Got to love them LEDs.

• Thread starter Pakalolo Laau
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

thanks .. how about in veg...useful there?

Again, a qualified yes. I've seen it do great things on small plants to get them to grow quickly into bigger plants, but it doesn't fill them out as well as either HPS or MH. I run one as an adjunct in my babies room to kickstart a batch for production, and another to add to light from both an adjacent 400W HPS and a nearby 1kW MH. As such, they do well. I'm still running the big lights in veg to get my girls ready for the environment they'll see in bloom- which is high intensity hps lighting.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Again, a qualified yes. I've seen it do great things on small plants to get them to grow quickly into bigger plants, but it doesn't fill them out as well as either HPS or MH. I run one as an adjunct in my babies room to kickstart a batch for production, and another to add to light from both an adjacent 400W HPS and a nearby 1kW MH. As such, they do well. I'm still running the big lights in veg to get my girls ready for the environment they'll see in bloom- which is high intensity hps lighting.
i am running a 1000 mh and 12 t5's ....but theres still room for more in veg

Dunge

Dunge

Check this out:

$219 for 150W WHITE light. (You supply the electrical cord.)
I was at a friends warehouse shop, and he was replacing 400W MH high bay lamps with these LEDs.
LEDs looked brighter, and the light was very nice.
I just put one in flower space (replaced one of three 400W HPS) and one over my veg where the one LED replaced six 4' florescent.
The biggest breakthrough I see in these lamps is the lack of fans. No fan means I can expect the long LED life to pan out. None of the other LED grow lamps I have purchased will outlive the first fan failure.
The second interesting aspect of these lamps is how white and broad spectrum they are.
I can only imagine that the LED component is producing a short wavelength energizer that is then reflected off of an emitter surface.

They look great, open up the look of my grow spaces, and run cool and quiet. Cool is a relative term here as they do generate heat, but the flower room temps fell 4 deg F by replacing one 400W HPS. This was a needed heat reduction, so it is to the good.
Time will tell, but I can easily see replacing the other two HPS if this grow finishes out well.
I pay $.25 per KWH so payback should be quick.
Perhaps the time has come.
I have seen lots of big lamps getting tossed at the dump.
These new LEDs are likely the explanation.
Six screws, and the plastic cover is removed. Already had a few dead flys in there.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Idk about that. I blast 6, 4-5 footers under my led. Then when they hit the outdoors..... BOOM! Fat RESULTS all the time.

SAM 0634rs

Look at how bushy these turned out after vegging under the led. A crap load of trimming for just 7 ladies. So much bud sites its painfully(carpal tunnel) incredible. Threw these out at 4'. Only problem was they didn't stretch much. Sun is out only for 11 hours. Made for a quick 6 weeks and near done.

This is how I am going to do my next led launch. 13 off, 11 on. Then in the future 13 on, 11 off.

Both ways are based on the HI cycle. Should be a fun experiment.

G

Grub

Six screws, and the plastic cover is removed. Already had a few dead flys in there.
Hey Dunge, hi, I signed up here to comment on the high bay LED from home depot. I picked one up to check it out. I removed one of the end caps to see about sliding the plastic diffuser out of there but it seemed tight in place and I was not able to remove it. I couldn't tell if it was sandwiched in tightly or was taped/glued in place. Would you mind elaborating on what you did to remove it? Are you concerned about using it with the LEDs exposed? i saw that the light is basically two circuit boards with LEDs on them.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Idk about that. I blast 6, 4-5 footers under my led. Then when they hit the outdoors..... BOOM! Fat RESULTS all the time.

View attachment 356511

Look at how bushy these turned out after vegging under the led. A crap load of trimming for just 7 ladies. So much bud sites its painfully(carpal tunnel) incredible. Threw these out at 4'. Only problem was they didn't stretch much. Sun is out only for 11 hours. Made for a quick 6 weeks and near done.

This is how I am going to do my next led launch. 13 off, 11 on. Then in the future 13 on, 11 off.

Both ways are based on the HI cycle. Should be a fun experiment.

This looks like it confirms what I was saying- that LED is good in veg. Your little greenhouse is very cool, love the walls and wavy ceiling so no one can spot your crop from the air. Next time, bend the branches on your plants down and out, so they stick out sideways and all those bud sites get light instead of just the top ones. You'll get huge increases in yield and all you did was bend some plants. Seriously.

You're in HI, and that makes a big difference when putting plants outside because there things are always humid, helping the plants get established. Here it's super dry and the girls would get fried both by that and by the high altitude Sun in summer- and of course winter makes it impossible to grow outdoors half the year.

Dunge

Dunge

I removed one of the end caps to see about sliding the plastic diffuser out of there but it seemed tight in place and I was not able to remove it. I couldn't tell if it was sandwiched in tightly or was taped/glued in place.
Pull harder.
I had the same experience, but I rammped up the effort, and out they came.
I will take care not to contaminate the LED reflective surface when watering.
Other than that, I don't see the plastic cover offering any protection from electrostatic dust agglomeration.(EDA)

So Grub, how do you like your lamp?
I'm cautious about going on too much as they are so new, but saving so much on electric bills and seeing how nice the plants look is a thrill.
Makes me want to go stand with my plants.
Gotta go.

G

Grub

So Grub, how do you like your lamp?
hey thanks for the reply. its about the power and footprint i was looking for and fit my budget so i decided to give it a try. it is really bright! at 150w, it seems to my eyes about the same brightness as my 400w MH, but with a whiter light and a smaller usable footprint. seems like a pretty cheapy product though, so i wonder about durability and reliability. and it runs hot! really hot, where the LED boards are attached to the case. i put a small fan blowing over the light to help keep it cool. if i decide to keep it, i will most likely remove the plastic diffuser. i still have to see if plants like it, that's the most important thing i guess.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

This looks like it confirms what I was saying- that LED is good in veg. Your little greenhouse is very cool, love the walls and wavy ceiling so no one can spot your crop from the air. Next time, bend the branches on your plants down and out, so they stick out sideways and all those bud sites get light instead of just the top ones. You'll get huge increases in yield and all you did was bend some plants. Seriously.

You're in HI, and that makes a big difference when putting plants outside because there things are always humid, helping the plants get established. Here it's super dry and the girls would get fried both by that and by the high altitude Sun in summer- and of course winter makes it impossible to grow outdoors half the year.

The wavy ceiling is for when it rains here in the winter. It can get pretty moist and really humid. Losing flowers to moisture sucks this time of the year. I do take it off on the sunny days though.
I don't bend much because of the limits that we have here as patients. My friend always tells me that I would make a lot of people sick from the mainland(as I throw away a lot of leaf and trim). Lol. I use the small popcorn leftovers for edibles. I do know that bending em would be really righteous, but, I stay within the boundaries that we have in our state. Makes for less headaches with the regulators. They do yield pretty nice though without the bending.
I just got a new light to experiment with. I am wondering if I should scratch the Led launch, and flower with the new light instead. Even start a new thread with a new topic other than led and hid.

I believe someone needs to do a PLASMA flower run and create a thread...

I would do it if people preferred to see a grow like that, instead of another led grow.....

What do you guys think?

PL.

P.S. I really haven't seen much plasma threads around the web much either.....

zhuminous

zhuminous

Wow, a lot of the plants look great
Indoor -> outdoor hybrid is an interesting concept - looks very successful :woot:

Thanks for sharing!

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Outdoor with a light for extending the day is also awesome. Especially with all them solar powered led flood light set ups. Makes for an awesome combination.

IkeTheDon

IkeTheDon

Hopefully somebody is still watching this thread I to an having cal/mag issues with leds... Growing autos so far been at 3mls per gallon but hasn't been helping should I up it to 6ml per or even higher???

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

This is the first light I have owned so I can not compare but it works great, the only problem is the heat in my little tent. I have a 1200 watt galaxyhydro cob light and a 3x3 tent. I loked up the specs and for 1200 watt cob you should have a 5x5 tent minimum. I have tried many fans and there seems to be no way to keep it below 90° F at 2 feet below the light except to leave the tent door open halfway from the top. Now I am just waiting until I can afford a bigger tent.
20150919 205214

20150921 004313

Top Bottom