperature is to hot have not seen no action in 2 days. The outside temp starts out around 85 in am and by mid day 90. My room I have can blowing but still hot could this hinder growth

patchgrower

patchgrower

boy thats pretty hot.is the soil staying good and damp, if it dries out any at this critical stage they will be toast in no time.can you get it any cooler where they are as you are probably on the borderline.

D

Dogface 1952

boy thats pretty hot.is the soil staying good and damp, if it dries out any at this critical stage they will be toast in no time.can you get it any cooler where they are as you are probably on the borderline.
Tried putting can on them just have to wait and see. I am checking moisture in soil evwry 4-6 hours

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Do you not have a fan to disperse heat? Remember heat rises, you want your fan to be able to do this you are running to hot, try to keep your temp to 80f max.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

80f is hot I try to keep it below that, I use a fan to disperse heat, this is blowing the air around, so with me 80f max is probably 75f under my lights, any way I never no I can't say never last year was very hot I did bring in a crop but the heat did stunt my plants a bit, but I had no a.c. in bedroom, once I got plants in another room they were ok.

D

Dogface 1952

That is problem my room is very small no air con but in bedroom and not enough room. Out of 5 seeds only one growing lucky o got 20 more seeds to work with. My first time in 30 years.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Space can be just as much a problem as heat, if you are in a very confined place and have a very strong light that can cause all sorts of problems, I have a California light works veg and bloom 110s I think I have had so much success in a closet is that these are very good lights for that high intensity but a small footprint, I bought some secondary lighting to increase the size of my grow but now I have to set up a tent, and don't know until I try how it's going to work, well I'm going to make it work, but your right it is hard to disperse heat in a very confined space, I bought a couple clip fans and clipped them on below my plants aimed up and sideways in a walk in closet by leaving the end door oper a bit this realy disperserses heat but not everybody does not hav a walk in so I can see your problem.

H

heisen

Ambient temp and radiant temp are completely different.I run my room at 82 in VEG.Current culture says to run plants at 83 in the first few weeks and around 65 percent humidity.
Some outdoor plants like tomatoes wont even set fruit unless the temp is above 80 degrees.80 degrees is a good temp for young plants.The warmer the temp is the more they will open the stomata and photosynthesis increases.Ill lower the temp to around 77 after flower begins,
You have to watch the plants individually for heat stress.When you see the cerations on the leaves curving up than add a fan to blow over the tops of them on low speed.If that doesnt work than work on lowering the temps.
I run several different thermometers on the walls and my ambient temp is set to 84 on the AC and the wall temps are 81,radiant temp on the buckets is 87
took these pics last night

20180429 010349

20180429 010156

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom